Corsair Community

Corsair XMS2 CM2X1024-6400C4

Ioryn

The memory isn't running at the settings advertised.

I'd like to know how to set it to the correct settings. It's currently running at 5-5-5-18 whereas it should be at 4-4-4-12. Also Everest is telling me it's running at 400MHz (or is that normal?).

If someone could help me by telling me what exactly I need to change (I use a Gigabyte P35C DS3R) I'd appreciate it. I'm also being told that these modules need a higher voltage - I need more information on that.

Thanks in advance :)

Next time, please check the FAQ forum first :)

XMS Qualification and Testing thread

FYI, 400 Mhz is correct. Where you're checking the timings in Everest, does it say SPD above it?

Testing parameters for Twinx/XMS2-6400C4:

Twin2x2048-6400C4 Data Sheet

Motherboard make and model: Asus P5WD2 or M2N32-SLI Premium/Deluxe

Each pair is tested and packaged together using the following settings:

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU External Frequency: Manually set to 200MHz

DDR2 SDRAM Clock: Manually set to 800MHz

PCI Express Freq: Auto

PCI Freq: 33.33

Performance Mode: Standard

DRAM Timing Selectable: Manual

SDRAM CAS Latency: 4T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 4T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 12T

SDRAM Write Recovery Time: 5

Write to Precharge Delay: 15 (If it's Listed)

Command Rate: 2T

DDR2 SDRAM Voltage: 2.1

Advanced voltage control

CPU Vcore offset:_Disabled

DDR2 Termination: 0.5x

CPU to NB HT:____1.200V

NB to SB HT:_____AUTO

NB Core/PCI-E:___AUTO

SB Core/PCI-E:___AUTO

SB Standby core:_+1.500V

Output driver control

CKE:______AUTO

CS/ODT:__1.00X

ADD/CMD:_1.00X

MEMCLK:__1.00X

Chipset Core Voltage: Auto

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

Maximum DDR2 recommended VDIMM: 2.1 Volts

• Corsair Employee
He just posted the tested settings, if you want someone to translate it to your specific MB I would suggest contacting the MB maker they will know their BIOS better than any one else. But it should be straight forward.

The settings in brackets () are pretty much universal terms, so I'd look for those settings first. The most important settings are:

CAS Latency (tCL): 4

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4

Row Precharge (tRP): 4

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 12

Memory Voltage: 2.10 Volts (Warrantied up to, but not over, 2.10 volts)

Ok... I have another problem. Although I think this relates more to my motherboard than anything - maybe someone will be able to advise me.

Without increasing the voltage of my RAM, Everest Ultimate and SpeedFan reads the voltage as 1.87. If I change the RAM voltage to +3 it then reads as 2.05. So, in order to get a reading of 2.1 I need to set it to +4 (which makes it around 2.11). However, this worries me because I don't know if the reading is accurate, and as you can see the increases don't add up.

This seems to be a common problem with the Gigabyte P35C DS3R - could someone advise me on how to solve this problem? There have been people reporting that the motherboard has been overvolting their memory by default (even without making changes to the voltages). This has led to memory becoming dysfunctional.

Any help is much appreciated

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately my motherboards BIOS does not show what voltage the memory is running at. There has been discussions in other forums as to what is the actual default voltage the motherboard uses... but there seems to be no solution to this problem...

I have three options...

1) ASSUME the default voltage my memory runs memory at is 1.8 and add +3 to that and ignore the readings by SpeedFan and Everest which says it's at 2.05.

2) Crank up the voltage to +4 which Everest and SpeedFan read as 2.11 and risk over volting my RAM (if that reading is incorrect).

3) Don't bother, just run the RAM at it's stock settings - which means I'm losing out.

So I'm stuck to as what to do.. I don't want to unintentionally fry my RAM, which wont be under warrenty if it's over the 2.1 voltage.

There must be some easy way of reading what voltage my memory is running at - surely.

• 4 weeks later...
Have the TWIN2X1024-6400C4 pair of memory running with the Asus P5DW2-Deluxe Motherboard and I am experiencing some issues. Everytime I do anything CPU intensive, the system shuts down cold. I first noticed it while rendering video. I went in to the BIOS and changed the settings to what was recommended on this site and I am still having issues. The problem persists in both XP and Vista. Recently, I tried running the Vista Experience perfomance test and everytime it gets to the CPU test, the system shuts down. Other than that, as long as I am not doing anything that pegs the CPU, the system is stable. Any ideas? I am about to scrap the motherboard and get a new mb and cpu but I am hoping there may be something I haven't tried. Thanks in advance!

Archived