Corsair Community

LS100 install inside case

v3nustas

Finishing up my new build and would love some ambient, iCue controlled, LS100 strips inside the case to show off all the white. However, I'm not sure how to go about connecting the extension strips to my system. Right now I'm using the rgb core that comes with the 465x case for the 3 intake/exhaust LL120 fans, with two more LL120's ran through my AIO.

Will the LS100's connect directly into an open slot on the rgb core with my case? Or do I need to add a lighting node core as well?

Thanks!

IMG-4973.thumb.jpg.ac47be6193f2918ba3f7e8f670c70f73.jpg

Hi buddy..

No you cant connect the strips to the lighting node core directly.. different plug for a start as its designed for fans. (fans have 4 pins and strips have 3 pins)

you would need either a Commander Pro or a Lighting Node Pro or the LS100 control unit that comes with the starter kit.

either way its prob worth reading my FAQ... lots of info on how it all connects..

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Edited by Zotty

I use two of the LS100 smaller strips as interior lighting with a Commander Pro and Lighting Node hooked up to it. Works great, and looks significantly better than the bare LED strips. I wish they'd bring out diffused LED strips already. Edited by Blacksad

They need to upgrade their RGB strips. just give us an upgrade rgb strip that look like LT100 and SL100 and call it rgb strip+ or something. My Phanteks neon strips and a rgb strip for the LANCOOL II case can work with icue. I mod some adapter to make it work, but it is annoying coz the number of led aren't match with the option in icue.

:evil: Just shut up and take my money already! :evil:

IMG-1957.gif

Look at that old corsair RGB strip in the middle compare to defuse RGB strip at the front....

Edited by koke6645