Corsair Community

Corsair.Service.exe - High CPU Usage

Jacob Klein

I am noticing "Corsair.Service.exe" using approximately 2 full cores of my multi-core CPU, constantly! :( This is unbelievable!

iCUE 3.32.80

H115i PLATINUM CPU Cooler

VENGEANCE RGB PRO RAM (4x 32 GB)

COMMANDER PRO (Channel 1: 4x LL RGB Fans, Channel 2: 4x RGB LED Strips)

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X

Windows 10 Insider Dev Channel

CORSAIR, can you please fix this atrocious CPU Usage?

Edited by Jacob Klein

Attached is an image showing TONS of threads, with each thread using about 100,000 to 500,000 Cycles, every second!

On my 16-core-32-thread AMD Ryzen 9 3950x, this equates to about 2.5 cores, or about 2.5 * (100 / 32) = 8% CPU.

Something is definitely wrong here.

I use these cores to do Science, in BOINC and Folding@Home!

Can you please fix this issue, and give us tools to set custom polling intervals if it is a polling issue?

514614277_CORSAIRService-HighCPUUsage.thumb.png.65cbc3ed326e74673a8ae2d9f1643745.png

Edited by Jacob Klein

Now all of a sudden I have the same issue after trying to move the f#@#$% commander pro to an internal USB HUB.

It started this morning when I tried to move the Corsair commander to a USB HUB. Yesterday it ran at a fraction of a %.

Now I have reinstalled ICUE with no profiles and Corsair.Service is still running at 15-20%.

Even if I rip out all the USB devices the Corsair.Service still runs at 10%.

Corsair SW is garbage.

Edited by Sineira

The 3900X is a 12 core 24 thread processor and Corsair Service.exe constantly uses 9% of my processor. Most of the time it is at the top of the list in Process Explorer (like task manager).

Wonder if this has anything to do with having a Ryzen processor, since all of us in this thread have one.

PLEASE FIX THIS CORSAIR!

I had to uninstall their software completely and give up on a lot of corsair functionality, the CPU usage was just insane and tech support would not help at all.

I saw roughly an 8% performance loss on my 3700x as well, with static lighting and static fan profiles.

I have tried everything I caan think of.

- Deleeted iCue.

- Deleted all Corsair drivers.

- Cleaned Registry.

- Installed iCue aagain.

- Pulled out all devices including keyboaard.

- Ensured all minute lighting effects for keyboard and cooler are turned off.

None of it affects Corsair.Services. It continues to run at 15-20% CPU load no matter what.

Any ideas?

As you can see my keyboard, another Corsair quality product is also repeating the "a" aand "e" keys.

EDIT: The cause turned out to be the latest Windows Dev channel update. I reverted back. CPU load is "normal" at ~2% for Corsair.Service and 2% for iCUE which is still too high really.

Without iCUE my PC idles at 1-2%.

Edited by Sineira

I also believe the problem is related to the version of Windows. I have multiple Windows partitions installed on my PC, and here are my results currently:

Windows 10 Dev Channel Build 20206 - Corsair.Service.exe has High CPU Usage! :(

Windows 10 Beta Channel Build 19042.487 - Corsair.Service.exe behaves normally.

Hope this helps isolate the problem!

• Corsair Employee

Hey guys, I'd like to apologize if you are experiencing this particular behavior when running iCUE. Just to put it out there, we've monitoring these reports and well aware of this issue. It's currently being worked on by our software team and doing their best to find a solution asap. Like what I said on other threads similar to this, all your concerns are being heard, they're not falling on deaf ears.

I'll provide updates on any progress with regards to this particular matter. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. A little more patience, guys, as I am sure that we will find a solution for this.

Edited by Greybeard
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Hey guys, I'd like to apologize if you are experiencing this particular behavior when running iCUE. Just to put it out there, we've monitoring these reports and well aware of this issue. It's currently being worked on by our software team and doing their best to find a solution asap. Like what I said on other threads similar to this, all your concerns are being heard, they're not falling on deaf ears.

I'll provide updates on any progress with regards to this particular matter. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. A little more patience, guys, as I am sure that we will find a solution for this.

Thanks, but I need to say that high CPU has been my experience since I first bought a Corsair keyboard and mouse about 4 years ago. I thought back then that 2 to 3% was too much for this and now with the latest update it's worse at up to 4.6%, and on my new i7-7700. It competes with Firefox and I have a couple of hundred tabs!

I'd like to share my partial solution to this problem:-

The high CPU is even worse for me with the latest update to v3.20.80. I'm now getting 3.5 to 5% in the background and 7.5 to 10% when running the interface on a new i7-7700. This sort of thing has been going on for years and I'm sick of it and gotten to a point where I want to just uninstall and say goodbye to some of my mouse and keyboard functionality. Besides, I'm an old guy and I don't need half of that childish rainbow eye-candy. I don't need my system to look like something from Pink Fluffy Unicorns. What's held me back is I use functionality like sniper mode on my mouse and some of those extra keys and macros on the keyboard.

Here is what I did:

> Select the mouse

> Click the hamburger menu to the right of Profiles

> Click the memory card button which saves to device

This will allow you to kill iCUE while retaining the mouse functionality. You can uncheck Start on system startup in the settings menu. The Corsair services stay running and still use a bit more CPU than you'd expect from a keyboard and mouse (I can't speak for other devices) but a lot less than iCUE.

