Corsair Community

Corsair VOID Pro USB Mic not working with iCue

I had this same issue after starting my computer about 4 months of it sitting still. I had to update iCue and noticed my mic wouldn't come off of mute, only "mic feedback on/off". Well after 3 days of nonstop attempts, I did something a little simple that fixed it.

Unplug your USB headphones.

Close iCUE.

Go to your Control Panel.

Click on Programs.

Click on Uninstall a Program.

Right click on CORSAIR iCUE Software.

Click Repair.

Follow onscreen instructions.

Plug headset back in.

This worked for me out of all the tedious things I tried, hopefully this solves everyone else's issue :)

Worked for me too, thanks mate.

But i dont plugged out my Headset.

Same Problem with Void Elite but you helped a lot and its working again, awesome.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, I wanted to throw my 2 cents into this discussion. I have the same issue as everyone else here. Same version causing the issue as well. The current work arounds haven't helped for me, but what has helped is this....

Go to control panel, then in the top right search for "Sound", then at the top of the searched items there will be "Sound" in green. Click that. It will open the old style sound settings box. Click the Recordings tab at the top. Double click the "Headset Microphone", Click on "Levels" and then Click the button to the right of the current level to make sure the mic is unmuted.

The LED on the end of the mic will still be lit up Red, but the mic will at least work. The mute button still turns the "Mic feedback" off and on though. I did have to go back in after waking my computer today and click the mute/unmute button again to get the mic unmuted, but it's a temporary solution until Corsair gives us an actual fix. Hope this helps. Take care all!

EDIT: I tried doing the Repair option again, but this time I didn't unplug my Void Pro USB (wired) headset. It seems to have worked although now when I press the mute button on headset, it turns the Mic feedback on/off and mutes/unmutes the microphone at the same time, which is fine I suppose. It's just long winded and annoying hearing the voice say both things instead of just mic off/mic on.

Edited by hackosx86
New info

Hey everyone, I wanted to throw my 2 cents into this discussion. I have the same issue as everyone else here. Same version causing the issue as well. The current work arounds haven't helped for me, but what has helped is this....

Go to control panel, then in the top right search for "Sound", then at the top of the searched items there will be "Sound" in green. Click that. It will open the old style sound settings box. Click the Recordings tab at the top. Double click the "Headset Microphone", Click on "Levels" and then Click the button to the right of the current level to make sure the mic is unmuted.

The LED on the end of the mic will still be lit up Red, but the mic will at least work. The mute button still turns the "Mic feedback" off and on though. I did have to go back in after waking my computer today and click the mute/unmute button again to get the mic unmuted, but it's a temporary solution until Corsair gives us an actual fix. Hope this helps. Take care all!

EDIT: I tried doing the Repair option again, but this time I didn't unplug my Void Pro USB (wired) headset. It seems to have worked although now when I press the mute button on headset, it turns the Mic feedback on/off and mutes/unmutes the microphone at the same time, which is fine I suppose. It's just long winded and annoying hearing the voice say both things instead of just mic off/mic on.

***** THIS ***** is the proper method for fixing the MIC OFF on connect message, while adjusting the MIC mute/MIC audio levels in iQue DO NOTHING

The last update to iQue DEFINITELY gimped this product.

To confirm everything already stated in this thread:

The latest update to iQue breaks the functionality of the RGB Void Headset -- most significantly disabling the mic on startup/USB connection & also disabling the MIC MUTE/UNMUTE button to get the mic powered on again.

Shame on Corsair for rolling out updates that break perfectly working products.

• Corsair Employee
In, I've been fighting this issue for about a week...

Void PRO USB. 3.33.246

I'm attempting to reinstall the old version as posted above. Will update if it does not fix it.

Were you successful with the update AtomicJarl?

I noticed a lot of you are on the latest version of iCUE in your comments. Please try rolling back to the previous build to see if this resolves the issue.

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.32.80_release.msi

I have a Void Pro USB and I am having the same problem with the latest iCue. If I remove iCue, it works fine. To be fair, I have had similar issues with previous versions of iCue with this headset.

This is what I did to fix it:

1. I uninstalled the latest iCue and checked the box to remove saved profiles. Rebooted.

2. Flipped down mic boom (red LED was stuck on with iCue installed, now it's slowly pulsing red) and pressed the mute button on the headset. The red led turned off.

3. Installed the previous iCue 3.32.80. Rebooted.

4. Reset my RGB color settings. :)

5. The mic works now!

Edited by Yaboze

This is just to inform that rolling back does nothing for me. Running 3.32.80 version has the exact same effect.

Odd thing is, that in my case. Mic feedback through ICUE works! I Can hear myself on my headset. But no other program does. Everything tells me that my mic is disabled.

I really do hope that something happens soon. I hate my wife's razers but they work. :sigh!:

I literally just made an account here in order to say that icue is the main issue to all the errors and problems that have plagued corsair products... I currently have the same issue as all of you, I have a void rgb wired headset, sound works but mic is muted. the only "fix" that has worked is going into my sound settings and adjusting the level of the mic sound but the light on the mic itself stays on though. But I have to do it after every log in, or computer restart. downgrading to a previous version of icue doesn't work, and it causes more issues because for some reason my ql120 fans aren't supported on that version. corsair really has to step up their game!! just this month I've had the following issues with 6month old hardware - wireless ironclaw consistently disconnect and reconnects, also lags. Strafe rgb mk.2 some rgb lights are RIP and some are just missing a color (i.e. my "Z" key doesn't turn green) now my void rgb wired headphones are flipping out.

• Corsair Employee
Quick update for all of you, we have confirmed that there is a bug in the current build of iCUE. You can roll back to 3.32.80 using the link provided before, and the mic should work fine. The next update should resolve the issue once available which should be shortly.
  • Confused 1

I updated the iCue (october 8th 2020) and now the problem of mic muting (and never unmuting with iCue on) is happenning again.

I just downloaded the older version of iCue that the Corsair Staff posted before on this thread, and now is working. I didn't restart my computer, so i don't know if the problem will come back when I restart it. I have already had enough headache for today.

I really hope you guys fix this problem. This headset was kinda expensive (void pro), and I really liked it at start. But now ? With SOFTWARE problems ? I am really disappointed.

I also have a USB Void Pro and have just recently had the same issue. The mic stays muted no matter what, and the only way to fix it was to do a Repair on iCue.

This only started happening after updating to iCue version 3.33.246, and I've now uninstalled that version and gone back to 3.31.81

So this problem started up for me today. I have a wireless Void Pro that is capable of doing surround. I was in the middle of talking and pulled the mic arm up to mute to caugh, when I moved the mic arm down it stayed muted. I was already running v. 0.15 firmware on my headset as well as version 3.34.161 iCUE. I have done the following troubleshooting steps.

1.) Hardreset the headset by holding down the mute button for 15 seconds, then powering back on. I have done this both connected to my PC and disconnected from it.

2.) Restarted the Corsair services on my PC

3.) Ensured that the mic settings for the headset are set to DVD and not telephony

4.) Ensured firmware was to latest version. Forced version update even though it was up to date.

5.) Ensured iCUE software was at latest version (it was)

6,) Uninstalled iCUE software and reinstalled

When I did the reinstall the mic volume and sidetone slider bars finally were no longer greyed out in the iCUE software. Once I powered on my headset though, they greyed back out and the mic arm still showed a red light on it and the headset stated the mic was off. I hope this is plenty of information for you to go off of.