Corsair Community

HS70 - Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation High CPU

SleepySpider

HS70 Headset

Windows 10 Pro version 2004

OS build 19041.508

Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

I noticed it after updating to version 2004 of Windows 10.

Whenever I have the wireless usb dongle plugged in, the cpu usage for Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation process is high. If I unplug it, it drops back to zero.

I uninstalled the drivers. Uninstalled iCue. Reinstalled iCue. Same results. I have the firmware updated to the latest.

I did what other people said on the internets, which is to disable "enhancements" or "effects" under the sound device properties, it did nothing.

• Corsair Employee
Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation will see some CPU usage no matter what when the headset is plugged in and iCUE is running. If you disable it, you will not receive any audio. How much CPU usage will partially depend on the CPU in your build. Which CPU are you using and what is the typical Usage are you seeing for the Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Process?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
I've notified our validations team to look into this behavior. Does the CPU usage for the service change when iCUE is completely closed and exited out of? Also, do you have any software open that uses an active mic, ie. Discord or Skype? Try closing any applications that have an interaction with the headset and see if this affects the CPU usage. Edited by Corsair Nick

Closing iCUE and the corsair services still results in high cpu usage.

Note that it still occurs even if the headset is powered off. And the high cpu usage goes back to normal if I disable the headset device in device manager.

I shutdown Discord and the problem went away, so it must have something to do with that. I couldn't find any settings in discord to disable mic usage though.