Corsair Community

M65 RGB Elite, Left click issues

This M65 RGB Elite is only 5 months old and my left click on the mouse is having issues. I have to press firmly on the left click to get it to register when it used to work whenever I heard the mouse click.

I can hear the click when I lightly press the left click side of the mouse but it does not register, this is driving me nuts when playing games and its really impacting my ability to play. The right click button will register every time I hear the mouse click but the left side does not.

I'm not clicking it in a weird or strange spot either, I am clicking towards the middle of the left click area between the mouse wheel and up arrow in the middle of the mouse.

Has anyone experienced this before, is there something I can do to fix it or should I open a support ticket? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

also started noticing this seeming out of nowhere. ive had this issue with previous m65s, this is my first elite.

really a damn shame, the mouse feels like a dream, save for remarkably unreliable responsiveness all of the sudden.

This ****ing left click annoyance... had it with my old M65 pro, this went away alone... then I had it with my new Elite. I got a replacement through corsair support for it (great support btw. but I would prefer a flawless product). Left click issues happens a lot with Corsair on multiple products. I currently have the Ironclaw Wireless with no problems... lets see how long. ;-)

I'm having the same issues suddenly with my m65 Elite left clicking as well. I can feel the click. I can hear the click, but the click doesn't register unless I click harder.

The link that Corsair Calico Jack provided doesn't work.

Could someone provide instructions for a clean install of the software?

Thanks

Downloaded latest version of iCUE from corsair.

Uninstalled previous version of iCUE.

Shut down windows 10.

Restarted windows 10.

Installed latest version of iCUE.

Restarted windows 10.

Noticed that I was experiencing left click issues after I had uninstalled iCUE and was shutting down the machine. Noticed that I was also experiencing left click issues before installing software.

And I'm sill having left click issues. Mouse is 6 months old.

I am also having issues. I entered a request (#2000450653) 7 days ago asking for an older firmware to see if that might fix it, but have received no answer. I doubt they will honor a return since I did not buy it from them, and I can't return it to the place I bought it because it is outside the return window. I've only had this thing since February. I tried my wife's Sabre RGB mouse, and it works fine.

Very irritated with this issue, and the lack is response makes it even more irritating. This mouse should not stop working like this from a mechanical standpoint after such a short time.

Not sure it will help. But just came to say I'm having the same issue. So so so frustrating. Crosshair on someones head in CS:GO and no click.. then i get killed. ::pirate:::mad:

I've been reading about this issue and it seems it goes all the way back to almost 2016 on several different mice. This is also the second M65 RGB Elite I've had. The first one lasted about a year and then completely stopped working mid match. No optical sensor, no RGB, no clicks. nothing. This one I have had since about December of 2018 and I've had the left click issue for right at about 3 months now.

Why is this an issue with so many customers mice and how is it that this hasn't been addressed yet Corsair? So many of my components are Corsair.... however I'm starting to lose faith. :(

• 4 weeks later...
Same issue with my m65 elite. I opened a ticket on Monday and have had no response to it yet. Really disappointing considering how much I love the mouse. I have so much corsair gear, it would suck to have to purchase a different mouse. Hopefully they respond soon, or I'll have to buy a different mouse.

I don´t have a problem with the left click but my sensor doesn´t work a all. at first it was completely normal and then it started to stop registering my movement. after that the controls invertied to the opposite directions and now it doesn´t wor at all.

Does someone have a solution?

• 3 weeks later...

I got m65 elite in June and just opened a ticket with support on it yesterday for this exact reason.

The issue is very reminiscent of one I experienced using a standard mouse for years(and years). The button simply wore out and required extra effort to get it to register the click.

This one is now behaving almost identically to the standard mouse that I wore out. Cleared the device storage. Forced a fresh firmware install. Performed a soft reset.

Seems like a mechanical issue to me, but what do I know?

• Corsair Employees

Sounds like you've performed most of the basic troubleshooting steps for your mouse. If you haven't already done so, you will need to submit a ticket through our support site below:

https://support.corsair.com/

If you've already submitted a ticket, but haven't received a response yet, feel free to PM me with your ticket number and I'll follow up with our Technical Support team.

Thanks, Nick. I have submitted a ticket on 8/13. Based on the automated reply, I can expect a response of some sort within three to four business days.

Should I not receive any correspondence within that time frame, I will gladly take you up on your offer.

Thanks for following up.

</threadjack>

Edited by Stud_Beefpiler

• Corsair Employees
Thanks, Nick. I have submitted a ticket on 8/13. Based on the automated reply, I can expect a response of some sort within three to four business days.

Should I not receive any correspondence within that time frame, I will gladly take you up on your offer.

Thanks for following up.

</threadjack>

No problem. Keep me posted on the status of your support ticket if you don't hear anything.

• 3 weeks later...

hello,

i have similar problem, (m65 rgb, few months old), left click started to be bugged - i have to click really hard to system receive the click. In case of normal click - i can feel it, i can hear it but system does not know about it.

I tried new fw, new icue, i also tried on my laptop but its all the same. Any way how to fix it? Like older fw helped or something? thx for any advice.

• 3 weeks later...
hello,

i have similar problem, (m65 rgb, few months old), left click started to be bugged - i have to click really hard to system receive the click. In case of normal click - i can feel it, i can hear it but system does not know about it.

I tried new fw, new icue, i also tried on my laptop but its all the same. Any way how to fix it? Like older fw helped or something? thx for any advice.

Same here but mine is less than a month old... yet outside Best Buy's return policy period....

Now I cannot guarantee left mouse clicks on a device I literally have had 28 days... I feel ripped off, honestly.

• Corsair Employees
Same here but mine is less than a month old... yet outside Best Buy's return policy period....

Now I cannot guarantee left mouse clicks on a device I literally have had 28 days... I feel ripped off, honestly.

You can actually have the unit replaced directly through Corsair. All of our mice and keyboards currently come with a 2-year warranty. Just submit a ticket through our support portal, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you with the replacement.

https://support.corsair/

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. The left mouse button does not work properly. I can hear the click, but nothing happens. It only works if I press the mouse button very hard.

I have the problem since yesterday. I bought the M65 RGB Elite three months ago.

I kindly ask for support!

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the file from customer support and it was the same firmware that I was already running through iCUE. So I went through their support steps and nothing was resolved. I tried the suggest that @oarsume posted and so far it seems to be working.

I'll keep you guys posted but I think this is a bigger issue than just firmware or mouse storage filling up.