Corsair Community

M65 RGB Elite, Left click issues

But the 50M switches that come in the M65 ELITE are stamped "China", not Japan like the D2F-01F switches.

Well, that explains everything.

Guess they will end up with a class action lawsuit if they manage to anger on enough US customers, 50 million clicks....

Just canceled my RMA, cba to get it replaced with another plagued mouse, going to either order the OMRON D2F-01 switches made in Japan or use the switches sitting in the other mouse and doing some soldering.

Also as info to anyone within the EU that wants to RMA, Corsair writes that the customer has to take the return costs which is against EU laws, they can ask that the customer to return the item for inspection but will have to cover the shipping cost if the equipment is found faulty.

Edited by Mineria

Well, that explains everything.

Guess they will end up with a class action lawsuit if they manage to anger on enough US customers, 50 million clicks....

Just canceled my RMA, cba to get it replaced with another plagued mouse, going to either order the OMRON D2F-01 switches made in Japan or use the switches sitting in the other mouse and doing some soldering.

Also as info to anyone within the EU that wants to RMA, Corsair writes that the customer has to take the return costs which is against EU laws, they can ask that the customer to return the item for inspection but will have to cover the shipping cost if the equipment is found faulty.

Hi Mineria!

Check out my post right above yours. It is a write up of the repair process you're considering.

Best of luck!

I'm on my fourth or fifth mouse at this point. The latest one was a refurb that I got on 6/10. All seemed to be going alright until about Saturday, I noticed that it seemed to miss-click.

I chocked it up as to me being overly sensitive, but tonight, I really sat down and started using it and Illuminati has been confirmed, same damn issue. I think I'm going to just try for a refund at this point because this is not a device I want to keep using.

After 6 weeks - I did a clean windows installation yesterday - my Corsair M65 Elite has the same leftclick problem as you guys mentioned. Is this really a software issue?

I kinda got used to the mouse and really enjoyed it but this is ridiculous..

After 6 weeks - I did a clean windows installation yesterday - my Corsair M65 Elite has the same leftclick problem as you guys mentioned. Is this really a software issue?

I kinda got used to the mouse and really enjoyed it but this is ridiculous..

Check my post on Page 7 for the solution.

The RMA replacement is gonna arrive next week. I hope it will work fine, i really enjoy the mouse. But if it doesn't I think I'm gonna go for an harpoon wireless, the shape is essentially identical.

The replacement arrived in april, and now, in june, 2 months!!!, the mouse is already missclicking 10-20% of the times.

It is unusable. And it's a real pity, because it's a really nice mouse, i love it, and also because i paid it 60€ + another 20€ to ship it back to repair.

I wish i had the tools to change the internal switches, but the tip of solder pen i have is too thick, the last time i tried to do this i burned the PCB.

From what i read here it seems like all the corsair mice have this issue, since they use the same microswitches, I guess I have no other choice but to find another brand :(

Edited by Danny2112

Another user with a broken mouse here!

M65 RGB Elite, two months old and left click not responding 30-40% of the time.

I'm returning it and getting a replacement so I'll take my chances see how that one goes.

I'm really annoyed as it's the first expensive 'gaming mouse' I've ever bought. If this continues with the replacement I'll just get a refund from amazon and stick with my cheap £20 mouse.

Another user with a broken mouse here!

M65 RGB Elite, two months old and left click not responding 30-40% of the time.

I'm returning it and getting a replacement so I'll take my chances see how that one goes.

I'm really annoyed as it's the first expensive 'gaming mouse' I've ever bought. If this continues with the replacement I'll just get a refund from amazon and stick with my cheap £20 mouse.

Can you ask for a refund from amazon once you RMA'd your mouse and technically you're asking a refund on a different item?

The replacement arrived in april, and now, in june, 2 months!!!, the mouse is already missclicking 10-20% of the times.

It is unusable. And it's a real pity, because it's a really nice mouse, i love it, and also because i paid it 60€ + another 20€ to ship it back to repair.

I wish i had the tools to change the internal switches, but the tip of solder pen i have is too thick, the last time i tried to do this i burned the PCB.

From what i read here it seems like all the corsair mice have this issue, since they use the same microswitches, I guess I have no other choice but to find another brand :(

Ask to get those 20€ refunded.

Under EU law, within the legal guarantee period of two years, defective products must be repaired or replaced without any cost to the consumer. This includes any shipping costs.

If they refuse file a claim

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/consumers-dispute-resolution/formal-legal-actions/index_en.htm

Can you ask for a refund from amazon once you RMA'd your mouse and technically you're asking a refund on a different item?

