Corsair Community

Commander Core controlling Commander Pro fans in iCUE

Benvolio

Hello everyone, I recently built a new system with the new H150i Capellix AIO, and 6 additional LL120 fans. I have been experiencing an issue where the Commander Core included with the Capellix is taking precedent over my Commander Pro and controls the 6 LL120s that are attached to the Commander Pro. If I choose to sync the performance to "ALL DEVICES" on the Core, then the 6 fans attached to the Commander Pro will slow down to ~650RPM regardless of the profile I choose for them. If I undo the sync "ALL DEVICES" then the LL120s on the Commander Pro immediately shoot to 1500 RPM even in quiet mode and will not accept any other fan input. I have attached images that show what happens to demonstrate the issue. To conclude, I basically have no control over the Commander Pro fans as long as the Commander Core is active.

All_Devices_Off.png.23dc169e0961a5f4e8100eb599365442.png

All_Devices_off_Commander_Pro.png.e9e3c263e57088eccbeecade396e63e5.png

All_devices_on.png.9a66e73f9918c5b5d1e4483efddd6425.png

All_devices_on_Commander_Pro.png.b40703ad6ebfed809934b72ce55e0888.png

Don’t use the “all devices” switch. It’s doing what it is suppose to do — take control over everything based on the cooler. Most people will want independent control. Leave this off.

The issue is the “Quiet/Balanced/Extreme” presets for an AIO have a very different set of data points than the Commander Pro. Most importantly a different control variable. The AIO coolers run the fans based on coolant temp, as they should (H150i Temp). However, the Commander Pro defaults to CPU temperature as the only value every system is guaranteed to have. This is not a very good case fan control variable and there is no hysteresis (fan delays). You want off that immediately. 1500 on quiet is the norm.

Commander Pro -> Performance tab +. That will create a custom curve and a graph appears below. Now you need a control variable (sensor). A very easy one is H150i Temp allowing you to match case fans with the radiator fans. In the top right corner of the graph are three shape tools that correspond to the three Quiet/balanced/extreme presets. That will quickly generate a curve and each point is fully adjustable. Don’t forget to apply that curve to each fan by clicking on the fan profile name (left) then clicking ALL the fans on the right you want to run that program. Each will ring yellow as applied. Long term you can use the temp sensors to measure specific intake/exhaust values and get a true fan response based on changes in case air temp. Those are also the native sensor for the Commander so they work with or without the software running. However that takes a fair amount of experimentation to set up as the range will be different for every user and values change based on exact sensor location. That’s something you can ease into over time.

Dude, thank you so much. I was having so many issues trying to get the commander pro fans to not default to 1500 immediately. I was aware of the all devices switch taking precedent in terms of every fan in the system but as you said, most want independent control, myself included. Thanks for the super clear steps for making the custom fan curve, now the fans are at the exact RPM I intended!!