Corsair Community

corsair ll120 rgb only half lighting up.

Fishman101

hello, I have eight ll120 rgb fans installed in my case at the moment. when I first installed them they all worked fine apart from the occasional clash with msi mystic light.

now when I went into icue to change the colours of the fans, three of the fans now do not light up anymore, four of them work correctly and change colours ect properly. there is one fan however that only three quarters of the fan lights up-like one segment of the outer ring does nothing. any help would be greatly appreciated.

my specs are:

MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon

AMD Ryzen 2700x

Corsair Vengance RGB 16GB

8x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans

EVGA GTX 1080 SC

DSC_0337.thumb.JPG.d6ca3418d24020df7a1dbe4fd9cbbcf5.JPG

DSC_0335.thumb.JPG.149e7f5c60953075fb2d8a744ddc7f4e.JPG

DSC_0336.thumb.JPG.249480ec43f5690f8534fc1b20a24d2f.JPG

I guess it's dead led in you fan.

I have to replace 4 of my 6 LL because of that.

Still dealing with the worst sav I've ever seen so good luck my friend, that's just the beginning.

Learn mediation before sending a ticket !

So, that one led is whats causing the other fans to not light up? Its only a week old too. Is there nothing else i can do apart from replace the fan?

Edit, just turned the pc on and all the fans have lit up even the one that seems to have a dud led, dunno whats going on

Edit edit as soon as icue boots up the dud led has stuck on red and all other fans in the series have frozen.

Edited by Fishman101

• 3 months later...

Hi, I'm currently having the same issue... I built my PC earlier this year and up until a couple of days ago the LL120 RGB fans started doing strange lighting. I have 4 fans plugged into the Corsair Node and I'm using a static white setting.

Sometimes the fans will be half white and the other half some random color that ICUE is not even set to. Also all the time I have 1 LED on the outer rim of each fan cycling on and off.

I have tried switching the fans around on different ports on the Corsair Node and that has not helped. I have check and made sure that all of ICUE is up to date. The last thing I can think of doing is checking the wiring but all of the fans fully light up properly when the PC is starting up.

I have a feeling this is mostly a software issue with ICUE?

Hi, I'm currently having the same issue... I built my PC earlier this year and up until a couple of days ago the LL120 RGB fans started doing strange lighting. I have 4 fans plugged into the Corsair Node and I'm using a static white setting.

Sometimes the fans will be half white and the other half some random color that ICUE is not even set to. Also all the time I have 1 LED on the outer rim of each fan cycling on and off.

I have tried switching the fans around on different ports on the Corsair Node and that has not helped. I have check and made sure that all of ICUE is up to date. The last thing I can think of doing is checking the wiring but all of the fans fully light up properly when the PC is starting up.

I have a feeling this is mostly a software issue with ICUE?

Hi Jordan,

Same issue here. I believe it is some sort of software issue, I've had two tickets open with Corsair and no luck.

I encourage you to open a ticket so they are aware of the problems.