Corsair Community

Corsair One clicking noise

hagmonk

Hey folks,

Very happy with my Corsair One, except for the strange clicking noise coming from the left side. It's a noise very much like a HDD seeking, and quite audible even from a few feet away.

I've done all the forum research and came to the conclusion it's definitely the water cooling circuit, having ruled out the actual HDD, fans, etc. A friend purchased a Corsair One at the same time and his is completely silent, so I've also ruled out this simply being how they all sound. One interesting twist is that I'm at 6000ft elevation, so this makes me wonder if it's a problem that escaped QA only for the bubbles to expand inside the tubing when it reached this altitude.

I raised a support ticket (2003562380) but the turnaround time on replies appears to be several days :[pouts: The one response I do have advises me to check the routing of the tubing to make sure it's "facing/oriented towards the bottom". So I have two questions:

1) there are two pieces of tamper evident tape preventing me from taking the sides off. Will I void the warranty by doing that?

2) can you recommend any other tips or tricks for getting rid of this noise? I've run the blender benchmark to get the fans going, tried leaving it off for a few days, tried keeping it busy, tried turning it on its side ... changing the orientation seems to affect the noise but doesn't make it disappear.

Aside from this issue the machine is awesome. I'd hate to have to go through the RMA process for something that seems pretty fixable - I'm willing to turn screws and take this thing apart but not if that would be a footgun for my warranty ...

You livin at 6000 ft. wow... where u at? Colorado, mountains in Nevada somewhere?

Yea, I'd say you nailed it with your troubleshooting, curious to see the response. I wonder what you could find out there regarding altitude effecting AIO coolers? Good point.

You livin at 6000 ft. wow... where u at? Colorado, mountains in Nevada somewhere?

Yea, I'd say you nailed it with your troubleshooting, curious to see the response. I wonder what you could find out there regarding altitude effecting AIO coolers? Good point.

Yep, up in the Sierras :) I had a reason to come down to sea level, so I dragged the Corsair One along with me. I turned it on down here and it's still making its little burbling noise. It's hard to tell if it's better or worse because it's quite a bit noiser where I am now. At the very least I will run it down here for a week and then take it up again and see if anything changes ...

• 1 month later...

Hello, I actually have the same clicking noises, usually when I boot the PC from an off or sleep state. Have to say I assumed this is normal until I came across this thread.

I do not live at 6000ft elevation... :) But the PC was most likely air shipped to me (over 10 months ago) if that might be relevant.

Wondering if you ever found a reason or a solution to this?

Cheers