Corsair Community

iCUE and Asus GPU RGB lighting?

Blofeld2k

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, couldn't find it when I searched.

I am using the latest AURA and iCUE sw. I am using a "Asus GeForce GTX 1070 ROG Strix Gaming" GPU.

The MB shows up in iCUE.

Is it possible to get the GPU RGB into iCUE?

Brgds,

Carl

Darn. Hope it gets added.

Main use right now for iCue is the profiles, and ASUS never bothered implementing the ability to set profiles per app. You just get one "profile". :\

((Really wish the RGB companies would just open it up and let us mix 'n match components and have a centralized control software...I have G Hub, iCue, Aura. All so I can have a rig that doesn't look bland.))

Before I install and potentially lose settngs.

Do you know if JackNet would interfere with:

I'm using iCue to set my ASUS mobo's lighting theme depending on the game I'm playing.

In order to do this you need to install ASUS's AURA, but not have it running while iCue is.

So...since these various RGB Control programs don't like playing together, would installing JackNet's RGB Control software interfere with AURA. Thus breaking iCue's control over the mobo?

((Why can't I just have the Mother Crystal [as the GPU] against the pink color of FF14's logo text, while playing FF14. The deep blue of the Alliance while playing WoW. Or pumpkin orange for Division...

Why does it have to be so bloody complicated. Stupid corporations... ;-;))

EDIT:

Actually, upon reading, it looks like JackNet wouldn't do what I want either. Because iCue still wouldn't have the actual color I want to sync to the GPU; it would just sync the 'pink' which is across all of the mobo. :\

Edited by illutian

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The motherboard (ASUS ROGs) definitely show up in, works for me.

see this video how to set it up - [ame]

[/ame]

(CORSAIR iCUE enables advanced control over lighting and performance for our vast ecosystem of iCUE-enabled CORSAIR products. This ecosystem is now expanding to include 3rd party components, starting with ASUS Aura Sync-compatible motherboards.

Notes:

CORSAIR iCUE version 3.26 and ASUS Aura Sync Utility version 1.07.79 are required.

More information: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue-in...

ASUS Aura Sync Utility download: https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us...)

Also, Asus GPUs (I have a 2080 Super OC) at the moment are not supported by ICUE. You can't sync your GPU with ICUE products yet and the GPUs can't be controlled from ICUE either, possibly in the future.

NOTE: To control ASUS GPU you can use Amory Crate or ASUS Aura Sync. Asus Aura is advised not to be started when using ICUE so I now primarily use Armoury Crate Which is also a newer software and with armoury crate, you can install Aura Creator App from the Microsoft store which can be used to create your own custom layers and colours which is used for the effects in Armoury crate.

Hope this helps