The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2019, 12:08 PM

POST ID # = 1012224
cwaters425 Reputation: 10
Default RGB help, i cannot figure this out

I have a Corsair 680x case, corsair h100i SE RGB cooler, 4 corsair LED strips and 8 corsair ll 120 fans. I cannot picture how I'm going to get this to work, maybe i have bit off more than i can chew, so I'm looking for some help. All of my parts came in and i want to start my build this week sometime. I will have 3 corsair ll 120's in the front of the case (replaced the black ones with all white), I will have a corsair h100i SE RGB in the top (with 2 ll 120 fans on it), a ll 120 fan in the rear and 2 ll 120 fans on the bottom. Is anyone willing to make a diagram on how i can get all of this hooked up and what else i will need. Would be willing to paypal someone for your time of making a visual diagram to help me with this. thanks!

-Chris
Old 07-23-2019, 12:34 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012227
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Assuming that the 8 LL fans includes the 2 with the SE cooler ...
1 Lighting Node Pro/Commander Pro => 1 Fan Hub with 6 Fans + 4 Strips.
H100 SE cooler => 2 LL Fans (it has an RGB controller).

Fan speed control for the fans connected to the cooler would be by the cooler. The others would need to be connected to the motherboard or you'd need a Commander Pro.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 07-23-2019, 12:43 PM

POST ID # = 1012228

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Assuming that the 8 LL fans includes the 2 with the SE cooler ...
1 Lighting Node Pro/Commander Pro => 1 Fan Hub with 6 Fans + 4 Strips.
H100 SE cooler => 2 LL Fans (it has an RGB controller).

Fan speed control for the fans connected to the cooler would be by the cooler. The others would need to be connected to the motherboard or you'd need a Commander Pro.
yes 8 is total (3 front, 1 rear, 2 bottom and 2 on the h100i) and yes i also purchased the commander pro
Old 07-23-2019, 03:42 PM
noperative's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012245
noperative Reputation: 10

I have the h150I which I replaced the stock fans with LL 120's. I have 9 LL 120's in total.

3 Fans on the AIO are connected to the fan headers on the AIO.

3 RGB headers for the fans on the AIO are plugged into RGB lighting hub.

3 RGB headers for bottom fans are plugged into the same lighting hub as AIO rgb headers. For a total of 6 plugged into that lighting hub. This lighting hub is plugged into channel 1 on the commander pro.

3 Side fans are plugged into another lighting hub plugged into commander pro on channel 2.

The 3 bottom fans and 3 side fans are plugged into the commander pro fan headers to which controls fan speed of those 6.

The commander pro is plugged into usb header on motherboard. AIO pump is plugged into AIO header on motherboard, usb on the AIO pump is plugged into usb header on the commander pro.

I too was totally confused about how I was going to hook it all up....I hooked it up like this and it worked the first time, no problems. Not sure if this helps clarify anything or not.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:17 PM

POST ID # = 1012248

Quote:
Originally Posted by noperative View Post
I have the h150I which I replaced the stock fans with LL 120's. I have 9 LL 120's in total.

3 Fans on the AIO are connected to the fan headers on the AIO.

3 RGB headers for the fans on the AIO are plugged into RGB lighting hub.

3 RGB headers for bottom fans are plugged into the same lighting hub as AIO rgb headers. For a total of 6 plugged into that lighting hub. This lighting hub is plugged into channel 1 on the commander pro.

3 Side fans are plugged into another lighting hub plugged into commander pro on channel 2.

The 3 bottom fans and 3 side fans are plugged into the commander pro fan headers to which controls fan speed of those 6.

The commander pro is plugged into usb header on motherboard. AIO pump is plugged into AIO header on motherboard, usb on the AIO pump is plugged into usb header on the commander pro.

I too was totally confused about how I was going to hook it all up....I hooked it up like this and it worked the first time, no problems. Not sure if this helps clarify anything or not.
thanks you. maybe this will all make more sense once i get everything out of the box and layed out. trying to think about how this will all come together isn't making sense. maybe once i see it it will click
Old 07-23-2019, 05:39 PM
noperative's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012261
noperative Reputation: 10

Yeah, where I have one more fan than you do you can plug in an LED strip there plus you would have 3 empty lighting node spots available, though I think you can chain the LED strips...I dnt have any experience with the strips but its not too hard once you get it all out and start looking at it. Not as hard as I thought anyway.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:16 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012270
DevBiker Reputation: 88

You can chain the strips. You connect them to the Lighting Node Pro/Commander Pro and then daisy chain them together.

And yes, once you see things, I think it'll click.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Tags
680x, commander pro, h100i se rgb, ll 120