The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2016, 10:22 PM

POST ID # = 848347
Wes Reputation: 10
Default Corsair Void USB Hardware Mute unresponsive on console

The headset hardware mutes itself automatically when I plug it into my console(PS4) or my PC. The mute button on the headset itself works fine on the PC, but on the PS4 I can't get it to headset mute turned off. The mic works until the initializing sound plays, then it's gone. Nothing I try in the PS4 settings does anything, and there isn't a "disable hardware auto-mute" button in the CUE as far as I know. Any suggestions are appreciated. It was working up until a few weeks ago, if that helps at all. The headset firmware is fully updated.

Tl;Dr: Mic started auto-muting on PS4 and PC, hardware mute button on headset works on PC but not on PS4, firmware is fully updated.

Last edited by Wes; 04-20-2016 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Adding a time frame, Summarizing

Old 04-23-2016, 07:56 AM

POST ID # = 848659
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

It might be best to contact technical support and see whether the microphone automatically muting upon plugging in is normal or not.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

Old 04-23-2016, 02:28 PM

POST ID # = 848699
Wes Reputation: 10

Well, it stopped doing what it was doing and works now Not quite sure what happened or what I did, but if it happens again I'm not worried because it'll fix itself eventually.

Old 09-25-2016, 06:04 PM

POST ID # = 873043
Okka Reputation: 10

Sorry to bump an old thread, but has anyone found a reliable solution to this? I'm having this exact same issue and it's infuriating. When plugging the headset into my ps4 it works perfectly fine until the startup sound plays, then the microphone auto mutes itself and I'm unable to unmute it since the ps4 doesn't support the built in button. I'm using the Void RGB usb (model # CA-9011139-NA) if that helps at all.

Edit: I managed to solve it by plugging the headset into my computer and holding the mute button until the mic defaulted to active when first plugged in, then it started working on my ps4.

Last edited by Okka; 09-26-2016 at 08:15 PM.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:05 PM

POST ID # = 889099
Ps4voiduser Reputation: 10

Just registered to these forums to confirm corsair void rgb usb mic can be fixed for ps4 this way. I had the same problem where the mic was detected but would be auto muted. Since the mute button doesn't function well with ps4 I just plugged into pc tapped the button to uute the mic then held it down a few seconds till it blinked a few times. Worked immediately upon plugging back into ps4

Old 12-28-2017, 04:05 PM

POST ID # = 932708
Williewokaa Reputation: 10

to fix this I had to unplug my headset from the ps4 and plug them back into my pc then go onto skype and unmute my headphones, then plug them back into the ps4 and they worked

Tags
microphone, void ps4, void usb