Corsair Community

H115i Platinum: USB reconnect every now and then, lighting goes crazy

momorious

Mine did the exact thing. Latest firmware and iCUE.

Disconnect sound then there was a disco in my case. This could happen for 10 minutes or more at a time, disconnecting and reconnecting over and over.

To add insult to injury the pump decided to become faulty. I hope the replacement doesn't have these issues.

It's not even 2 months old. Also, I don't have a spare cooler while I ship it out. I'm a bit choked.

If you want to hear the pump. I didn't record the disconnect issue.

https://support.corsair.com/ci/fattach/get/349649/1550083226/filename/New+Recording+5.m4a

I wouldn't be surprised if the frequent disconnects/reconnects which shortly stop the pump and start it up again caused the pump to become faulty. Corsair really needs to fix this.

In the meantime, use this workaround to keep the reconnects/disconnects away if you can.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I have the exact same issue, but i can reproduce it at will:

I have set my RGB in Corsair to the standard predefined "Rainbow arc"

And set the Hardware lightning to pitch black (so that it looks OFF)

When i launch Ace Combat 7, and get the game screen flying my craft, i instantly ear the common usb sound, and my H115i platinum turns to black, meaning that something gone wrong with the software.

Exiting the game, double-click on the icue software, and it says "No corsair hardware found".

It's reproductible 100% of the time : Ace Combat 7 makes the corsair driver going crazy.

Someone said it could be linked to the fact that AC7 tries to enumerate through USB peripherals and thinks that the corsair one is a joystick, making it crash.

EDIT:

More investigations.

If i quit the ICue application using right on iCue's icon -> Exit, i'm going to hardware mode (wich is normal) and i got pitch black lightining, as i've set it up that way.

Now if i launch AC7, no more USB Disconnect sound, i can play all i want and exit the game.

Then i can launch iCue again, and the Corsair is detected, the RGB goes on again, and the temp/pump/fan speeds are updating.

This time, i don't exit ICue (still in tray), and launch Ace Combat 7.

As soon as i enter the actual game (aircraft flying), instant USB disconnected sound, no more Corsair Lightning.

If i exit the game, ICue still sees my H115i, but all values are frozen (pump, fan speed and temp) meaning that the USB communication is broken

If i click "Restart ICue service", it tells me that i don't have any corsair hardware.

So that's is:

When ICue is running, it seems that it can receive commands, and AC7 sends something that make the Corsair USB driver crash.

Corsair, could you investigate this and make your USB Driver stop crashing when getting commands it does not understand ?

Thanks ;)

Edited by dricks2222

Has corsair even admitted this yet?

Yes, they have and they are actively investigating it. It does seem to be limited to certain chipsets/USB connections.

Note that if it's a firmware issue, that's something that they have limited control over; firmware has to come from the OEM.

In the meantime, setting to static lighting does seem to reduce, if not eliminate, the disconnects. Certainly, it has on my machine.

Yes, they have and they are actively investigating it. It does seem to be limited to certain chipsets/USB connections.

Note that if it's a firmware issue, that's something that they have limited control over; firmware has to come from the OEM.

In the meantime, setting to static lighting does seem to reduce, if not eliminate, the disconnects. Certainly, it has on my machine.

Wow. If this is an issue which is firmware related they HAVE TO fix it by their own as its their own firmware.

They should have never released the platinum coolers in the first place if it's a bios issue or something else. This issue is not acceptable at all and needs a fix asap, no matter who is responsible for it.

Exact same problem affecting the RGB case lighting of my new Corsair One i140 system (it has custom H115i platinum AIOs according to device manager).

If I apply a rainbow cycling effect, I get immediately frequent but intermittent USB disconnect/connect sounds, but as soon as I set to a static lighting effect, the sounds stop and everything appear normal.

Problem also disappears if I keep the rainbow effect but exit iCUE.

I do have Steam in background, haven't checked yet to see if it's related.

Funny it affects the AIOs in Corsair's own pre-built PCs.... Awkward!! How can this software pass even the simplest of QA ??

I just bought the H115i Platinum yesterday and I also noticed the constant disconnecting. I changed the RGB settings to static colors which stops the disconnecting. I hope Corsair fixes this soon.

We all hope this now for already 4 months...........

Solution is to use static lighting (so no Arc, Spiral etc). That solves the USB disconnects but completely ruins the sense of this pump. We can only hope that Corsair can fix it sometime... But I don't have much hope as it already took them 4 months now and they are nearly completely silent about this major issue, like they want to keep this issue quiet and hope that everyone will buy the next cooler they bring to the market...

I am really considering to ask my lawyer to sue Corsair because of this issue...

It affects ALL Platinum coolers which were made by CoolIT.

Ok... thats dissapointing.

Now to figure out if people who have the same board as I am planning to order have the issue...

Just wondering, anyone on here with a Aorus z390 Ultra having this issue with a platinum cooler?

Hello possessor of a h115i av I meet the same concern I do not profit so to bring up this post because the use Corsair only giving a solution patch for an AIO has 150 euros I find this astounding. For 4 months the problem is the and not a single info on the advanced of the problem I find this coming from your brand (reputed) not at all serious and not at all professional. Know that I take care of the side of the online merchant to have dropped your notes and if things do not advance faster I would direct myself to consumer associations to see what remedy I might have against your company. Well cordially

PS sorry for the English approximate I am a French client not speaking well English

New to the H115i here, having the same connect/disconnect issues than you guys as stated in a recent post. Curious to know what solution you opted for ? Disabling lighting on H115i through iCue ?
I just use the workaround in my signature and when I absolutely have iCue running, I set the H115i to a static color or 1 color effect which greatly reduces the disconnects. But usually I just run iCue to set up my pump and fan profiles and Hardware RGB settings, then leave iCue off.

Ok... thats dissapointing.

Now to figure out if people who have the same board as I am planning to order have the issue...

Just wondering, anyone on here with a Aorus z390 Ultra having this issue with a platinum cooler?

I have a z390 MASTER and the 115 platinum cooler. I had thought the restart problem was an issue of rgb fusion and stopped using it entirely. Looks like it was actually the corsair side causing the problem. Or maybe both.