Corsair Community

GPU Riser Cable?

creed0330

I have a Corsair 680X case and just ordered the Hydro X. Considering mounting my GPU vertically, what is a good riser cable? Some that I have seen seem like they would be too long. Looking for recommendations, thanks in advance.

hey buddy

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Premium-PCIe-3-0-x16-Extension-Cable-300mm/p/CC-8900419

that will fit fine. given the room you have between the Mobo and the vertical slots you would be fine with 300mm.

using one my self and can only report good things.. not same case but same sort of space

On my former 680x, I started with a 30cm riser, and ended up swapping it for a 20cm. 30 was a tad too long.

20 still has a comfortable slack, but tidier

Either are fine anyway.

Better long then short, I ordered mine, put it in yesterday and is about 30cm too short.... thought it would be close, 1000D is a big case lol... plugged into the second pci E for now hope not to see a dif in graphics if I do Ill order the longer one

Better long then short, I ordered mine, put it in yesterday and is about 30cm too short.... thought it would be close, 1000D is a big case lol... plugged into the second pci E for now hope not to see a dif in graphics if I do Ill order the longer one

Yea but the 680X is not that big :p

I bet even a 15cm one could fit there. 30 is plenty big already