Corsair Community

USB Disconnect/Connect Sounds with RGB Issues

scapiander

USB Disconnect/Connect Sounds with RGB Issues:

Build is below. I finished building this last week and have been having issues with sounds of USB reconnecting/connecting mainly while playing games (WoW). I have a total of 8 fans (LL120's). 2 are attached to my AIO's radiator, and the other 6 are just in the case. I have the whole setup using a Commander Pro with 2 Corsair RGB fan hubs. I use iCUE to get everything lit up. I use Aura Sync software only for the MOBO's RGB.

These are things that happen when the dc/rc sound starts:

The RGB on the Asus x570 go blank, and then go into rainbow mode, and i lose my previous settings

My 6 fans connected to my Commander Pro for RGB, go blank, and then return to their normal white color

Sometimes only the MOBO's RGB goes on/off and the fans stay the same

What is going on? I feel like my 850W PSU is more than enough to power my new rig. Nothing affects my performance. No FPS stutter, no nothing. Just the RGB goes off and on in sync with the USB sounds. I have 2 USB 3.0 header's on my MOBO. One is attached to my AIO and the other is the commander pro. Is one header taking on commander pro, 6 fans and their respective RGB too much? I have considered maybe using the NZXT internal hub to split up some of the work between the 2 USB headers on my motherboard. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($89.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC WHITE Video Card

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case

Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've had reports that the hub helps in some of these cases. I cannot explain why that is - just relaying that info.

The thing that strikes me as odd here is that the RGB on the x570 motherboard also goes blank when this happens. This wouldn't be related to iCUE or the Corsair hardware and would seem to point to something entirely different from what we've typically seen around here. Can you confirm that I'm reading this correctly?

And yes, your PSU should be plenty and Seasonic is a good manufacturer so I really doubt that has anything to do with it.

We've had reports that the hub helps in some of these cases. I cannot explain why that is - just relaying that info.

The thing that strikes me as odd here is that the RGB on the x570 motherboard also goes blank when this happens. This wouldn't be related to iCUE or the Corsair hardware and would seem to point to something entirely different from what we've typically seen around here. Can you confirm that I'm reading this correctly?

And yes, your PSU should be plenty and Seasonic is a good manufacturer so I really doubt that has anything to do with it.

any help? i've resolve the motherboard RGB issues, but now my vengance pro ram is messing up. the computer goes disconnect/connect and the RGB stays red...

Got similar setup as OP. Same MoBo, Memory and Case and 3800x + 2080 Super, but with less wattage at 750 W.

Commander Pro Setup:

-7 fans connected with the help of Commander pro (excluding 2 fans from cooler)

*5 x Corsair LL series RGB fan;

*1 x Lian Li bora Digital (pwm header connect with another Corsair LL fan to a fan hub which relay to the 6th fan port on the Commander Pro; RGB for Lian Li is controlled by an external controller)

-Have 3 separate sata cable connected to PSU, one dedicated to Commander Pro,

Some time can have 1 hours session without usb disconnection. Disconnection seems to happen more often in gaming than when idle. Also like OP, the motherboard lighting is also affected.

Ran a USB viewer log, log showed that the the disconnect occurs with Commander Pro USB port, Have tried uninstall HWinfo + configure USB power setting. Only shutting down iCue gets ride of disconnection. I will do some testing with internal USB hub to see if it helps.

Can confirm after one day of testing that internal USB hub solved the problem for me.

For anyone interested, I connect AIO to one of my mobo's USB 2.0 header and I used the other internal USB 2.0 header to connect my internal USB hub which in turn is linked to my Commander Pro. The internal hub used is NZXT Internal USB Hub.

Hope this will help someone with similar problem in the future.

Has anyone had any luck with this yet? I've been scouring the internet for a week and this is the only post I've been able to find that describes exactly the same issue I'm having.

I've got a very similar build to OP.

Asus Prime-X570 Pro

3700x

Seasonic Ultra 850

O11-Dynamic

Same exact symptoms.

I have 9 LL120 fans, and was using 2 Commander Pro units initially. With both connected (1 each to the on board USB headers) whenever I hear the device disconnect sound go off 1 set of fans/CP would drop RGB. USBDeview and USBLogview would both show the Commander Pro has gone offline and quickly comes back. At the same time another random device would always reset. Either the RGB headers on the motherboard including the RAM would turn off and reset or another USB attached device like my mouse or keyboard.

I pulled one of the Commander Pros out and am running 3 PWM splitters for 6 fans, and 3 fans on the on the other 3 headers. I have 2 RGB hubs connected to the RGB headers on the CP, and I took one of the LN Pro from the fan kits and connected it to the now free USB header on the board for some RGB light strips. In this setup, same exact results as before except now instead of the RGB headers being reset, my ST100 headset stand resets. iCue shows it quickly disconnects and reconnects.

So now I took a small USB cable, connected it to a port on the back of the IO and ran it into the case and connected the LN Pro to it. This stopped the ST100 from constantly resetting. Except the CP still disconnect and drop off. iCue would show it disappear and all the fans would drop RGB. Not the LN Pro though. I downgraded iCue to 3.18.77 per another recommendation on the Corsair subreddit and now it seems fine, except randomly I get the same disconnect sound. No RGB resets, no device reset but the sound constantly goes off. Looking in USBDeview there is no obvious device disconnected and I should note that this happens so fast I never hear the "device connected" sound, just the disconnect.

However, when I pull up device manager and look at the various "USB Input Device" there is something going on.

Bus reported device description - Commander PRO

Last arrival date - This will always match perfectly with the last time the disconnect sound went off.

