Corsair Community

Corsair H100i RGB Platinum not cooling

Rogue208

Title pretty much says it. I have had this cooler on my previous build, the only difference was I used a Commander Pro with my B-450 F motherboard. My commander pro shorted out, so the only differences with the new build is a new case, new motherboard (Asus X-570) and new EVGA power supply.

Upon booting, my rgb fans immediately turn red and start spazzing out, running at full speed. Going in to the BIOS, I see that my CPU is running at 90C, or around 200 degrees F. I've tried reapplying thermal paste, making sure no pins are bent, fans are hooked up to the correct headers, and switching SATA power cables.

I'm a bit confused on the cable layout. When I had my Commander Pro, I had all 6 of my fans, including the 2 radiator fans for the AIO plugged into it. Since it shorted out, I have hooked up my two radiator fans to the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT headers on my X-570. The 3 pin power connector I have hooked up to the AIO_PUMP header, the Sata connector to the power supply, and the USB 3.0 cable to the bottom of the motherboard. Do I need another commander pro? Do I need to hook the fans up to the headers attached to the pump itself (Tried this and the fans didn't spin)? I'm going to try switching to the stock AMD Wraith cooler tonight if nothing else works. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Another thing to look out for, make sure you're not using any adapters like Molex-to-SATA. You'll want to make sure to connect to the SATA power off your PSU directly.

No adapters, it's the first thing plugged into a daisy chain cable with 4 SATA power connecters.

DevBiker and Viper4060, yes it lights up. Everything is connected, the fans spin, the water block isn't loose, the pump RPM's show in the BIOS, and USB/SATA both are running. One thing I'm not 100% on is if it shows up in iCue when I fully boot the computer. I have very limited time to keep the computer running as to not overheat it.

Thanks for all your help guys, unfortunately none of it worked, I had to put my stock AMD Wraith cooler back on. I did put out an RMA for a replacement, which looks like it's not going to be an issue for Corsair, so props for that. Again, thank you, appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
Yup. Im going to do the saem and put my AMD cooler back in. at least that worked. Corsair wont even give me any support or help. I am done buying their products if they arent going to supply even the barest of customer support. Ill return all $400 of equipment

How long did you wait to receive a response for the support ticket? Their response times are a bit delayed due to COVID and less staff. It took me around 2 weeks total to get everything taken care of but everything is being sent to me and replaced free of charge, I just had to pay around $40 in shipping. It wasn't even due to their fault, I later discovered my EVGA power supply had a fault that caused the voltage to fluctuate in huge amounts, therefore shorting out a lot of 5v powered parts and crash the computer multiple times. I'm not sure what happened to you with customer service but I had absolutely ZERO issues, everyone was super helpful.

Also, a phone call got me a support ticket made within 5 minutes, you could also try that. Sorry you're having issues but I don't see why they just wouldn't respond.