Corsair Community

Corsair air 540 and h100i v2 install help

Peter goessling

Hi people i have just bought my new parts for my computer but habent done much with water cooling before.

Should the raidator be in top of case or front and where ahould raidator fans be in front of radiator or behind.

I am open to ideas and advice all my specs are above.

A lot comes does to personal preference, I prefer Top + Exhaust.

You need to disable fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS so the H100iV2 get's the constant +12 volts that it needs. Last time I looked the installation guide did not mention this.

I second the above. One of the best features of a 540 is that short, unobstructed distance from front fans to GPU, motherboard, etc. It would be a shame to waste the direct cooling potential by blocking it off with a radiator.

As for the fan placement on the radiator, I usually prefer "push", which is the intake side of the radiator. Performance differences are generally meaningless, however using them in "pull" (exhaust side of radiator) at the top between the radiator and case is most often a little noisier since the blades interact with both the radiator and case mesh. This is certainly case and fan specific, but the SP120L's that come with the H100iv2 don't need to be any noiser.

Archived