Also, on either of the two CP I bought or the one I already owned the Asus Prime-X570 board will not recognize the 2 USB headers on the PRO. I've connected 3 different CP to each header and tried the LN Pro that comes with the LL120 kits and they get no power at all, they're not seen whatsoever with no BIOS setting or driver making any difference.

Exactly the same problem here, with a near identical build, the asus prime pro x570 seems to be the main similarly in the issues people are having with the commander pro disconnecting, here is another post with the problem https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1018974&posted=1#post1018974.

I suspect there are more of us with problem but haven't posted, or still trying to work out what is happening. If you have a commander pro disconnecting and restting the usb, usually with a windows notification sound I would urge you to post on these thresds so a support ticket can be sent to asus/ corsair about this compatibility issue with the commader pro and this specific mobo, if enough people post the issue it will prove a problem on their end and not as an isolated incident.

In the meantime if I find a work arounf I will post back

• 4 weeks later...
Exactly the same problem here, with a near identical build, the asus prime pro x570 seems to be the main similarly in the issues people are having with the commander pro disconnecting, here is another post with the problem https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1018974&posted=1#post1018974.

I suspect there are more of us with problem but haven't posted, or still trying to work out what is happening. If you have a commander pro disconnecting and restting the usb, usually with a windows notification sound I would urge you to post on these thresds so a support ticket can be sent to asus/ corsair about this compatibility issue with the commader pro and this specific mobo, if enough people post the issue it will prove a problem on their end and not as an isolated incident.

In the meantime if I find a work arounf I will post back

My first post here and almost identical setup! I kept hearing the discon sound and couldn't figure out what it was. My first pc build btw. but this time i had icue launched on my second screen and saw that the commander disappeared on me. pretty annoying. actually just happened as i was typing. and my fan lights turn off as well. (6 LL120)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Do not know if it is relevant, however the advice from another here to remove Aura Sync has solved my issue. No more lighting or ST100 resets.

Uninstalling Aura Sync seems to have worked for me.

Edit: Aura Sync uninstalled (but I didn't reboot my PC) and I ran into the problem again. I've since rebooted my PC and will see the disconnect/reconnect issue happens again. I'm considering getting the internal USB hub but I really don't have the space for yet another PSU cable for a molex connector. I'm considering getting the internal USB hub but I really don't have the space for yet another PSU cable for a molex connector.

Edit 2: The problem occurred again. Mobo RGB didn't flicker but my ML 120 fans did.

Edited by excel958

Seems definitely like the Asus PRIME X570-PRO mobo is the common issue here.

I bought one of these splitters on Amazon to see if this would help with the disconnects, but they are still happening. I might have to try the NZXT hub like others mentioned.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just built my computer a couple of weeks ago, and I have mixed feelings about seeing other people having the same issue. I'm glad that I am not the only one with problems, but I am disappointed in Corsair that this is still an issue with very little communication.

• 2 weeks later...

Same Problem here, my setup is:

Asus Prime X570 Pro

AMD Ryzen 9 3950x

2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3600

Corsair Commander Pro

Corsair Hydro Series H100i RGB Platinum SE (connected to the motherboard, if it is connected via Commander Pro it won't be recognized)

6x LL120 connected to Commander Pro and RGB Hub

2 Lighting Pro Strips connected to Commander Pro

Ordered an internal USB Card...will post results soon.

Same issues here.

Setup:

Asus Prime X570 Pro

Ryzen 9 3900X

4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro

Corsair H115i Plat (Replaced ML 140's with LL 140's)

Corsair RM850x PSU

Corsair RGB Strips

Corsair 680x Case. 3 LL120's on the front, 3 LL140's on bottom/rear. Power connected to Corsair Commander Pro. RGB is connected to a Corsair RGB fan hub.

When the H115i is plugged into the Commander Pro it is not recognized. Lighting Node Pro also Not recognized when plugged into CoPro.

ALL USB devices disconnecting at random intervals. This sucks especially while gaming because all control is lost for about 2 seconds.

I even have tried connecting CoPro, RGB Lighting Hub, and Lighting Node Pro power on 3 separate Sata power rails on the PSU in case something was drawing too much power and it still happens. As others have said this seems to be happening on ASUS boards and primarily the Prime Pro. I see hundreds of these posts and I can't tell if it's an ASUS issue or a Corsair issue. Or even what the exact issue is...

I really bought into this ecosystem and is the ONLY fix going to be buying a different motherboard brand like MSI or Gigabyte?

Issues indeed! Builded up new system and i am missing USB -connection frequently.. What to do?

Asus Prime x570-pro

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 Mhz 16 Gt x 2

Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING 11264 Mt

Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING 11264 Mt

Kingston A1000 960 Gt SSD M.2

Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic -ATX

Fractal Design Ion+ 860P, 80 PLUS Platinum - ATX

Potential Solution

Many people posting will be using HWiNFO to log and report on sensor info.

There have been reports of conflicts with ICUE software / Commander Pro USB ports

Try Uninstalling HWiNFO make sure the HWiNFO service is gone. Reboot and your disconnects may be gone!

Potential Solution

Many people posting will be using HWiNFO to log and report on sensor info.

There have been reports of conflicts with ICUE software / Commander Pro USB ports

Try Uninstalling HWiNFO make sure the HWiNFO service is gone. Reboot and your disconnects may be gone!

I've never had hwinfo installed and happened from the start. Guessing no one has any new info on this?

Same problems, my mouse, keyboard and commander pro disconect when the sound happens. have tried a lot of things but nothing seems to work.

Asus Prime x570-pro

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

rtx 2070 super gigabyte

corsair vengeance rgb PRO 32GB (4 x 8GB)

H100i RGB Platinum SE

6x LL120 rgb fans white

Commander Pro with 2 lighting rgb hub

Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic