Corsair Community

USB Disconnect/Connect Sounds with RGB Issues

scapiander

I have been having this issue for ages. First with a z270x 7700k build, and now with an x570 3900x build. This is clearly a copro issue. I am going to try the internal USB hub fix as that seems to work. This being said: I will never buy a corsair product after this given the shoddy nature of the Commander Pro. Something that after spending $100 on I will now have to spend another $40 to actually make it work.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the commander pro doesn't have enough power for the connections? What does the NZXT hub provide? I had one in my system earlier but it was bulky and I believe I still had issues. Can corsair elaborate? Do we need to buy a competitor USB hub to make the commander pro working?

So the commander pro doesn't have enough power for the connections? What does the NZXT hub provide? I had one in my system earlier but it was bulky and I believe I still had issues. Can corsair elaborate? Do we need to buy a competitor USB hub to make the commander pro working?

In my opinion, the commander pro is having power issues only on specific systems.

I had one on my 2 years old system (Asus Prime z370 with i3 8350K) with corsair MM800, 5x HD120, Corsair Void Pro Wireless and Corsair K70, no issues at all.

Same corsair stuff on my new Ryzen system (Asus Prime b450 with Ryzen 3600x), random usb disconnections fixed with the NZXT hub.. :eek:

Apologize for not understanding. So the community in general has conveyed that plugging the Commander Pro into a NZXT USB Hub which is then connected to the motherboard will resolve this random USB disconnecting? And as far as I can tell Corsair Support has not reacted to this?

Apologize for not understanding. So the community in general has conveyed that plugging the Commander Pro into a NZXT USB Hub which is then connected to the motherboard will resolve this random USB disconnecting? And as far as I can tell Corsair Support has not reacted to this?

Some rare users haven't fixed the issue even with the nzxt but yes, it worked for many others, including me but I also had to defintely unplug my Corsair St100 and that sucks.

I talked about this issue with someone from Corsair on their Facebook messenger, he said they read the topic even if they don't reply and they're working on it since this topic have been created.

Is this no longer being addressed? It's so frustrating to have your computer stutter after spending so much money on all the components due to a commander pro not having sufficient power? I tried this weekend to install an additional NZXT USB hub but it was a nightmare, nothing was working properly afterwards so I removed it and still having the same issues. Please corsair reply on this so I know it's being worked on.

but .. do you using any monitoring devices?

Turn them off.. Icue works then. .

I have this problem if I use AMD Adrenalin, AIDA64,CPU-Z.... becauseo Adrenalin have a integrated monitoring device.

I had opened a Thread but nobody knows any fix.

sorry for bad english

Kind regards

I do not use any monitoring software at all. I tried all the suggestions listed above and I still have the same issue. Corsair doesn't reply and I'm stuck having to deal with this on my own. It only happens during game play...so I have no idea why the commander pro would suffer receiving enough power. I played witcher 3 and rdr2 last couple nights and it always occurs, usb disconnect sound, colors go to rainbow, 5 seconds later goes back to normal color settings, my game stutters a bit during these 5 seconds and that's it. Super annoying but I guess it's not a priority for corsair to fix. I tried installing the NZXT USB hub but I really think it's ridiculous I have to use a competitors hardware to have this ICUE/Corsair issues resolved.

I tried installing the NZXT USB hub but I really think it's ridiculous I have to use a competitors hardware to have this ICUE/Corsair issues resolved.

I understand, but actually, even if that sucks, it's the only known fix for this disconnections issue.

For those few who didn't fix their problem by installing a NZXT hub. Try unplug the Corsair link USB cable if you are using a HXi series "smart" PSU. That's how I finally solve my problem and able to sync everything via icue without disconnecting while gaming and daily use after I used this gaming rig for more than HALF YEAR. I know it's suck and this will make your Hxi PSU become a normal PSU, but this is the only known fix that I found for this issue.

P.s. I should probably just paid 100 bucks more from beginning to use the Helio case and Ryunjin 360 AIO to avoid all those trouble that corsair compatibility with ASUS mb.

Still having the same issues, I tried everything at this point and it just keeps happening. Very disappointed I spend so much money in getting the corsair items when I should have just stuck with my deepcool 360 EX AIO. I spend $1000 in getting my system liquid cooled and to sync up all the colors in one program, only to have this happen with no resolution. The HYDRO X cooling isn't even that great either. Lesson learned...

