Corsair Community

X-Series FW Update - Status???

Dear RAM GUY respectively Yellowbeard,

after all the problems and the issues regarding the X128 Firmware update I lost track on what is going to happen with the firmware update tool for the X-series SSDs. I am completely lost. Does Corsair still work on an official update procedure for the X-Series SSDs or is the only way in the end to go through the pains taking update process as mentioned here or getting directly an RMA from Corsair to flash the drive at the manufacturing side?

Sorry if this question sounds stupid or may have posted somewhere else, however I am not sure if I should react now with my two SSD or better wait and see what's on the horizon?

Thanks for your support!

Rgds

Austin

BTW: You guys are doing an icredible job. I have to put my great respect to you. From someone, which knows to be in support

• Corsair Employee

I am not clear on what you are trying to do or if you have tried and failed and that is why you are posting this question? Knowing that would help to know what to direct you to do.

However, If you are running Windows 7 in single drive mode then the update would be suggested if you are having problems with performance loss, but if not or you are using a RAID configuration I would suggest using the current firmware that you have now.

Hi RAM GUY,

Wired made it hopefully clear? Is Corsair still working on a software to allow the user to make a "easy" update from FW V. 1.0 to a newer FW such as 2.0 or higher without having to try out with let's say different mainboard or trying other methods as they were described here in this forum?

Thanks again!

Yes I'd like to know this too. Simple enough question I would have thought?

I had no luck updating - tried on three desktop motherboards (nVidia and AMD) and 4 laptops (Dell, Toshiba and Fujitsu) with no luck.

I am presuming that, like me, other people would like to balance the likelihood of ever getting a working update utility against the massive inconvenience of sending it back to you to be updated (to another country in my case).

So a useful answer for me would be something like:

- There will be no further update utility (please don't be scared to give bad news - if you said this I would send it to you for update and be happy)

- There will imminently be an improved update utility (I'll wait patiently for few months and be happy)

- There will be an update utility but it is not expected within the next 6 months

- We have no idea as we have insufficient communication or influence with Indilynx

Yes i'm also quite curious about any recent updates regarding the Update tool.

me and a lot of people have been patiently waiting for a useful, safe and reliable tool that just works, some of us don't like to take risks especially since i paid $500 for my X128 here in Australia.

• Corsair Employee

This has already been answered and your statements are bit over the top lemongalaxy, the update will come from Indolinx... If the update does not work for you I would suggest trying another system and I would never suggest using X-Series SSD Drives on any OEM Note Book or system. You will have better luck using a desk top channel MB to do the update. Like ASUS MSI or Gigabyte for example. And I am sure they are always looking to update their software but this controller is no longer in production as far as I know so I doubt they will put much effort in updating software for this controller. There may be an Update but there is no ETA of when or if that will happen at this time.

If you cannot make the update work then you can request an RMA and we will be happy to update the Firmware for you.

This has already been answered and your statements are bit over the top lemongalaxy, the update will come from Indolinx... If the update does not work for you I would suggest trying another system and I would never suggest using X-Series SSD Drives on any OEM Note Book or system. You will have better luck using a desk top channel MB to do the update. Like ASUS MSI or Gigabyte for example. And I am sure they are always looking to update their software but this controller is no longer in production as far as I know so I doubt they will put much effort in updating software for this controller. There may be an Update but there is no ETA of when or if that will happen at this time.

If you cannot make the update work then you can request an RMA and we will be happy to update the Firmware for you.

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately I still don't have the information I requested or any reason why you can't supply it. These evasive replies are really not what I (or others) are after. Most of your reply is just spurious comments aboout motherboards and OEM controllers - completely missing (or convoluting) the point. I am particularly baffled by your surprise recommendation that X series drives should not be used in OEM laptops (effectively 99% of laptops).

I will ask the question one last time as simply as I can... Are Indilinx actively developing an improved update utility (which may work on my primary ASUS MB), or am I wasting my time waiting when I should RMA? If you do not know the answer, pick up the phone and ask your contacts at Indilynx.

I am really beginning to question the reputation Corsair have for aftersales care. I invite you to rectify this.

The controller is no longer in production by Indilinx, therefore it's unknown how much effort Indilinx is putting behind their update tool for said controller.

Ultimately RMAing it would be the quickest way to update the drive if the updater tool won't work on your rig(s), as there's no ETA if/when Indilinx will come out with a new updater tool. The updater tool ball is in Indilinx's court.

Archived