Corsair Community

CUE Feature Suggestions

With the new lighting for games i.e Diablo 3, GTAV, It would be pretty cool if we could have a list of the games this lighting feature is compatible with and also change the colour and speed of these effects.

The profile is implemented directly in the game through the CUE SDK by the developers (example Diablo 3 profile was implemented by Blizzard), there is no way to be able to adjust them in CUE.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The profile is implemented directly in the game through the CUE SDK by the developers (example Diablo 3 profile was implemented by Blizzard), there is no way to be able to adjust them in CUE.

That's a shame, Is there a list somewhere with the names of games that are CUE enabled ?

So far I've seen Diablo 3, GTAV and Homefront The Revolution.

That's a shame, Is there a list somewhere with the names of games that are CUE enabled ?

So far I've seen Diablo 3, GTAV and Homefront The Revolution.

I think I saw someone making a thread to list all supported games. Not sure where it ended up going tough, I don't see it in the sticky ones at the top at least...

• 2 weeks later...
Battery level in system icon tray. Could make it a lot easier to see how charged my wireless Void RGB is if it was just an icon in the icon tray or whatever it's called next to the clock in Windows. Right now its quite a few clicks to get to what should be easy to find. Even if it was under the right click menu on the CUE icon it would be an improvement.

Battery level in system icon tray. Could make it a lot easier to see how charged my wireless Void RGB is if it was just an icon in the icon tray or whatever it's called next to the clock in Windows. Right now its quite a few clicks to get to what should be easy to find. Even if it was under the right click menu on the CUE icon it would be an improvement.

I second this! Even just it being a tooltip when you are hover the CUE icon.

I have grown used to having a complex set of keymaps, where 9 of the side buttons on the corsair scimitar changes between major profiles, with more keys set to change to minor profiles within those major ones while held (to type several of my own usernames/email addresses for me ::pirate::). Most of the major profiles are to remap the macro that the left mouse button executes.

It would be amazing if the new cue added 2 features, otherwise I am forced to continue using cue 1.

-To assign left mouse button as long as left mouse click is assigned to any other button within that profile. Less important but, left mouse button could always be left mouse click while Cue is focused.

-The option to separate mouse and keyboard profiles. so a profile change in the keyboard (k95 rgb), doesn't change which profile the mouse (scimitar) is using, unless you specifically tell it to.

Edited by YayBacon

A thousand times this.

Hello :)

I would add to CUE two things

-Possibility to set a profile to a specific application on the start of it. It i ultra handy on my Logitech mouse because you set a profile once and every time when you launch your app or even alt+tab to them it automatically sets to it.

- Add a possibility to set an record action from K95 RGB (the MR button functionality but possible to be assigned to every button).

-Possibility to set a profile to a specific application on the start of it. It i ultra handy on my Logitech mouse because you set a profile once and every time when you launch your app or even alt+tab to them it automatically sets to it.

CUE can do this for like forever. Just link a profile with an application. (See Edit Profile > Link profile to program) ;):

Hi guys, first time here. Just got a Corsair Strafe and loving it.

Have some questions and suggestions to do.

1 - CUE have Profiles and inside it Modes. Don't CUE2 have Modes? Just can't find it. If not, any plans to implement it again? Asking it because of the suggestions that I will do next.

2 - Any chance to implement a Profile switching (better if it is a Mode switching inside a profile) using 1, 2 or 3 keys without lose the keys functions?

Let me explain, I got this keyboard to work, and use the lights at night time. I use programs with dozens of shortcuts like After Effects, Davinci Resolve, and started to put some usefull shortcuts that I already don't know to appear color coded on the keys, so started to learn more shortcuts.

If CUE2 could do what I asking, I can put all shortcuts from one of this programs at the same time using various Profiles (or 1 Profiles with Modes with all shortcuts).

Main Profile will show all keys that don't need modifiers to work, if you press CTRL key it will load the Profile (or mode) that have only key shortcuts that work with CTRL key pressed. Press CTRL+SHIFT, CTRL+ALT+SHIFT and it will change to corresponding Profile showing only the shortcuts that will work with that combination of keys modifiers. Loading on key (or keys) pressing and back to first Profile on key (or keys) release.

That will turn your product into a major learning and permanent tool for all users of programs with dozens of shortcuts.

But as a suggestion I really don't know if there are some hardware limitation to do something like I said.

Thanks anyway for your fantastic product.

Edited by Check

Referrence to keys in windows for the G# keys so we can use them in apps or games without having to create a key combo IE choose a key to reference itself as G10 instead of CTRL+1 in a game or app. This would let users to use a G# key as their push to talk or other media/action and not have any tie to hotkeys already in a game but making this an ability for windows to reference also would let native support for applications to do the same

Er, bgenius1299, the G# keys are specifically created so that one can bind them to a user-supplied definition; the USB HID keyboard specification shows that there is no particular keyscan code even defined for such auxilliary keys where it would even be possible for Microsoft (or any other OS manufacturer) to detect the pressing of such keys.

Note that CUE allows you to define the function of these keys to be sending a defined keyscan code that is not emitted by any other key of the keyboard, so that the OS and app (e.g. game) could then set a functional event when the G# is pressed. Any "native support" for such a key definition depends, of course, on the author of the OS or game, and is beyond the control of any keyboard software.

As a gaming enthusiast, you can examine the key bindings that the GAME AUTHORS allow, and if they support keys that are otherwise unused, then you can use CUE to define a G key to act as that key. Obviously, if the game itself only recognizes the standard alphanumeric U.S. keyboard, then even if one were to have the G keys act like F13-F20, for example, then the game would still not recognize it as something to be bound to "push to talk", for example.

CUE has additional capabilities that can be invoked beyond defining the G# keys to act like extra keys. Two features in particular may help you accomplish what you desire:

1) The game-specific sequences to do a function can be programmed as a CUE macro and assigned to a G key.

2) Any OS-controlled function or event that can be run from a command-line program can be invoked by defining this as the action of a G key.

If this explanation doesn't fully cover your desires, then please add additional explanation.

• 2 weeks later...
Why the hell doesn't CUE support KEY COMBINATIONS for MACROS yet? I mean, it's simple, it's an obvious utility, yet, this software that everyone praises to be so complex and complete, doesn't have it. People have been asking for this for years now, why doesn't Corsair implements it? I simply can not understand.

Easy-Shift + Left Click = Previous music

Easy-Shift + Right Click = Next music

Easy-Shift + Scroll Click = Windows sound mute

Easy-Shift + Scroll Up/Down = Volume up/down

Isn't that beautiful? I felt like I couldn't live without it, it was so practical and amazing.

I'll now have to go to a third party software to do so, since CUE is completely useless for mice.

CUE 2 supports key combination support; see the tutorial. The trick is to make the first key switch to a different macro to recognize the second key. You can keep the effect of the first key, and assign the profile switch to a second action on the first macro.

Mechanical switches rock, but chatter sucks. And the only way around it if a deep clean doesn't work is an RMA. RMA sucks.

CUE could use a user-configurable feature (in milliseconds) that ignores repeated keystrokes below that threshold.

This needs to be at the driver level so's it'll work across the board: games, desktop apps, the whole lot.

TBH I don't know why Corsair didn't think of this themselves. It would save them a fortunate in chatter-related RMAs.