Corsair Community

Commander/LightNodePro Do I need if i already have two LNP's?

Hello,

I currently have a lighting node pro in my current rig, I just ordered the 680x, which also comes with one, I also ordered the Hydro X system, with the commander. If I am going to have two lighting node pros, do I have to have the commander for the Hydro X system? Thanks in advance.

TLDR; Yes, you'll need it to control the pump and radiator fans.

The LNP is specifically for controlling the LEDs within your build whereas the CoPro provides fan controller, RGB and external temperature reading functionality which is quite useful for your Corsair HydroX build (fans and pump).

eg. If you connect the temperature probe (that comes with your Corsair HydroX pump) to Temp port 1 and the PWM cable from your pump to Fan port 6 on the CoPro, you can use the "built-in" curve for the pump - Hydro X Series Pumps. In addition, there is a "built-in" curve for radiator fans - Hydro X Series Fans.

TLDR; Yes, you'll need it to control the pump and radiator fans.

The LNP is specifically for controlling the LEDs within your build whereas the CoPro provides fan controller, RGB and external temperature reading functionality which is quite useful for your Corsair HydroX build (fans and pump).

eg. If you connect the temperature probe (that comes with your Corsair HydroX pump) to Temp port 1 and the PWM cable from your pump to Fan port 6 on the CoPro, you can use the "built-in" curve for the pump - Hydro X Series Pumps. In addition, there is a "built-in" curve for radiator fans - Hydro X Series Fans.

Hi Buddy...

How many Fans/Strips do you have in that 680x and what hydro X parts have you ordered...

once we know what you have we will be able to tell you exactly what you need. also.. what PSU.... is it a corsair 'i' series?

and yes you would need the Commander Pro as stated above for its Fan headers for and and pump control..... but you may also need a Lighting Node Pro depending on how many RGB channels you need.

680x already comes with 3 fans, as wells as a LNP, I currenlty have an LNP as wells as fan controller in my current build, currently w/4 LL120 fans. PSU is an EVGA 850. I ordered Hydro X w/360mm rad, GPU/CPU block and pump/res combo.

Don't forget also, the fans and pump are standard PWM which most motherboards can control direct, often 3 or 4 of them, and you can use splitters, so you might not need anything else if you can connect them to your board.

Obviously won't be able to use iCUE to control fan speed tho - it was just with everyone saying you *need* a commander pro to control them - you don't, I don't have one and I control my ML120 fans and pump via the motherboard headers.

Don't forget also, the fans and pump are standard PWM which most motherboards can control direct, often 3 or 4 of them, and you can use splitters, so you might not need anything else if you can connect them to your board.

Obviously won't be able to use iCUE to control fan speed tho - it was just with everyone saying you *need* a commander pro to control them - you don't, I don't have one and I control my ML120 fans and pump via the motherboard headers.

Given he has owns and has ordered more iCUE enable products including his case/RGB Fans and his loop etc etc and indeed will be using iCUE already. makes sense to have the Commander Pro in there. he gains the HydroX fan/Pump Curves designed for use with said equipment. its bring control all into one easy to monitor place..

No he doesnt need one.... but also.. he does need one lol.

Edited by Zotty