Unfortunately, the option to Save to Device is not available for the keyboard, or at least not my case (a K55). I'm just going to have to lose that functionality until Corsair sorts this out ... or until I need a new set and try some other brand.

Strange.

Now I'm not seeing the issue

... and the only thing I can think that might have made it go away is me looking at the "Dashboard" tab within the app (which I don't think I had done yet).

Maybe initializing the Dashboard makes the issue non-reproducible?

I'll try to test that theory, and if others could too that'd be helpful.

I just bought my first Corsair product, I got the K95 Platinum XT and love this thing, but the iCue software does a number on my laptops battery even when I'm out and about and don't have the keyboard connected.

The system.exe process is constantly pinging around 10-15% of my CPU, and this drains my battery very quickly, the only thing I've found that makes it stop is disabling all three iCue services. This of course isn't cool because I like having those run when I reconnect my keyboard and want my profiles to work correctly. I've heard nothing but good things about this company and this is the only drawback I've come across so far. Please fix this issue!

[EDIT: I just found out how to get Corsair.Service.exe to stop pinging the CPU so much, go into the install directory and anything with "CPUID" in its name, be it a .dll or .exe, rename it to something else. I just added FIX to the end of its name and left the file extension alone. That fixed the issue. Now to get iCue.exe to stop being obnoxious as well...]

Edited by Midnight Aoi

Strange.

Now I'm not seeing the issue

... and the only thing I can think that might have made it go away is me looking at the "Dashboard" tab within the app (which I don't think I had done yet).

Maybe initializing the Dashboard makes the issue non-reproducible?

I'll try to test that theory, and if others could too that'd be helpful.

I never opened the dashboard so I don't think that's it.

iCue runs 1-2% load, Corsair.Service 1.8-2.5%, Corsair.Service.CPUIdremote 0.4% and Corsair.Service.Displayadapter 0%.

Overall that's the lowest I have ever seen. And this is on the Windows 10 20221 release.

What I have found most odd for years now lol, is with all this cpu usage, the software interface is laggy and phenomenally slow to respond. To be quite honest, it is approaching what any user would consider unacceptable.

What I mean is this: I have the iCue open right now. Firstly is takes 15 seconds just to load from the tray to the screen LOLOLOL. Then, any single thing I click on within the program takes 1 sec to 3 sec to respond to.

This is like 1998 level of interface lag. I could accept this if the user was on a 800 mhz pentium celeron from the 90s lol with ram running at 166 mhz. .... ... ......

...but it is almost 2021, I have an 8 core FX-9590 at 4.2~4.8 Ghz each core and 24Gb of Corsair Dom. Pro 2133 Mhz on a Asus FX990 board, all software runs from a Samsung 960 Evo Pro M2 NVME drive. Every other piece of software, Windows, and video games respond instantly, as they should.

If such a small program needs to eat 1%-5% of system resources of high end ( though last generation) system just to keep the fans at a static % and keep the LED's pink, then the least it could do is respond without lag.

The old Link software had this lag also. It's not a deal breaker, just very odd when it is the only current piece of software I have that lags. It's not even in "unicorn dance party" mode haha. Just a solid color and fans at 40%.

• 2 months later...

This software prevents my Ryzen 5 2600X to chill down. I have Corsair Commander controlling fans and aio cpu cooler. I also have HX750i power supply showing.

Corsair.Service.exe has 40 threads going and takes around 0.40 average cpu according to windows resource monitor. What ever that means.

Software and commander firmware are updated to latest.

I would love to get fix for this.

Good luck iCUE developers!

corsair.services_exe.thumb.png.e002ce30c26e2be275c3ee044676f71c.png

• 2 weeks later...

This was also preventing my Threadripper 3970X from cooling down. It was consuming around 8% of a 32 core CPU. There is definitely a problem here.

I found a handy program called Process Lasso. I was able to set a hard throttle to tame this beast of a process. After this my PC is a full 10c cooler.

One side affect of this is the LEDs are not as smooth. For example if you select rainbow, the LEDs only update when the process is allowed to use the CPU. Not a big deal, just set my LEDs to be static.

I have the same problem. Although this is shown by the System process eating up 20-30% of my CPU. Used Windows Performance Analyser to pinpoint it to iCue software. Uninstalled and problem went away.

What is strange is that a lot of calls came from Corsaire.Services.CpuidRemote64 and a library called cpuz_149.dll. It seems to me iCue is constantly getting info about the CPU, which has the unfortunate side effect of eating it up.

• 2 months later...

After much investigation, installing WindowsSDK that includes Windows Performance Recorder and Analyzer. I discovered tat the "Very High" CPU usage according to the Task Manager (15 percent all time for the SYSTEM process in the task manager, this is on a gaming laptop, Core i5 8300H) is caused by the Corsair Services, once I disabled everything that has to do with Corsair, my laptop is COOL. Damn, I thought I have a miner or a ransomware.

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling. Uninstalling using RevoUninstaller which deletes everything including Registery and AppData. Reinsalling. Nothing. Uninstalled again and upgraded from v3 to v4, it became worse, more SERVICES to disable now.

This is unacceptable.