Corsair Community

Contact cleaner for Memory Pins? Or Just Isopropyl?

MatthewScores

Many of these electrical contact cleaners claim to improve conductivity, is this stuff worth purchasing for memory pins and video card contacts to the motherboard? Or should I just stick with Isopropyl Alcohol? Or use nothing at all. Memory is new and in great condition, but always concerned with skin oil after touching and keeping the contacts clean. Am I just being too anal?:D:

http://www.amazon.com/CRC-05101-QD-Electronic-Cleaner/dp/B000CCMLD0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1337958940&sr=8-2

LOL, yeah, your just too , umm ..

Isopropyl will be fine! We used to use lots of that contact cleaner at work , but those were high contamination environments. Grease, mill dust and so on. Oil from your fingers shouldn't be an issue. Just wash your hands good before handling your , umm.... stick!:eek:

It shouldn't hurt to use it if you spray a little on a soft rag and just wipe them down.

LOL, yeah, your just too , umm ..

Isopropyl will be fine! We used to use lots of that contact cleaner at work , but those were high contamination environments. Grease, mill dust and so on. Oil from your fingers shouldn't be an issue. Just wash your hands good before handling your , umm.... stick!:eek:

It shouldn't hurt to use it if you spray a little on a soft rag and just wipe them down.

Actually I have two sticks 2X4GB. peanutz94 always the comedian, hahaha, thanks man! :hihi:

This is my first kit of Dominator GT and I am keeping them in separate clean bags and then in the AX850 pouch babying them a bit, also got the red extenders for them, they both passed memtest and now are just waiting for a motherboard to arrive. Yea maybe I am going a little OCD with them, ok a lot! The contact cleaner without the lubricant seems like the better choice, with some ultra-soft cotton I’ll give them a quick clean up during the build, thanks guys!

Archived