Corsair Community

ST100 flashing colors when Windows is locked

qmtarl

Hi everyone,

I have an ST100 headset stand, and I have a problem with the RGB lights when I lock my computer. I've been reading for a bit and I understand that when you lock the computer, since CUE is not technically "working" and there isn't any built in memory in the ST100, the stand reverts back to the default rainbow wave scheme. I have a standard color scheme that is not as "in your face" as the default scheme that I would like to keep when the computer is locked. Is there a way to force CUE to work when a computer is locked?

I'm actually looking at writing a script to disable the actual USB port upon locking the computer and activating it back on unlocking the computer - but that seems like a convoluted solution and I'm not sure if it will remove the energy from the port.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Yeah, that's something I feared - Also, disabling any USB port on Windows will not remove the energy from it, or at least I couldn't find a way to. I've resorted to a physical approach with this issue and grabbed a black electric tape and covered the RGB panel... perhaps further revisions of CUE will probably have an actual service that will run at all times, and not only on the foreground. It is a pretty neat utility, but this one tiny behavior actually irks me. Thanks for the response though! :)

Hi everyone,

Any help would be really appreciated!

Hi,

I had the same issue and what worked for me is this.

Enable "Advanced", then select your default profile and click the "Save to M1 button" (see attached). After that, this profile will become loaded whenever CUE is not running and M1 is selected (for example when PC is locked or booting up). You can do the same thing for M2 and M3.

Except...

As a tiny exception, the M-indicator colours, the Lock indiactor colour and the Brightness indicator colour don't get save. Not a biggie, but would be nice if that can be fixed too.

cue.thumb.png.1887cbeab72e968e094c7b1b0bd4d00d.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived