Corsair Community

K57 Keyboard Wireless Dongle Not Working

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Corsair employees (team),

Opened two separate supporting tickets due to having the same issue with both the K57 wireless keyboard and Harpoon RGB wireless mouse and their respective dongles.

Now, could someone please take a look and provide a solution?

I understand that you may be busy and probably a lot of other supporting requests have been made, however, as I am positive that my two Corsair devices should be replaced (or at least the WIFI dongles) - please kindly advise/solve.

Far from me to push this but it is obvious that my devices have lost their purpose (wireless).

Thank you for your understanding.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Following the opening of two supporting ticket (+ me being less impatient than usual) Corsair support team has started to look into my issues and as a result I will receive the replacement (keyboard) on this coming Friday. I have already received a replacement dongle for my mouse. There was a need to update the mouse (and the dongle) firmware knowing that this could potentially lead to the double-click (also) known issue. It did not happen.

Since they have started to communicate with me, I've been kept up-to-date weekly with regard to the RMA/supporting ticket status.

This is satisfactory for me, waiting one month didn't bothered me too much and it's acceptable.

I really hope that you will be treated by Corsair the same way I was.

My best wishes to all of you

• 4 months later...

Hi all

I had the same wireless connection issue and tried the following reset method and it worked perfectly.

1. Turn off your keyboard.

2. With the keyboard turned off, hold down the ESC key.

3. While holding down the ESC key, turn on your keyboard.

4. After about 5 seconds, release the ESC key. You will see the keyboard lighting flash if the reset is successful.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025465031-How-to-Reset-your-keyboard#h_2bfbf131-04ee-41b0-ab32-a7f7906f5e49

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
Hi all

I had the same wireless connection issue and tried the following reset method and it worked perfectly.

4. After about 5 seconds, release the ESC key. You will see the keyboard lighting flash if the reset is successful.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025465031-How-to-Reset-your-keyboard#h_2bfbf131-04ee-41b0-ab32-a7f7906f5e49

Good luck!

seguendo la stessa procedura non succede nulla

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

What i did to reconnect K57 with the dongle:

Plug in Keyboard over USB.

Plug in the dongle.

Start iCue Software (version 4)

Go to Dongle / Connections

Press initialize.

Now they are connected again.

Remove Keyboard from USB.

P.S. Be sure that wireless connection is turned on (Press FN + F5)

A flashing white light indicates not connected with dongle.

A static white light indicates connected with dongle

Edited by mpu

• 7 months later...

ok so I unistall iCUE and deleted all folders also follow this 

Perform a clean reinstallation of the Corsair Utility Engine (iCUE)
https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-
clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

I reinstall this iCUESetup_4.15.153_release.msi

right after you finish you get this upgrade now v4.16.194

them few seconds later a mandatory firmware upgrade available for
K57 RGB Wireless Keyboard after finish all this (i restar after each step
just in case) my usb dongle still rip and no way out 

who is the killer no body know i think

but what I do know is that the main reason why I bought this keyboard is 
because it is WIRELESS I do not want to be tied to a wired for life
help please

Screenshot (52)_LI.jpg

Screenshot (51)_LI.jpg

Screenshot (53)_LI.jpg

On 11/29/2020 at 5:30 PM, kopeck said:

Hi all

Good luck!

nope nothing happen here is rip 

guys my k57 is working!!! 

ok so I unistall iCUE and deleted all folders also follow this 

Perform a clean reinstallation of the Corsair Utility Engine (iCUE)
https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-
clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

I reinstall this iCUESetup_4.15.153_release.msi

right after you finish you get this upgrade now v4.16.194

them few seconds later a mandatory firmware upgrade available for
K57 RGB Wireless Keyboard after finish all this (i restar after each step just in case) my usb dongle still rip and no way out 

who is the killer no body know i think, but is working now!

• 8 months later...

I just made an account to post this.

I've been having this same issue with this keyboard for like, over 2 years.  And the Ironclaw RGB mouse. 

They do not like being used wirelessly, then charged with a wire, then trying to use them wirelessly again.  They work wirelessly, then I plug the cable in, get "USB device not recognized" 45 times until I restart the computer, or restart ICUE and then they decide they want to work again.

It's absolutely maddening.  I put in tickets.  I did all the troubleshooting.  I reinstalled and uninstalled and reinstalled and uninstalled ICUE.  I wiped it out of the registry.  I've updated firmware.  It literally doesn't matter with these pieces of crap.  At this point, the number of hours I've put into trying to get these things to work just isn't worth the hassle.  I'm just waiting until I can afford to justify replacing them with Logitech.

Just got home from a long day at work.  Wireless Ironclaw was using the cable.  Keyboard running wirelessly and then died.  "No biggie, I'll just plug it in."  Wouldn't work, in wired mode.  "Cable must be dead."  Nope, popped it back into the mouse and the mouse started charging.  Tried other USB ports.  Tried unplugging the dongle.  Restarted ICUE.  Restarted machine.  Then finally, FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON, I unplugged the keyboard again for the 12th time, and plugged it back in, and NOW it decides it will work in wired mode.

I've been using wireless keyboard and mice for DECADES.  They have a dongle.  They work with the dongle.  They charge with the wire.  That's it.  I never needed to install oppressive software and most importantly, I never needed to CONSTANTLY fight with them to get them to work.

I trusted Corsair, because I had really good experiences with their other hardware, but goddamn, I will NEVER buy their wireless keyboard/mice again.  Something is majorly wrong with ICUE and the functionality.  It's a shame, because the design and aesthetics are on point.

EDIT:  I lied, apparently I already had an account?  I see my post history is all just me complaining about these two items.

Edited by amk320
Corrected years of ownership. FELT like 4, with all the hassle. Apparently, only 2.

• 4 months later...

I am having the exact same issue - installed fine on first use. Tried to charge via USB cable when I received notification of low battery. Now the keyboard no longer connects to the wireless dongle. (This is the K57 Keyboard and Mouse bundle) - have used dozens of other wireless keyboards in the past with no connectivity issues. I am going to try the reset method as described in the previous post and send an update if it works. I will also note that the ICUE software is not very good. I uninstalled it completely and was able to connect without it but it constantly tells me there are updates that then fail after multiple attempts. The software needs work. 

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys im having same issue works wired , 

will not pair or update with cord plugged in 

but is charging with cord.. 

have moved to all ports on computer front and  back 

uninstalled icue and all files with run 

nothing fixed it , when i first go it no worries seems like its just happened out of nowhere its been like this for months only getting round to it now after sop many failed trys 

when pairing wont pick up , when updating it shuts down and disconnects keyboard  

key.PNG

key1.PNG

key2.PNG

key3.PNG

• Sad 1