For those few who didn't fix their problem by installing a NZXT hub. Try unplug the Corsair link USB cable if you are using a HXi series "smart" PSU. That's how I finally solve my problem and able to sync everything via icue without disconnecting while gaming and daily use after I used this gaming rig for more than HALF YEAR. I know it's suck and this will make your Hxi PSU become a normal PSU, but this is the only known fix that I found for this issue.

P.s. I should probably just paid 100 bucks more from beginning to use the Helio case and Ryunjin 360 AIO to avoid all those trouble that corsair compatibility with ASUS mb.

I tried disconnecting the USB cable from my Corsair HX750i PS to my ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard and the Lighting Node PRO disconnects have continued. I'm running iCUE v3.30.89. I've ordered a NZXT Internal USB Hub (https://www.nzxt.com/products/internal-usb-hub) but who knows when it will arrive since these seem very hard to get right now.

I also wanted to chime in that I am having USB issues *without* a Corsair Commander Pro

System:

AMD Ryzen 7 3800x

Asus Prime x570 Pro

Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB

Corsair 850mx PSU

EVGA Geforce RTX 2070 Super

My issue was plugging in my DAS Keyboard into the USB. The keyboard comes with a 2-port hub. When both USB cables were plugged in I was getting random disconnects of the keyboard -- and it would occasionally take out another USB device with it (sometimes my usb mic, sometimes the Aura controller).

I unplugged half of my usb cables from the Das keyboard (the HUB part) and it stopped disconnecting. My USB mic has degraded in performance however.

Something seems really wrong with the power level to the USB ports with the AMD 570 chipset?

Edited by Glucose

Wow I am glad I found this post. Ever since installing the commander pro on my asus x570 pro i get the sounds. If you open i cue i see the hub disconnect and reconnect. When my KB and mouse were plugged up to the usb 10 gig ports it would cut my lights on then on...I moved to the 5 gig and it stopped but still have the sound. I am trying the nzxt HUB. I should have next week. This needs to be fixed asap!

I have another theory I'm floating around. What if the legacy support on the USB drivers is just really bad. Commander Pro is USB2.0 right? Is it possible that this AMD x570 chipset has poor 3.2 legacy support for 2.0?

Hi everyone,

I wanted to add my name to the list of the many people experiencing this issue. Asus Prime X570-Pro user here too. I just built my rig yesterday and have been experiencing the disconnects ever since. When observing my iCue devices, I can clearly see the Commander Pro drop in and out of connection. Pretty unbelievable that i ordered $130 fans with a $75 Pro Controller, only for them to require an extra purchase of another $30. is control of lights worth $235? Im not sure...

Alas, i have ordered the NZXT hub from the NZXT website as that seems to be the only solution. I have seen threads about this same issue dating back to early 2018. So clearly Corsair has no intention to try and fix this and will continue to sell these faulty products. I currently have the CoPro hooked into the left usb 2.0 on my Mobo. I have tried both and the problem persists. I was able to get the disconnects to stop happening when i plugged in another usb device by going into iCue's settings and unticking "Enable SDK." But that has not fixed the random disconnects that i am getting from my Commander Pro. I have my fingers crossed whether my NZXT hub will actually be shipped. I had to buy it from the NZXT store, and it did not say it was out of stock but who knows. I cant find it anywhere else.

I also just want to clarify the setup for when the NZXT hub arrives. Please correct me if i misunderstand. I disconnect the CoPro from the Motherboards internal USB 2.0, plug the NZXT 2.0 into the header instead, and then plug the CoPro into the NZXT?

I also have a stock Wraith Prism CPU Cooler on for now, was planning on upgrading to the H100i eventually, but now i'm on the fence about corsair products. Can i plug my Wraith Prism RGB USB into the NZXT's USB header and get control of the lighting?

Thank you.

I just thought I would let everyone on/reading this thread know that I called NZXT's customer service to confirm stock. As of 7/16/2020 he told me they have about 1000 units of the NZXT internal USB hub in stock. Hope this helps some of you. I am hoping it resolves my issues like it seems to have with others.

I always get the USB disconnected sound, but everything worked fine. H100i Pro would get stuck in hardware lighting and uncontrollable in ICUE sometimes. Latest ICUE is not not recognising it all all!

I am getting these same issue with my new CorsairOne a100 (x570 / 3900x). The sad part is for the machine... I can't ditch iCUE.

This machine is configured (at least for me) to log details on the cooling configuration.

The logs can be found at "C:\ProgramData\Corsair\CUE\Service logs\Corsair_Cooling.log"

I can clearly see from these logs that there is communication timeouts with the hardware, and that eventually it just sends a signal to reboot.

This is also when I hear the disconnect sound, it the system falls back to hardware lighting, and then the reconnect sound