Corsair Community

Corsair HS1 left turns into right and massive pop when frapsing.

hamzta

So I have had this Corsair HS1 headset for about 3 weeks now and it has been pretty good when it comes to sound quality and all.

But the issues I have are below.

#1: Randomly the sounds seem to believe that left equals right and right equals left, meaning sounds that appear on the left in a movie or a game appear in the right cup. And it gets temporarily fixed by switching between Stereo and 7.1 or whichever mode you were using.

But after a while it gets back to being misplaced again.

And it renders me unable to use this headset, its really really really annoying and ruins gameplay and enjoyment for movies. If a guy appears talking on the left, you hear it from the right, its so misplaced. And sometimes even sounds from the front appear as behind, and behind appears as front.

I have reinstalled the so-called driver and have had no difference, I have also tried uninstalling my motherboards own sound (Realtek) but no luck, but without that I cannot record sounds using fraps.

I also reformatted the PC once, no luck either and wont really try that again.

#2: Massive pop/crackle when using this headset together with fraps recording. There is no crackle or pops in the raw video file recorded though.

#3: Is there no way to be able to change the volume of the headset and Windows individually? Like on a normal 3.5mm Headset?

Its really loud at default and already hits painful noiselevels at only 15/100 Windows volume level.

#4: Balance seem to go +/- 1 on left or right while below 16 in vol level.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The audio switching left to right i think is due to the c-media software, i have a HT Omega Claro+ (uses same software) that does the same thing while playing TF2. I will load into game and notice left and right audio is switched at random.

When it happens try messing with the Effects tab, change the EQ to like soft rock then back to what you used before, also turn on one of the Environment settings and then back off. Wouldn't hurt to disable/enable 7.1 virtual sound too.

The HS1 has it's own software, and is usb and c-media shouldn't have any effect on it.

I have no idea what c-media is but the fixes he mentioned works. But I want a permanent fix, and in some games you cant alt-tab out, like Black Ops.

This being an official forum and all, its pretty dead for an official, even unofficial forums got more activity.

Anyhow, no solution to the left/right swapping?

Happens no matter which output mode you select, Stereo, 4.0, 5.1 or 7.1.

And it pisses me off cause you CANT RMA it because its a Software problem not hardware..

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/6509/ohhcorsair.jpg

The image says it all.

Just started to bug out completely on me, and I tried reinstalling the software, three times, but nothing changed.

The system clearly tells me the headset is plugged in and working fine, yet the software tells me it isnt plugged in.

And I clearly hear sound from windows while clicking folders or doing other things, but I cant get any sound from anything else. And its now behaving as if it was a normal 3.5mm stereo headset meaning the sounds are as if the sources are standing next to your head and not virtual or anything. Meaning my other headset which is a 20$ headset work better right now which is a shame.

Oh and when I start winamp for example, no sound will play, the LED on the vol control will rapidly flash red/blue or just flash in blue.

you may want to try anyway to disable it.

As stated. I have before.

And that is NOT the issue, and how else would one Record WhatUHear/StereoMix when there is no such thing WITHOUT the Onboard sound?

"I have also tried uninstalling my motherboards own sound (Realtek) but no luck"

This crap seems to be related to the "Virtual" and "Dolby" things in the Corsairs Control panel.

Oh and I cant use ANY communication software WHILE playing a game without the left & right switching sides.

This means: Skype, Mumble, Teamspeak, Ventrilo and even Steams Voice chat.

Plus people can barely hear me, and there is a buzzing type noise in the background.

And there is no possibility to RMA something that is related to software, or is there?

And no Im not RMA'ing through your procedure and paying money for it.

I think the best thing at this point is an RMA. Use the link on the left side of this page and we'll send you a new headset ASAP. If the problem persists, we'll be glad to help out again at that point.

An RMA will not fix it.

And no Im not RMA'ing through your procedure and paying money for it.

And FYI my location isnt US.

And an RMA through your thing would be 30 euros which is pretty much half of what the headset cost here in Sweden.

No one said anything about RMAing it to the US. You can return it to your retailer or RMA with us via our EU hub.

Yours is the only case I have seen of this issue. I believe you simply have a defective headset which needs to be replaced.

Then stop sending out the flyers with the copies when it does not apply to all countries.

And I dont see how its the headset when its the software that is at fault, and I have found others with similar problems, and pretty much 90% got the balance issue when below 20/100 volume. And if anyone uses more than 25/100 that person got to have quite the bad hearing. Cause its exremely loud.

Perhaps not everyone NOTICES it but Im sure alot have it.

I also find it hilarious how it seems youve abandoned the software support i.e. drivers for this headset.

Or did you -ever- release a driver for this headset?

What flyer are you talking about?

Yes, a driver was on the CD that came with the headset and can also be found on the left sidebar.

Why are you here when you dont know what Im talking about?

The flyer that comes with EVERY copy on the planet that states: DO NOT CONTACT THE RETAILER!

I wouldnt call the CD that came when the headset was released a driver, its just the vanilla software. A driver is what I call something you download and isnt in vanilla anymore, meaning, updated.

You know, things with soundcards, graphics cards, anything really, gets driver updates, this headset has recieved: Nothing.

Archived