Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2019, 01:43 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 989496
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxxer View Post
Got the H115i Platinum RGB. My temp sensor says 26.8c but still makes Fan #1 run at full RPM. Fan #2 working.
OK, double check to make sure your chosen fan profile is applied to both fans (ringed yellow). Use the + symbol to create a custom curve. Set it to a fixed RPM. Apply it to both fans. Do they respond?

Old 01-12-2019, 06:43 PM
mal5305's PC Specs

POST ID # = 989546
mal5305 Reputation: 10

I'm in the same boat as jinxxer. Using custom curve isn't honored, but neither is fixed % applied to fans (H115i Pro, new, latest software and firmware, Win10 1809)

Old 01-13-2019, 09:57 AM

POST ID # = 989634
jinxxer Reputation: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
OK, double check to make sure your chosen fan profile is applied to both fans (ringed yellow). Use the + symbol to create a custom curve. Set it to a fixed RPM. Apply it to both fans. Do they respond?
Yep, tried all Fan profiles and custom with fixed RPM. Make sure I clicked the fans to apply. Fan #2 responds to all changes, Fan #1 is 100%.

Until I get response from support, im running both fans from Fan #2 with a PWM splitter.. Not optimal for readings.

Old 01-13-2019, 10:24 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 989641

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxxer View Post
Yep, tried all Fan profiles and custom with fixed RPM. Make sure I clicked the fans to apply. Fan #2 responds to all changes, Fan #1 is 100%.

Until I get response from support, im running both fans from Fan #2 with a PWM splitter.. Not optimal for readings.
Actually, that is a good solution and most AIO fan controllers only have one fan channel anyway. There is no good reason to run one radiator fan faster or slower than the other. Since the original post with all that weirdness on the coolant temp, several more of you have come forward with this issue, all on the Platinum series coolers. I don't know what this is, but it looks like some kind of bug. Did you just update to iCUE 3.11? Did this start after or before the 3.11 update?

*If it comes back you all just updated to 3.11, then certainly rolling back to 3.10 might bear some thought. However, I don't see a down side to the way you are running now, other than the annoyance of it not working as it should.

Last edited by c-attack; 01-13-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Old 01-14-2019, 04:13 PM

POST ID # = 989879
Sigh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
Actually, that is a good solution and most AIO fan controllers only have one fan channel anyway. There is no good reason to run one radiator fan faster or slower than the other. Since the original post with all that weirdness on the coolant temp, several more of you have come forward with this issue, all on the Platinum series coolers. I don't know what this is, but it looks like some kind of bug. Did you just update to iCUE 3.11? Did this start after or before the 3.11 update?

*If it comes back you all just updated to 3.11, then certainly rolling back to 3.10 might bear some thought. However, I don't see a down side to the way you are running now, other than the annoyance of it not working as it should.
Its a newly installed system. Installed 3.10 first, had the problem. Tried firmware update, still problem. Installed 3.11, still problem. No response from support yet and ive seen the other thread, glad im not alone in this..

Old 01-14-2019, 04:36 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 989883

Ok, so problem on 3.10 & 3.11, plus we have one H115i Pro in the mix which is not going to be the same hardware or firmware.

Mal5305 - On your Pro, try using fixed RPM rather than %. Does it make a difference? I have the H115i Pro and it can be very slow to “stabilize” on fixed %. However, I don’t have and control problems on my custom curve. Is your Pro as wild as the others with one fan permanently maxed out?

For everyone, swap your fans on pump splitter so 1->2 and 2->1. Does the stuck fan stay on the same channel? Or move with the fan. Either way it’s usually a good idea to reconnect the fans when this happens.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:50 AM
mudyman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990374
mudyman Reputation: 10
Default Solved for me

Good news everyone!

I found the problem for me. The issue seemed to be the connection between the fans and the Y-Splitter to the pump unit. They were a little bit lose but after squeezing the connection together both fans are working properly again. It turned out this connection is not very robust and can easily get lose when you work on the pc hardware like cable management (I changed the psu before).

Hope this makes it for you too guys!

Old 01-30-2019, 08:06 PM

POST ID # = 992006

So im back.

I did have a support ticket with Corsair. Downgraded firmware, but to no avail, didnt work, Full speed Fan #1. They advised me to do a RMA, but im not in the hassel to do so. Im running both with PWM splitter from FAN #2 port and hope new firmware might fix the issue. /D

Old 10-01-2019, 10:48 PM
Elmojomo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019920
Elmojomo Reputation: 10

Hi all,
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I wanted to jump in to say I have the exact same issue on my H115i Pro. In my case, it's fan #2 that is unresponsive. I've tried every setting I can change in LINK (v4.9.7.35), and it's stuck on 1150rpm. Fan #1 behaves as expected. I'm on FW 1.0.4.0
My machine is not easy to access the internals, so I haven't tried swapping any cables, but I've done everything else. Is the consensus that I need to start a ticket with Corsair? I read through the whole thread and didn't really see a solution. My rig info is in my profile, if that matters. The CPU idles at around 37c and the GPU at around 40c, due to running dual monitors. I've switched the pump to performance mode, and I haven't noticed any change in idle temps. Haven't done any stress testing, so once I do that I may drop it back to normal mode if there's no real benefit. That's another topic anyway. :)
Thanks for any advice!

Last edited by Elmojomo; 10-01-2019 at 10:50 PM.

Tags
h115i device, icue, problem, rpm