Corsair Community

H150i Capellix - Commander Core With Different Fans

Amorphica

I'm thinking of buying the h150i Elite Capellix cooler with a 360mm radiator for a new build. I have a basic understanding of corsair RGB hardware but I'm not sure if this new "commander core" changes things.

If I have a case with 7 fans total: 3 120mm ML on the h150i radiator and a total of 4 QL or LL on other sides should I connect 3 ML and 3 QL/LL into the commander core and then have 1 ... connected somewhere else (lighting node by itself?) or should I have the MLs together on the commander core and the QLs together on something else.

Does the "trick" of counting LEDs to kind of trick it into thinking they're all the same type of fan work with this new commander core?

Alternatively I could just get all MLs for the other sides. This new h150i Capellix comes with ML fans though (and I think they perform better on radiators) so I wouldn't want to waste them and switch everything to QL or LL.

I could also pare down to 6 fans total (3x 120 on top radiator exhaust, 2x 140 on front intake, and 1x 140 on back exhaust) if that makes it all easier.

I'd like to keep everything managed from one software (icue) vs using motherboard headers for like other brands of fans or fans left out of the commander core/other solution.

Thanks and I hope this question made sense.

Hi buddy.

I am still waiting on mine so struggling for info.

but it looks like its auto sensing what rgb fans it has connected by LED count. i may be wrong. but i think mixing rgb fan types may be possible in this unit so you maybe able to just plug your ML's/QL's/LL's in and away you go.. i hope..

soon as i get mine i will have diagrams and concepts up on my RGB Faqs.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

as for the 7th fan.. was able to use an RGB Fan Splitter from pirate dog tech to do this with the RGB Fan LED Hub and indeed Lighting Node Core.. but like i said. right now i am struggling for info so dont know power specs right now..

Ok, awesome I will follow your FAQ. That'd be great if it was just plug and play with a splitter. I'm not doing a build until after AMD has shown what their new chips are and they're reviewed so I can wait for others to test the H150i elite also.

I honestly didn't realize it was so new until randomly stumbling on a release date today. I haven't bought an AIO or built a PC in about 5 years so I think things have changed a lot, especially with RGB lighting.

I haven't bought an AIO or built a PC in about 5 years so I think things have changed a lot, especially with RGB lighting.

yeah things have moved on somewhat lol.. the things you use to dream of being available are now on the shelves lol...

i hope to have a H150i Elite within the next week or so and will crack on with getting info/concepts uploaded ;)

Actually went ahead and did it now, it forces all fans to be set the same, however you can always set it to whatever the highest number of leds in your fan is example LL are 16 led. Then just use the leds that work on that fan like this is for my ML120 4 led for example instead of the 8 led ML120 that are from the 150i elite.

gIDDgRF.thumb.png.86c48f78392d7c1667fccdfb5afa3a6a.png

• 2 months later...