Corsair Community

Vengeance LED RAM uncontrollable

Kevin M

I am having an issue with the Corsair Link only controlling one of the DIMM's LEDs and the other stays in a permanent breathing mode that won't sync up with the other no matter what I have tried. Any tips or advice on how to either get them in sync or get them to stay static?

Mobo is a MSI Gaming M5 Z170 with an i5 6600K and the RAM is the Verngeance LED 3000MHz Model CMU16GX4M2C3000C15R.

Thank you.

Hi, just jumping in to say i have the same issue as op.

MSI z170

2 8gb Vengeance white ram (CMU16GX4M2C3200C16)

i5 6500k

Corsair link Version 4.3.0.154

Win 10 64bit

Only the 1st stick displays in link and this works fine.

Other stick detected by system but not by Corsair Link.

As the main reason for buying this is the aesthetics and given Corsairs reputation, software bugs like this are not acceptable.

given Corsairs reputation, software bugs like this are not acceptable.

I feel that given Corsairs reputation software bugs are expected :(:, once you have been around for longer and looked at all the bug reports that have not been addressed after over two years you will realise this :nodding:.

The DIMM SPD and LEDs are different slave devices so the DIMMs being detected is no guarantee the LEDs will be, in fact on X99 systems they are not unless you change the IMC SMBus clocks which makes me suspect they messed up the hardware design and used an SMBus LED controller chip that can only work at up to 100 rather than 400KHz.

They seem to be rather incompetent, only controlling one of the two DIMM LEDs is pathetic and they need a :asskick:.

To control the LEDs all you need to do is write a couple of bytes to an SMBus slave device and I could do better myself, in fact I did :bigeyes:.

BTW you should add your PC specs to your profile rather than post them as specified in the Forum Rules. I also encourage you to specify the W10 build number as the three W10 releases are rather different.

attachment.php?attachmentid=27508&stc=1&d=1485697192

938639248_TheDIMMSPDandLEDsaredifferentslavedevices.png.17d36fbdede9c1846f93308a9771de06.png

Archived