Corsair Community

Why is my GPU set to PCIe 2.0 and not 3.0?

zguy85

Good morning Corsair and friends. I never had noticed this in over 2 years, but when analyzing my setup with HWiNFO64, it shows that my GPU's PCIe is PCIe v2.0 x16 and NOT V3.0???

I have the original C1 with the 7700K and 1080GTX. I do remember my PCIe being set to 3.0 with the original BIOS, but the option to change is not longer available with the current BIOS version.

Corsair and friends, how do I FIX this? HELP See IMG below.

790482659_CorsairIMG.thumb.jpg.a468744b8e36f3bf96ea0108dedc18df.jpg

Edited by zguy85

So I've been looking on the forums and have seen issues with other users having bad PCIe Ribbon cables that go from the card to the MOBO. Is it a possibility my cable is bad? If so, and this is a major deciding factor if i will continue with the amazing Corsair brand, how can I get another ribbon cable Corsair?

I have already submitted a help request Ticket Number: 2003573483

Please Help.

Edited by zguy85

Hey Mint,

Thanks for the help. I always am trying to help others here on the forum and once in awhile need some help myself. I really do believe in this product and only wish great things for the C1. Havn't seen a lot of the other Corsair team lately, but have noticed you active here on the forum and we all appreciate your help. Thanks also for helping the ticket process.

V/R

-Justin

***UPDATE***

So Francois N from Corsair reached out to me and is going to see what can do to get me another ribbon cable. That was a quick response, so thank you very much for helping to handle the situation. Hopefully this is what will fix it =). Appreciate you both Corsair Mint and Francois N! Will keep you updated!

Edited by zguy85

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Corsair Mint,

I have yet to hear back from Corsair Customer Service in over a week now. Whoever you had contacted to help me out worked literally that day, but since then I haven't heard a word. Last they mentioned was that they were going to contact the warehouse and see if there was a possibility at getting a replacement cable. Would you be able to work your magic again by chance?

-Justin

So update, just got an e-mail today from Corsair Customer Service and a new ribbon cable has been shipped! Tracking shows it coming in on the 6th of October so very excited to see if this resolves the issue. Appreciate the help so far Corsair Mint and Francois!

So got the new Ribbon Cable in today and spent about an hour and change replacing it and STILL no PCI 3.0, so yes I really appreciate the support, but now just finishing with no results I'm frustrated. Does any other Corsair One user with the 7700K/1080GTX have this issue ???? Starting to think it's a BIOS problem at this point since the option to change PCI versions that existed before I upgraded the BIOS a year ago or so, is no longer available.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Newbie here. I have a Corsair ONE 2017 that used to have the GTX 1070 and a i7 7700 non K CPU. I used to have the same problem with PCIe not running Gen 3 and came across this thread (link below). Basically PCIe speed was locked to run at max Gen 2 due to instability with Gen 3. I have upgraded all components now so I no longer have that issue. Hopefully this helps.

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=922499

• Corsair Employee
So got the new Ribbon Cable in today and spent about an hour and change replacing it and STILL no PCI 3.0, so yes I really appreciate the support, but now just finishing with no results I'm frustrated. Does any other Corsair One user with the 7700K/1080GTX have this issue ???? Starting to think it's a BIOS problem at this point since the option to change PCI versions that existed before I upgraded the BIOS a year ago or so, is no longer available.

If the replacement cable didn't work, do Support know so they can look further into it.

I did e-mail support back that it didn't work, but did not get a response. From what that article above read, the most recent BIOS released does not allow PCIe 3.0 support and was purposely disabled due to an unexplained reason with the engineering behind the Original C1's. Looks like no fix for the 1st Gens like mine. At the same time I don't believe it really would have made a significant difference so I'm going to let it go.