Corsair Community

1000D + H150i Pro

Cakeomania

Hello

I have for some time been considering doing a custom loop in a 1000D.

However for the time beeing, I will use my H150i pro.

So my question is.

Does the tubes from the radiator to the pump reach my CPU if I mount the rad on the front of the case. Or do i have to buy a 120 mm fan bracket for the top and mount the H150 there?

Thanks for any answears :biggrin:

• Corsair Employee
Hello

I have for some time been considering doing a custom loop in a 1000D.

However for the time beeing, I will use my H150i pro.

So my question is.

Does the tubes from the radiator to the pump reach my CPU if I mount the rad on the front of the case. Or do i have to buy a 120 mm fan bracket for the top and mount the H150 there?

Thanks for any answears :biggrin:

Yup it will reach just fine. Good luck on your pending custom loop, don't forget to share some pictures!

• 2 months later...
It does not seem to reach, are you sure it will reach?

what do Ido not?

I have it reaching... barely, and not comfortably. I have 8 LL120 fans installed in the front fan tray, then I have the H150i installed on top of those fans, with the 3 ML120 fans that come with the H150i installed behind the radiator. Which means the AIO radiator is 25mm closer to the CPU than it would be otherwise.

So, looking from the rear of the case towards the front, it looks like this:

oo

xo

xo

xo

The 'x' denotes where the H150i is installed.

It's very, very tight, too tight for my tastes, and I'm not going to keep it this way for long as I'm getting ready to order custom water-cooling for the build.

I can say, though, that I've managed to get a 4.5GHz all core overclock on my i9-7940X running stable with just the H150i. Didn't expect that. That's running with everything (all fans & cooler) set to extreme while stress testing (set to quiet when not stress testing).

I'm hoping delidding and a custom-loop with at least 2 480 rads will yield a very quiet 4.7GHz or more.

If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll shift some stuff around and remove the side panel so I can take and upload a photo of the H150i installed in the front. A picture being worth a 1000 words and all. That way people can decide if they really want to have it installed that way.

Having done it, I wouldn't recommend it. It's just much too tight, and putting some stress on the nearest memory module to the CPU.

I would instead recommend buying the 8x120 fan tray for the top and installing it there, or using the H115i (240mm) cooler at the top (as @Zotty) has done. Or going with a custom loop, which is, IMO, what this case begs for, given all the space.

My apologies about this. It's an oversight on my part thinking there'a bracket that allow you to do so.

No worries mate. I bought an h115i to temporarily fix it. I'll put up som pictures to show the current progress. :biggrin:

Waiting to buy the custom loop parts

Yup it will reach just fine. Good luck on your pending custom loop, don't forget to share some pictures!

I just bought the 1000D and the H150i - and i cant see how you would ever get it to reach the front fan rail? Its at least 3 inches short - and that's assuming you DO NOT extend the fan rails. Curious how you made it work?

Never mind - found the follow up thread. Looks like Corsair has a fan rail that will work fo this (the 4x120mm - SKU CC-8900177) but no one seems to have it.

• 2 months later...
I just finished my 1000D build and my H150i Pro comes Sunday. Wish I knew that it would not reach before I bought this case & cooler....Corsair seems to do some strange things. Also, it seems that the 4x120 top tray has been out of stock forever. Why does Corsair do this?

Archived