The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 70 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 02:52 PM
nawk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 463021
nawk Reputation: 10
Default Frustrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by shevchenko View Post
Running these TR3X6G1866C7GTF for a year now without any problems
Don't get too comfortable, I had mine for a year now too and one of them died 2 days ago (with similar symptoms as experienced by other Dominator GT owners who are affected by the Elpida ICs)

I'm in a world of hurt right now b/c the TR3X3G2000C7GTF is now discontinued. Paolo from Customer Service Department told the closest 3 GB kit to mine is the Dominator GT 1866MHz C7. That is completely unacceptable. At the time of purchase, I paid big bucks for *the* best, and I deserve the best, and I had a high level of confidence in Corsair for delivering the best.

Paolo explained that Corsair will either upgrade me to something better or issue me a full refund for my product.

I prefer not to get a refund and stick with Corsair, but I can't seem to find anything at or above 2000MHz at CL7 on the Online Web Store -- Is CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 also discontinued, I can't find that either. I was given the impression since the product code change to CMG***, the Dominator GTs are no longer using the Elpidas. Can someone update me on the whole situation?

Despite the Elpida issue/incident, I would like to stick to Corsair Memory if I had the choice. *If Corsair is no longer selling 2000+MHz CL7 Dominators, then I have no choice but getting a refund :(

Old 08-29-2010, 01:04 AM
scgt1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 463868
scgt1 Reputation: 10

I'm assuming the stick that failed last night on me is a cause to this. Not sure what the F means in the part numbers listed, but other then that mine is on the list:
TR3X6G2000C8GT is what is on my stick. The box is in the garage so I don't know if there is a kit number or not that is different.

Still waiting to hear back about my rma claim.

From the above post though I'm wondering whats going on with Corsair if they aren't offering good products for replacement why did we pay $400 for a set of ram?

I just checked the box in the garage and sure enough mine are part of this problem.
TR3X6G2000C8GTF G is what's on the box.

So in other words I spent a premium like many others for kick *** ram and I'll get cheap crap for a replacement then. Wonderful! Great way to take care of the customers that pay the salary!

Last edited by scgt1; 08-29-2010 at 01:19 AM.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:08 AM
Banned

POST ID # = 463869
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgt1 View Post

From the above post though I'm wondering whats going on with Corsair if they aren't offering good products for replacement why did we pay $400 for a set of ram?
Please read page 1.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:58 AM
scgt1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 464176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
Please read page 1.
Page one doesn't say much not to mention page one is from over a year ago. From what I've been reading is none of the chips that have been used since Elphida are worth a crap. Not only that I don't see any available sets that are comperable let alone better in the store. Which leads people to believe they are no longer in production or available anymore. An update on the status of the DOM GT line would be nice since it seems to be semi defunct in producing anything worthy on the 6GB kit side anyway.

There was such a big stink about the 2250mhz modules yet I don't even see those anymore. So the question remains what did we pay $400+ for?

Yea the warranty terms state they will replace it or if discontinued or obsolete they will go with a newer version or upgrade. That still isn't any kind of information for the end user on what kind of outcome they will be looking at during RMA.

Honestly how are we to return it to the store we purchased it at if they don't take things back after a certain time frame? Not to mention I purchased these after the recall to begin with so the retailer didn't follow Corsair's request to have them returned. On top of that I don't even know if I can find that receipt anymore let alone it being legible. So what happens at that point if Corsair isn't willing to offer a reasonable sub par replacement for these chips and the receipt is no where to be found or unledgible? That mean I'm stuck with these 2/3 working chips?

I've had nothing but bad luck with this build since day one, now I'm getting toward the end of actually finishing it and I'm having problems with retailers left and right now. Its getting old. I still haven't heard anything on the RMA which is why I'm concerned on what I may be looking at once I am contacted. I understand it was submitted over the weekend which is fine. I don't expect companies to work on the weekend, but it would be nice to have an updated listing of what we may exchange our ram for or if there are new Elphida chips that are being put on our old ram or whats going on. For those of us that are just now having problems with the recalled ram.

Last edited by scgt1; 08-31-2010 at 02:12 AM.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:22 AM
Banned

POST ID # = 464178

Quote:
Yea the warranty terms state they will replace it or if discontinued or obsolete they will go with a newer version or upgrade. That still isn't any kind of information for the end user on what kind of outcome they will be looking at during RMA.
Each RMA is handled on an individual basis. You don't need a receipt. If you have not had a return email by the end of business tomorrow, please post your case number here.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:48 AM
scgt1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 464184

Quote:
Each RMA is handled on an individual basis. You don't need a receipt. If you have not had a return email by the end of business tomorrow, please post your case number here.
for rma no, but if I want a refund it states I do. Of course we only get to that point if I feel I'm not being offered product that is a respectable replacement though. Then at that point I'm screwed possibly if the receipt is mia or not legible.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:11 AM
Banned

POST ID # = 464186

Please follow through with the RMA procedure.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:46 AM
scgt1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 464202

Quote:
Please follow through with the RMA procedure.
Wow really?
Typical response out of a corporate representative.

I believe I have mentioned that I've already filed a claim. Yet the one business day response isn't in effect here as this is day two. Still nothing further.

All I'm asking here was for information on what current owners may be offered as a replacement. I didn't ask to be shooed off and ignored. Although I would have expected that from a corporate company anyway.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:32 AM
Banned

POST ID # = 464218

Quote:
Wow really?
Typical response out of a corporate representative.

I believe I have mentioned that I've already filed a claim. Yet the one business day response isn't in effect here as this is day two. Still nothing further.

All I'm asking here was for information on what current owners may be offered as a replacement. I didn't ask to be shooed off and ignored. Although I would have expected that from a corporate company anyway.
My point is, no decisions can be made until you complete the RMA process. The information you want will come via the RMA process and most of your posts in this thread are simply speculation until that point. I realize you are concerned and we will do our best to make you a satisfied customer. No one is ignoring you here.