Corsair Community

Gigabyte N650SLI-DS4 and CM2X1024-6400PRO

wiggle

Just bought a Gigabyte N650SLI-DS4 and CM2x1024-6400PRO to go with it. Seems the Mboard don't like the memory. I was getting random bsod on windows XP (SP 2 version) installation, which pointed to memory issues. So I went and updated the bios (now f7). The bios update seemed to make the bsod more frequent :/ So ran memtest86+-1.7 on both sticks. Many many errors on both sticks. I assume here that I wouldn't be unlucky and get 2 faulty sticks. So guessing the bios settings need changing.

Seems the auto detect in bios has the memory at 1.8 V (standard Gigabyte voltage?) and 5-5-5-18 T2

Any suggestions as to what changes I should make?

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Bios was updated. I hit optimal settings in bios and then changed the memory settings to 5-5-5-12 and voltage to 2.0 .

Results.

1 stick fails from the start of test. Other stick runs test error free until 98% of test 5, then errors.

OK, I was unlucky that 1 my sticks seems broke for sure. but the other 1 that started the test and got a fair way in before fail, should I be worried that that indicates a problem somewhere else as well? Or can I be that unlucky that I get 2 broke sticks together? (I did notice that 1 of the bios updates from gigabyte was for a ram compatability issue)

I have contacted my supplier and they are going to consider replacement under warranty. (they need do their own tests to confirm) So will take up the issue with them, and hopefully I will get replacements shortly.

Archived