Corsair Community

Questions and BSOD with Corsair XMS

felipe rayel

Hi everyone, I have some questions, if someone could help me... I have a single Corsair XMS PC4000 PRO 512mb stick runing in a msi k8n platinun board. I am runing with 400mhz and default settings 3-4-4-8 and 2.70v 1. The memory dont work in the first ddr bank. why? 2. Running in the second bank works great but i have some random BSOD at windows xp. something like "page fault in non paged area"... Every time i am doing nothing, just browsing files or Internet. Could be a PSU problem? 3. I need to change my memory voltage ? Regards.

• Corsair Employee
I would suggest testing the modules in another MB if possible as that would help isolate the problem! In addition, I would make sure that you have the latest bios installed as well! And XMS4000 was made for Intel platform; I would really suggest you use CMX1024-3200 with this MB!

i've seen more page fault in non paged area & irq is less than or equal to BSOD's in the last few days, i'd be rich if i had a dollar for it each time. just trying all kinds of different settings. my thinking now is, loosen up the timings until these 939 mobos can handle the tight settings.

Bad.. I tried using 3-6-7-15 of latency and the system run fine for 20 hours but got BSOD with "page fault in non paged area" again. I update the bios with a beta version and I will try to configure DDR333 to see if it solves the stability issue. I think there is some problem with my hardware because who sold me said that it was running fine. And i think there is some incompatiblity with the mobo... Firstly, this stick don´t run in the first ddr slot... I thought about the PSU, but the voltages are ok...

• Corsair Employee
First thing where are you getting these settings? I do not know if these modules will even support those timings! Please first make sure that you have the latest bios and then set the timings to Cass 3-3-3-8 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts and test the modules one at a time with www.memtest.org! I would set these timings and then set the Dim Voltage to +.2 Volts: [B]CAS Latency CL=3.0[/B] Row Cycle Time tRC [B]Bios Default[/B] Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC [B]Bios Default[/B] [B]Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3 [/B] Row to Row delay [B]Bios Default[/B] [B]Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 8 [/B] [B]Row Precharge Time tRP 3[/B] Write Recovery Time [B]Bios Default[/B] Write to Read delay [B]Bios Default[/B] Read to Write Delay [B]Bios Default[/B] Refresh Period tREF [B]Bios Default[/B] Enable 2T Timing [B]enabled[/B] Then test the system with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] and make sure it's stable!

Archived