Corsair Community

Thunderbolt 3 Dock and the Corsair One?

AMIGrAve

I've got a Thunderbolt 3 dock (OWC OWCTB3DK13PSL) that I use with my laptop. On this dock I plug my monitor, my mouse, keyboard, s/pdif sound and ethernet cable.

I'd like to know if I can plug a thunderbolt 3 dock on the Corsair One?

that dock is compatible with MAC ONLY.

No it's not. I'm currently using it on my Lenovo Thinkpad X1C5 under windows 10.

So let me reformulate. If I plug any thunderbolt 3 dock (working on a windows 10 laptop with usbc thunderbolt 3) into the Corsair One Elite, will it work ?

If true, should every device plugged on the dock (as mentioned before) work ?

Thanks in advance for your response.

• Corsair Employee
No it's not. I'm currently using it on my Lenovo Thinkpad X1C5 under windows 10.

So let me reformulate. If I plug any thunderbolt 3 dock (working on a windows 10 laptop with usbc thunderbolt 3) into the Corsair One Elite, will it work ?

If true, should every device plugged on the dock (as mentioned before) work ?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Strange, the specifications on the product page says otherwise.

In any case, I'm afraid it won’t work because the USB-C on the CORSAIR ONE is not meant for display connectivity. It’s not a thunderbolt display port albeit it has the same shape.

Strange, the specifications on the product page says otherwise.

In any case, I'm afraid it won’t work because the USB-C on the CORSAIR ONE is not meant for display connectivity. It’s not a thunderbolt display port albeit it has the same shape.

That's what I though.

Do you think that the other devices than the monitor could work ? (eg: keyboard, mouse, ethernet, sound)

I wouldn't mind plugging the monitor directly to the Desktop additionally to my laptop, but I'd like to "share" the rest and plug the usbc cable from one machine to another depending on which one I'll be using.

That would be great if someone at corsair could test a thunderbolt 3 hub on the Corsair with lower bandwitdh devices such as kayboard/mouse, ethernet and sound.

• Corsair Employee
That's what I though.

Do you think that the other devices than the monitor could work ? (eg: keyboard, mouse, ethernet, sound)

I wouldn't mind plugging the monitor directly to the Desktop additionally to my laptop, but I'd like to "share" the rest and plug the usbc cable from one machine to another depending on which one I'll be using.

That would be great if someone at corsair could test a thunderbolt 3 hub on the Corsair with lower bandwitdh devices such as kayboard/mouse, ethernet and sound.

A normal USB Type-C hub would work. Thunderbolt 3 would definitely not since the USB Type-C port on the CORSAIR ONE does not support any kind of Thunderbolt connectivity.

Archived