I've already received my replacement mouse from Amazon this morning and I'm sending the faulty one back.

No need for me to RMA.

Hi All,

I have a fix for this!! It may seem odd but it worked a treat for me. I have had the M65 RGB Elite for about 2 months and the left click suddenly stopped registering or it took 4-5 single clicks before it would click. So frustrating!

All i did was take the mouse apart (2 screws underneath, weights and then pull the top gently off. I then used a small file to file down the white plastic block on the left click only slightly, nothing excessive, put it back together and it works a treat. I have also done this with a Razer mouse years ago and never had a problem since.

Hope this helps!!:biggrin:

When I made the guide, the original soldering was perfect, as you'd expect in most manufacturing. It was my soldering that was not as clean as the original. The switches in the M65 that are stamped D2FC-F-K(50M) are definitely the point of failure. As to other mice, each can be manufactured with any number of other switches. In fact, in the M65 itself the switches on the side of the mouse for M4, M5, and M6 are different switches. They are Kailh switches instead of Chinese Omrons.

You can find a healthy amount of information about the particular D2FC-F-K(50M) switch itself as a particularly bad component if you take the time. That is ultimately why I ended up making the guide so that others could replace their switches if they chose to do so.

Case of the switches internals going out of alignment.

Seen some new mice from other brands facing the exact same issue when containing the same switches, so issue is probably at the plant where they manufactured them, what ever that is QC or worn out equipment is hard to say.

As for products from China, in some areas quality has gone trough the roof, and the M65 Elite is also ok except for it's switches which most likely come from a different factory than the rest.

I'm having the same issues. My mouse was delivered on June 8th, so I've had it for less than a month now. Has anyone successfully resolved this issues. Does corsair offer any option besides RMA of the same model? I'm not going to go through this process every 3 weeks in order to keep a working mouse. My left click is working roughly 30% of the time.

I'm having the same issues. My mouse was delivered on June 8th, so I've had it for less than a month now. Has anyone successfully resolved this issues. Does corsair offer any option besides RMA of the same model? I'm not going to go through this process every 3 weeks in order to keep a working mouse. My left click is working roughly 30% of the time.

I successfully resolved the issue by replacing the switches on the PCB. Feel free to ask any questions.

Guide below:

https://imgur.com/a/SYoRHGR

Same here, with the 30% successful left click rate. Sad because it's really a nice mouse, I think its an issue (post above) with bad hardware not driver issues, I've done a lot of what people suggest on this forum and nothing has worked. My buddy at Blizzard warned me, shouldn't have gone with this product :[pouts: live and learn.

For anyone that purchased this on Amazon:

After 2 faulty mice and corsair refusing a refund, I contacted amazon, even though the return window closed months ago. They were understanding of my struggle with the manufacturer, gave me a refund in minutes, and said to leave the appropriate review.

Return your mice if you can, leave a 1-star review, dont buy Corsair again.

Got my m65 elite today, picked one up on ebay and it has the non registering left click issue. Guess that's why the seller sold it - so much for 'works like new' :(. No warranty and not worth the trouble of sending it back by the time I've payed shipping twice.

I followed this tutorial on youtube and it's sorted (for now anyway).

[ame]

[/ame]

Tutorial isn't for the elite, but it's pretty much the same.

Recommend it for people who are happy to take things apart but don't want to risk trying to solder new switches in. I just took the cover off the microswitch and little specs of metal actually fell out!? Guess they're what were messing up the connection. I didn't take the switch to bits like the guy in the video did, I just took the cover off it and there is room to get a small strip of fine wet and dry between the 2 parts of the switch and give each a rub without going to that trouble.

Worth a go if you've nothing to lose anyway.

Edited by 7hunderhead
typo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This M65 RGB Elite is only 5 months old and my left click on the mouse is having issues. I have to press firmly on the left click to get it to register when it used to work whenever I heard the mouse click.

I can hear the click when I lightly press the left click side of the mouse but it does not register, this is driving me nuts when playing games and its really impacting my ability to play. The right click button will register every time I hear the mouse click but the left side does not.

I'm not clicking it in a weird or strange spot either, I am clicking towards the middle of the left click area between the mouse wheel and up arrow in the middle of the mouse.

Has anyone experienced this before, is there something I can do to fix it or should I open a support ticket? Thanks.

SORRY FOR THE NECROPOST, But I believe I found the issue of this mouse specifically. When I opened it up I noticed a dent in the plastic from all the clicking which is what's causing the clicking problems. Either the plastic is cheap or there's a problem with it because I'm pretty sure there should not be a dent in the plastic.