Corsair Community

iCUE v3.28.70 Patch Notes

Corsair James

I've been having this issue since updating too 3.29.110. Really annoying. I ended up having to revert back to version 3.20.80 as it was the only install I could find, I know it's a long shot but do you have the download for 3.24 at all? I'd like to get on a newer version then this ideally but without the RAM bug.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iCue downloads follow a pattern:

downloads[dot]corsair[dot]com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_{major}.{minor}.{revision}_release.msi

You can create a download URL from using the version numbers in the above pattern.

Here are a few examples

Corsair Utility Engine - iCUE 3.29.110

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.29.110_release.msi

Corsair Utility Engine - iCUE 3.28.75

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.28.75_release.msi

Corsair Utility Engine - iCUE 3.27.68

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.27.68_release.msi

• Confused 1

Great.

My attempt to upgrade to this version leaves me with this:

Anyway, the updater fully downloaded the new version, but then hangs...permanently...at "Uninstalling driver...".

Same here and when I tried to uninstall and reinstall, the uninstall hung as well. I am fine with the hardware I have, but the software is driving me crazy.

There haven't been patch notes for the last three versions.

iCUESetup_3.28.75_release (~May 22)

iCUESetup_3.29.110_release (~Jun.03)

iCUESetup_3.30.89_release (~Jun.10)

I haven't tried the lastest one but one of the previous versions added the ASUS motherboard tab (used to be a beta add-on).

Latest version still only shows 1 of 4 package temps & load for the 3970X. This worked fine a half a dozen versions ago. And can you PLEASE take the remote desktop issues seriously. I remote desktop to my computer constantly (even when I'm only 10ft away) and having all the lights come on IS more than just a minor problem. I've been writing software for nearly 40 years and fixing this __IS__ minor work. Major pain, minor work. Please fix this.

Latest version still only shows 1 of 4 package temps & load for the 3970X. This worked fine a half a dozen versions ago. And can you PLEASE take the remote desktop issues seriously. I remote desktop to my computer constantly (even when I'm only 10ft away) and having all the lights come on IS more than just a minor problem. I've been writing software for nearly 40 years and fixing this __IS__ minor work. Major pain, minor work. Please fix this.

What's the remote desktop issue?

What's the remote desktop issue?

When you remote desktop to a machine running ICUE, the software no longer works. The lighting resets to defaults and you can change profiles, but nothing actually changes. So here are two examples.

I have all my lighting off normally (only turn it on for visitors). This saves power and reduces heat in the case (1000D). If I remote in, all the lights turn on to rainbow default. Waste of power and heat.

Second example, my quiet fan profile is loaded because the machine is mostly idle. I remote in and max out my 3970X and two GPS to do some work, but I can't change the fan profile and have it take effect. If I'm actually remote (out of the house) rather than being lazy with my tablet on the couch, this is a huge problem.

Edited by farseer

iCue downloads follow a pattern:

downloads[dot]corsair[dot]com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_{major}.{minor}.{revision}_release.msi

You can create a download URL from using the version numbers in the above pattern.

Here are a few examples

Corsair Utility Engine - iCUE 3.29.110

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.29.110_release.msi

Corsair Utility Engine - iCUE 3.28.75

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.28.75_release.msi

Corsair Utility Engine - iCUE 3.27.68

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.27.68_release.msi

Is there a similar way to get old firmware for a H100i Platinum SE? The newest one has nerfed my pump speeds!

Seems to me corsair gave up at life, are they going to sell their company?

No patch notes for anything, clunky buggy driver still with too much focus on cramming tons of junk into it.

200mb of ram to run a driver with constant 1%+ cpu usage on a 9700k?

What is the driver doing? scanning my entire system spying on me sending reports back to sell to third parties? I cant think of anything else, unless its setting the RGB colors to each key 60 times a second.

Unfortunate because the new virtuoso headset is actually really good.

Now they just need to give all of their keyboards double pbt keycaps and switch to usb-c.

• Confused 1

No patch notes for anything, clunky buggy driver still with too much focus on cramming tons of junk into it.

What is the driver doing? scanning my entire system spying on me sending reports back to sell to third parties? I cant think of anything else, unless its setting the RGB colors to each key 60 times a second.

Now they just need to give all of their keyboards double pbt keycaps and switch to usb-c.

Yeah, its crazy. :mad:How much work can it be to at least post patchnotes.:brick:

I agree, fix this please.

The software + service are both using 1%+ CPU usage the entire time.

3.31.81 is out.

Would be nice to get patch notes.

I'm afraid to update as last time, iCUE messed up bad with audiodg, causing high CPU usage (13%), the only fix I found was to format C: and reinstall Windows.

I have had issues with the last 3 Icue programs in that my system will not restart unless I manually shutdown. I have also had issues with installing when it reaches driver installation it fails at 67%, I have had to delete everything corsair install icue what till it freezes go grab a coffee, have a cuddle of the dog and it installs, however, does not start on startup I have to repair the bloody program. I have also had instances of devices connecting and disconnecting. I have a lot of corsair stuff, lately had my eye on a few new things, but changed my mind as this software is absolutely crap as of late, Corsair need to get their act together. I do not want any sarcastic remarks saying it's your PC, it's not this is a brand new beast of a PC 5 months old and yes I have done all checks, updates, checkdisc, system health all come back perfect.

Gave up on 3.31.81, tried several times even a complete clean install. with 3.31.81 Icue loads then closes never detects ANY of my Corsair hardware. 3.30.97 remains stable, will stay with that version until a real fix is implemented.