Corsair Community

iCue Lighting Setup doesn't allow me to rotate fan lighting

jabso

I have a 465x case which has an in-built lightning node core.

I have 6 LL120 fans connected to it.

When I go to Lighting Setup in iCue to rotate 2 of my fans it doesn't seem to actually rotate the lighting. For example I want blue on bottom half of the fans and pink on the top but for the top 2 fans the perspective is flipped so I want to rotate them to be upside down.

When I rotate them in iCue then go to lighting channel it indicates the lighting will be flipped but nothing actually changes.

I should note 3 of the fans are black ones that come with the case and 3 are white ones. I'm not sure if that would make a difference? In any case I can not seem to rotate any of the 6 fans in iCue.

• Like 1

I have a 465x case which has an in-built lightning node core.

I have 6 LL120 fans connected to it.

When I go to Lighting Setup in iCue to rotate 2 of my fans it doesn't seem to actually rotate the lighting. For example I want blue on bottom half of the fans and pink on the top but for the top 2 fans the perspective is flipped so I want to rotate them to be upside down.

When I rotate them in iCue then go to lighting channel it indicates the lighting will be flipped but nothing actually changes.

I should note 3 of the fans are black ones that come with the case and 3 are white ones. I'm not sure if that would make a difference? In any case I can not seem to rotate any of the 6 fans in iCue.

I just tried to take a look at that myself. Doesn't seem to work for me either. TBH I think that that feature looks to be broken in ICUE right now. That or based on the common denominators here, it could be the lighting node core not playing nice. I have a commander pro with LED node as well and I only ever have issues with lighting that are attached to that lighting node core. I think right now you have 2 solutions. Physically change the orientation of the fan, or if you don't want to do that, just flip the lighting effects around.

• 6 months later...

This isn't what fan rotation does. It's for synchronizing the movement of fan to fan effects like Pong, Ping, Gate, or anything else traveling from fan to fan for those people that did not line up their fans in the same direction or were forced to for cable management reasons. It can allow you to match the UI to the way your fans physically sit in relation to your position. It's not a substitute or shortcut for managing which effects are applied to which LEDs.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=194853

• Corsair Employees
This isn't what fan rotation does. It's for synchronizing the movement of fan to fan effects like Pong, Ping, Gate, or anything else traveling from fan to fan for those people that did not line up their fans in the same direction or were forced to for cable management reasons. It can allow you to match the UI to the way your fans physically sit in relation to your position. It's not a substitute or shortcut for managing which effects are applied to which LEDs.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=194853

Exactly this right here. This is not an issue and it is indeed working as intended.

So my back fan is out of alignment with front fans by 90 degrees. Am i going to have to unscrew and turn it then?

That depends on what you are expecting. If you are trying to get a lighting pattern that travels from fan to fan to start/end on the correct side of the last fan, then lighting rotation should work. If you don't like how the fan is physically orientated in relation to the UI's depiction of the fan, then you want to physically rotate it.

Frankly, being 90 deg off would drive me nuts and I physically would turn it. The rotation is a bit more useful for situations where you have some fans and intake and some exhaust and this creates the top of one fan meeting the top of another. The rotation allows you to flip one group or the other so you can do those fan to fan effects. On some fans like the ML with LEDs only on the center hub, it may not matter at all. With the ring fans like LL and QL, it becomes much more apparent.

That depends on what you are expecting. If you are trying to get a lighting pattern that travels from fan to fan to start/end on the correct side of the last fan, then lighting rotation should work. If you don't like how the fan is physically orientated in relation to the UI's depiction of the fan, then you want to physically rotate it.

Frankly, being 90 deg off would drive me nuts and I physically would turn it. The rotation is a bit more useful for situations where you have some fans and intake and some exhaust and this creates the top of one fan meeting the top of another. The rotation allows you to flip one group or the other so you can do those fan to fan effects. On some fans like the ML with LEDs only on the center hub, it may not matter at all. With the ring fans like LL and QL, it becomes much more apparent.

Its the back fan 90 degrees off. Front 3 are fine. The rotate button does nothing for me though. Bizarrely when i click rotate on the fan, the LED strip on port 2 blinks. Fan light doesnt move.

I don't understand that at all. Go to CUE settings and turn on debug logging, then contact Corsair Support. Not sure what is going on there. I happened to be using fan #4 as well as my test and it worked as expected trying a number of the questions above.

All that aside, it certainly seems like it would be easier to physically rotate the fan if possible.