Corsair Community

Hydro X for AM3+

amusa

I can't find anything Hydro X water blocks for my AM3+ boards. I'm trying to do custom water cooling on my 5+ year setup and keep it compatible to icue.

I'm already running a H100iGTX on my set up and it's compatible to Icue (I was shocked to see it work on changing colors). Is it possible to modified the H100iGTX and change out the hose to hard clear tubing and swap out the radiator for a larger one? Since I can't find a replacement Corsair waterblocks for AM3+. I know EKWB make one for my set up but the RGB won't be compatible with Icue.

I can't find anything Hydro X water blocks for my AM3+ boards. I'm trying to do custom water cooling on my 5+ year setup and keep it compatible to icue.

I'm already running a H100iGTX on my set up and it's compatible to Icue (I was shocked to see it work on changing colors). Is it possible to modified the H100iGTX and change out the hose to hard clear tubing and swap out the radiator for a larger one? Since I can't find a replacement Corsair waterblocks for AM3+. I know EKWB make one for my set up but the RGB won't be compatible with Icue.

Don't bother wasting effort modifying a Corsair AIO attempting to convert it into a custom loop; this is a folly.

1. The cost benefit just isn't there once you factor in the new larger radiator, fittings and tubing.
  2. The CPU block of your H100i GTX isn't compatible with hard line fittings - no G1/4" ports.
  3. I'm unsure how powerful/weak the pump in the H100i GTX block is so depending on how much resistance a new radiator and tubing/fittings cause, the flow rate may be less than optimal.

PS. I think you'll have difficulty finding an EK-Supremacy EVO AMD CPU block as they're marked EOL and no longer sold on the EKWB shopfront. I use an Alphacool Eisblock XPX CPU on my test bench that fits a wide range of sockets from AMD 939 up to AM4 as well as Intel 775 to 115x, 2066.

If you're intent in staying in the Corsair ecosystem and really want to do a hardline custom loop, consider scrapping the H100i GTX conversion idea altogether and peruse this list of parts:

• Corsair Hydro X pump/res,
  • New Corsair Hydro X radiator (because you wanted a bigger radiator),
  • Various Corsair hardline fittings (don't forget to include a drain port in your build),
  • Corsair hardline tubing,
  • Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora - Plexi Chrome Digital RGB (or other colour variant),
  • Coolant (Corsair or another suitable substitute fluid),
  • Corsair Commander Pro, and
  • Pirate Dog Tech "Corsair RGB to Aura/Mystic Light A-RGB Adapter".

Don't forget the tools needed to bend the tubing (unless you have money to burn and use angle fittings instead): a heatgun, a correct ID silicon insert, sandpaper and a fine-toothed hacksaw.

That was the game plan to go with Corsair where ever I can. I was more concern with the water block to work in Icue.

EKWB has one on there website that's for the AM3+. They have everything I need as well. I already priced it.