The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2018, 11:33 PM
klatoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964462
klatoo Reputation: 10
Default Uninstall ST100

Anyone know how to completely uninstall an ST100 from computer and registry as well? Here's my issue:

After installing iCUE, I can no longer use the USB ports on my ST with my VOID PRO USB...I get no audio period if they are plugged in. If I plug them into another USB port and disable the audio in sound mixer, my headset's work and I can use my K70 keyboard's volume wheel. If I enable the audio, K70 volume wheel will "turn it up/down" on the little bar graph but will not adjust it in sound mixer, and my headphones will not work no matter where they are plugged in.

Corsair CS wants to replace, will not offer instructions on complete removal. I uninstalled via device manager, unplugged the ST, rebooted, and in device manager under USB devices it's data is still there. I think it's in the registry somewhere. Did a "find" for "ST100" and deleted it in 2 places (all files, think there was 15 between the 2), restart, ST100 still there in device manager.

Corsair CS wants me to plug in and "force an update"

Any advice will be appreciated

Old 07-20-2018, 12:12 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964465
DevBiker Reputation: 88

As far as I can tell, the ST100 sets up 5 devices in Device Manager. Unfortunately, most are listed as "USB Input Device" or something equally non-descriptive.
Again, as far as I can tell, the following Device Instance Paths are all associated with the ST100:

USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0A32&MI_00\7&275FE611&0&0000
USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0A32\V0.6
USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0A32&MI_03\7&275FE611&0&0003
USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0A34\33700110C7940EAF8C704759461900F5
USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0A36\MSFT20V5.0

If you can find and delete those, you should be good. I'd start with finding them in Device manager or using USBDeView from nirsoft.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 07-20-2018, 02:20 AM
klatoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964477
klatoo Reputation: 10

I was writing this post from work so of course I completely forgot about USBDeView. Can you uninstall or delete from inside that application? I can’t remember?

Thanks for the reply

Tags
st100