The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 02:34 AM

POST ID # = 424321
ShadeZE Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
A: Yes that part is BEMP Certified
Has an employee at Corsair created the over-clocking BEMP .xml file for the CMD4GX3M2B1600C8 and uploaded it to the AMD server?

Old 11-02-2009, 01:55 PM

POST ID # = 424382
boldtaar Reputation: 10

I can't get a strait answer from ASUS-support if the motherboard BIOS support BEMP or not. ASUS is saying that the reason for 'DDR3 memory profile' setting is not visible in my BIOS is because its disabled if supported hardware is not present.
Is the Corsair CMD4GX3M2B1600C8 a bad match for my ASUS motherboard?

Started to get a little frustrated a few days ago :(

Last edited by boldtaar; 11-02-2009 at 01:59 PM.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:26 PM
rwg's PC Specs

POST ID # = 424456
rwg Reputation: 10

Reference the support from Asus: I noticed Fry's Electronics has marked down the Asus M479T Deluxe to $129.00 here in Houston, TX. They also have put a colored (pink) covering where the normal one was. I asked the sales assoaiate and he stated in his experience Fry's always does this as a closeout process when they have learned a new board is coming. This same process happened with the AMD Gigabite board and MSI older models and sure enough the new boards appeared for sale witin 45 days. The Asus board was one of the first AMD 3 boards if not the first so perhaps this is why you cannot get the answers you are seeking.
rwg.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:09 AM

POST ID # = 424524

I have a Asus M4A79XTD EVO and is not the same as Asus M479T Deluxe.
The M4A79XTD EVO is only few weeks old on the market. http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/825

ASUS is stonewalling my and refuses to give me any support or answer to any questions about there motherboard or BIOS.
They wont help me because CMD4GX3M2B1600C8 is not on there Memory Qualified Vendors List.
http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...TD_EVO_QVL.zip

Last edited by boldtaar; 11-03-2009 at 09:49 AM.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:07 AM

POST ID # = 424543

Corsair can you make a link to the BEMP xml file available?
If I can downland the file manually I can import it to my AMD OverDrive and se if that works.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 424675
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

That part is BEMP Certified and the file has been uploaded to AMD's site. Uploaded August 12 2009.
You will not be able to enable this from the BIOS, you have to load Windows and install the application and once it checks what you have it will down load and set the profile from the application in Windows.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:41 AM

POST ID # = 424751

You miss understand me!
I can't download a AMD Black Edition Memory Profile in AMD OverDrive. I get error message "No new update available" when check for a profile to download.
But there is also a option to manually import xml files in AMD OverDrive.
Can you please post a copy of the xml for CMD4GX3M2B1600C8 file?

Last edited by boldtaar; 11-04-2009 at 07:51 AM.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:16 AM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 425105

The profile will only load if it detects that you have a black edition CPU and I would suggest contacting AMD and see what they suggest but at this time the file is not available for the general public.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:59 PM

POST ID # = 425740

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
The profile will only load if it detects that you have a black edition CPU and I would suggest contacting AMD and see what they suggest but at this time the file is not available for the general public.
As I mention before I have a black edition CPU and have already tried contacting AMD. See previous posts.

Could it be that the XML file in the AMD database is targeted for a specific version of CMD4GX3M2B1600C8? My CMD4GX3M2B1600C8 is marked v5.2.
Is that newest version or have I received a old version without BEMP support?

File not available for the general public? I just need some one to export ther file using AMD Overdrive then I can import the file in my system if some post it here at the forum. Can't be that hard, just a few mouse clicks?

Old 11-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 425741
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldtaar View Post
File not available for the general public? I just need some one to export ther file using AMD Overdrive then I can import the file in my system if some post it here at the forum. Can't be that hard, just a few mouse clicks?
We have not clarified with AMD if we have the rights/permission to distribute the files from our resources. Until AMD clarifies this, the files are not available from Corsair.

AMD has the files. At this point, it is up to them to distribute them.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 425750
Wired Reputation: 32

From what I understand, the software first confirms that you have a Black Edition CPU, and then looks at the part number of the module. AFAIK version numbers aren't in the SPD info.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 11-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 425765

What did AMD tech support suggest?

Old 11-16-2009, 12:47 PM

POST ID # = 426763

This is the response from my service request:
Quote:
Dear Customer,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200250508]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Bugs are reported through submitting a ticket as feedback.

I have directed the information AMD Developer Central the ones responsible for the AMD Overdrive program development. If it is a bug it will be addressed in a future update to the software.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Original Text From:
To: TECH.SUPPORT@amd.com
CC:
Sent: 10/30/09 04:09:20
Subject: Re: AMD Service Notice:{ticketno:[8200250508]}

Hi,

But if there is a bug in software or something wrong in your profile database who do i turn to?

Corsair says my memory modules are BEMP Certified. But OverDrive says 'No new update available', something is not right in your database or the error message I get is wrong. The error message from OverDrive comes back very quickly, maybe to quickly. I don't think there was enough time for the program to have done a database search before responding.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 7:03 PM
To:
Subject: AMD Service Notice:{ticketno:[8200250508]}

Dear Customer,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200250508]} has been reviewed and updated.

Although we provide Overdrive software we do not offer support or troubleshooting on the software. It is provided as is. 3.0.2 is the current version of the software and there are no updates past this version yet.

Any overclocking utility should be used by experienced users who are familiar with the settings of the BIOS including timings supported by the hardware in your system.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care
I now have created a second service request to AMD since I haven't heard any thing new in several weeks and I still have the same problem after the new AMD OverDrive update.

This is there first response to my second attempt to get any support:

Quote:
Hi,
What do you mean?
A normal profile? What are you talking about?
I don't have access to any outer memory profiles in AMD OverDrive!
I can manually configure my RAM settings but that losing the whole point of black edition memory profiles.

According to Corsair a XML file for memory modules CMD4GX3M2B1600C8 has been uploaded on August 12 2009 to AMD's site.
Dear Customer,
Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200254429]} has been reviewed and updated.

Can you use a not update AMD black edition memory profile version? Maybe there are not any update for this memory model and you can use the normal profile.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care

They don't seem to know what they are talking about!
I answer them but nothing new in a week...

Can someone at Corsair confirm BEMP functionalaty on CMD4GX3M2B1600C8 by testing?

Last edited by boldtaar; 11-16-2009 at 04:13 PM.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:53 PM
rwg's PC Specs

POST ID # = 426833
rwg Reputation: 10
Default Don't give up your efforts.

Keep at it and help all AMD users to obtain the same degree of support Intel provides. They (the department you are asking for help) don't have a clue of what BEMP actually is or the support team needs a shove from top mamagement. They need to be honest or help you by "seconding" the request to a more technical team. Don't give up and let them off the hook. AMD owes this to their customers. Perhaps an attorney will take the issue under advisement as a class action civical matter. rwg.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 426838
Wired Reputation: 32

Take the lawyer talk off of this forum please.

If AMD has said they don't support the software then I'm not sure what else you can ask of them.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)