Corsair Community

GPU water block causes card to tilt.

ctark

Let me start off by saying that the cooling performance of this GPU block is amazing. I mine crypto currency and my air cooled cards would run about 80c. With the corsair water block it is running at a very cool 40c right now and I'm very pleased with that.

What I'm not pleased with is how much flex it puts on the PCB in the middle of the card. This causes the right side to look severely tilted and it throws off the aesthetics. I planned to add more GPU's with water blocks but I'm not sure too encouraged by Corsair's product and might have to take a different approach. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

I attached a pic of my system, sorry about the mess. I'm just testing things out at the moment and needed to do a quick and dirty build to make sure things worked before I started putting it in a more permanent state.

image0.jpg.4683742f629882b50ccccae6e166bef9.jpg

I will be disassembling soon to do wire management. I'll take a look at the flex after I pull it out. I remember when I initially put it in to make sure I didn't over tighten anything and it made no difference when loosening the screws.

I had/have this issue with a 2080 ti FE. First block flexed the hell out of the PCB. RMA’d the block. Second block flexes it a little less but it’s still there (even out of the case)... the advice I was given was loosen the screws a bit. In my opinion I think it’s a product flaw, but I’m not too worked up about it because the flex isn’t extreme and it cools fine enough. You have a lot of flex there though...

• Corsair Employee

On certain locations, slight flex is OK.

When in doubt, don't hesitate to take a few pictures and we'll check and advise.

For such occurences, I advise to go directly to our support. Our tech support agents are aware of what's within tolerances and when additional action needs to be made.