Corsair Community

Zotty's CORSAIR RGB Hardware and iCUE Eco-System FAQ

Zotty

Also, you are going to get some Lighting Node Core devices in the QL multi-packs. Those are a single channel controller and lighting power supply in one package and thus it does not need to be connected to a Commander or LNP. It connects directly to MB via USB 2. This is useful if you need to save RGB channels on the Commander for strips, Hydro X, or other devices that need the controller. The Core devices can take fans only. It doesn't particularly matter which way you set them up, but it another option.

to add.. each Lighting Node Core needs a 9 pin internal USB header of its own. for 1 channel (6 fans) and for this you get RGB control only. worth bearing in mind if USB headers are at a premium. where as a Commander for one 9 pin usb header and 2 RGB Fan LED Hubs will gain you control of up to 12 QL fans and also give you 6 PWM fan headers and 4 thermal probes. as well is real time system monitoring.... Edited by Zotty

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, i have little doubt, i bought one 465x case, ll 120mm 3 pack, h100 platinum and commander pro, how i make the connections of the AIO fans? Need to use the AIO fans connections? or can use only the commander pro? I gone put the radiator in front of the case.

Hi buddy...

The H100i Platinum is a self contained unit and as such it is able to host and control its own fans. for fan power (make them spin) this is recommended as it ensures correct operation of your cooling system regardless of other hardware and indeed os and other software..

as for RGB control. your call on if you connect them to the aio or in the same chain as the rest of your case fans....

Thanks Man, :)

Hi buddy...

The H100i Platinum is a self contained unit and as such it is able to host and control its own fans. for fan power (make them spin) this is recommended as it ensures correct operation of your cooling system regardless of other hardware and indeed os and other software..

as for RGB control. your call on if you connect them to the aio or in the same chain as the rest of your case fans....

Updates made. including adding info and a diagram (more to follow) on the New Commander Core that is included with the iCUE H*** Elite Capellix AIO coolers.

Go back to the first post and click the links to the section of the faq you require.

Thank you for reading and Dont forget to Rate the thread at the top of this page :).

hi buddy... not so sure i would run 11 Ml's on the one Commander even if they fall under the limits. you looked at PWM repeaters like these?

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en//Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Carbide-275Q-6-port-4-pin-PWM-Repeater/p/CC-8900310

and you would need a 2nd RGB Fan LED HUB for the lighting dude

I've run 6 Ml's with the PWM repeaters, however, they are not recognized by commander pro, am I missing something? :D:

Hello, new to the forum and about to build a new system. By far the most involved ive done, including first AIO cooler. I have looked at many diagrams in this thread and want to make sure I hook everything up right and have all the parts when I begin. I would appreciate any help in how to connect all the fan/rgb and temp cables from the cooler, fans and strips.

Asus z490 E

Corsair Dominator x 4

Seasonic tx1000 titanium

9 QL120 (have 3x 3 packs which include LNC)

Commander Pro

Phantek digital RGB strips (3 of these)

NZXT Kraken z73 (with the lcd screen)

Lian Li Strimmer 24 and 8 pin

This will all be in a Lian Li 011 Dynamic case which has LED strip on the front.

I am assuming that I would hook the case strip plus the phanteks to a LNC.

5 Fans plus the cooler temp to the CoPro and the rest of the fans to a 2nd LNC.

Connect the two Strimmers to a 3rd LNC.

Then connect the CoPro to the MB?

I feel like im missing something here not hooked up right. Do i need a temp/fan header from MB to CoPro too? not sure how all this ties in.

Thank you

Edited by Fiveseven00

Hey there, I'm putting together a new PC that will have three front fans (Lian Li Mesh), an h115i and the two RGB fans associated with it.

If the 678C is out of stock (and has been for at least the last couple weeks I've been looking), are there any alternatives?

I'm planning to additionally add at least two Lian Li diffused LED strips and would like them on the same setup as : https://imgur.com/L1TFfhp

hi bud,,

there are a few other types of PWN repeater hubs out there.. i personally use some XSPC 8 port version in my 1000d. but they are hard to find now..

you could try contacting support to see if they can source you one?

