Corsair Community

I Need Help with LL120 fans and RGB strip Plz

zombie243

I have 9 fans in my case and i want to buy 9 LL120 RGB fans and the lighting node pro and the extension for a total of 8 RGB strips. So i want to connect 9 LL 120 Fans and 8 strips. what do i need to make this work. thank you for your time any advice will be greatly appreciated.

So ... the components you'll need are:

2x RGB Fan Controllers: Each one can control up to 6 fans. Since you're going for 9, you'll need 2 of them.

2x Lighting Node Pro: 1 LNP can control 2 RGB fan controllers or 2 sets of 4 RGB strips. So you'll need two of them: 1 for the fans and one for the 8 RGB strips.

You'll need to get 2 LL120 3x multi packs (for the 2 fan RGB controllers). Each one of those will come also with a Lighting Node Pro. So you'll only need to buy 2 LED strip extensions, not another Lighting Node Pro, as well as 3 individual LL fans.

It's not required and won't save you from any other components. However, I (personally) like it because it provides multiple temperature sensors that I have throughout my case and allows me to control my fans based on those temperatures ... so I have more flexibility in cooling my system and the noise generated than I have with just the motherboard controls. It will, however, only control 6 fans ... I'm sure you can use splitters to increase the total number of fans controlled but I don't know what the hard power limit is for the CPro.

It also has extra USB ports, which could be handy with the 2 LNPs. And ... you'd be able to use the C-Pro in place of one of the LNPs, leaving you with a spare.

Archived