Hmmm, if I don't use the repeater and just go to a hub, then motherboard, I could still control the RGB from iCue, just not the fans, correct? They would control through the motherboards software?

Hmmm, if I don't use the repeater and just go to a hub, then motherboard, I could still control the RGB from iCue, just not the fans, correct? They would control through the motherboards software?

I have one more question, I just saw the iCUE H115i ELITE CAPELLIX, that it has a commander core built in... does this pretty much eliminate the need for the PWB, if you just go from the CAPELLIX, to a lightning hub, (or would it need a different controller?)

If I went from the commander core to a corsair commander, then the core should see the commander and be able to control each fan/rgb individually through icue? (or am I overcomplicating it?)

Hi everyone,

I just received my Commander Core (included with the iCUE Elite Capellix AIO Coolers)

And I have a big problem.

I can't control all the fans I have in the box.

Specifically the 3 forwards, which are from another brand. (not rgb, 3 pin)

I thought I could put it in series with a splitter.

But when connecting the spliter to a Commander fan outlet ... I can't control them.

They get to full speed, and nothing else :-(

Please tell me that there is a solution.

thanks

EDIT

I have done a test:

I have taken my splitter and connected it to a single corsair fan, and then the spliter to the commander, and everything works fine.

However, when I do the same with a 3-pin nzxt fan ... well, as I say, it sets the speed to maximum and nothing else ...

:-(

Some explanation?

Edited by daicon

I'm working on a new build, my setup is to have 420mm intake fans in the front of the case, with a H115i Elite Capellix rad on top of them with the H115i fans in a push pull configuration (so basically fans on both sides of the rad so I have fans I can see both inside and outside), two 140mm fans exhausting via the top and one 140mm exhausting out the back. All of them Corsair fans; the included AIO fans and the rest the QL140 fans. That makes a grand total of eight fans.

The H115i comes with the Commander Core, which has six fan and six RGB supports and I was going to buy the two pack of the QL140, so I get the included lighting nod (which is looks like the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub, but they also call it the lighting node core in the packaging, but the quote below makes it sound like two different things).

If I connect five of the eight RGB connectors to the RGB ports in the Commander Core, and the other three RGBs into the Lighting Node Pro (or Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub since it looks the same), and then connect the hub to the Commander Core, will I still be able to maintain synchronized lighting across all eight fans and how would I get the actual fan power (not just the RGB) connected to the commander core, since I would still need two more slots? I assume I can use a 4-pin splitter on two of the fans, which from the FAQ seems to work.

I ask this, because I saw an FAQ on the Corsair forums that said the following:

RGB fans will NOT work plugged directly in to the Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro, you MUST use the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub which then Plugs into a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro

Does this mean I need two of the RGB hubs (meaning buying two of the 2x QL140 packs) and those connect into the Commander Core?

Basically, this will be the setup I have, but with two extra fans (and all eight of them being the QL140)... not sure what I need to get it to work for correct RGB synchronization.

http://i.imgur.com/mn0MDS4l.png

Edited by ReverendVerse

Hi buddy. i am just about to head to work.. soon as a get home i will get my head around what you need..

but for a start,,

fans RGB syncs in groups of 6 I am afraid. sequential effects like PONG only play across 6 fans (per hub)

Could I get a bit of help?

I'm doing a new build, I'm looking to order the H150i Capellix but I'm abit lost on how to connect everything considering the amount of Corsair parts I’m using which use iCue.

From what I can think of on top of my heads, I will need to use both Commander Pro and Commander Core, including one or two RGB Fan LED Hubs, but I think I may need another Commander Pro? List of parts are below:

Corsair H150i Elite Capellix

Corsair LL120 Fans x10

Corsair HX1000i

Corsair RGB Lighting Strips (Might use them, not sure)

Could I get some assistance if possible please?