Corsair Community

New Corsair i145 Noise/Questions

cjgrode

Hey all!

I have a quick questions with my new Corsair i145 that I purchased today. I am trying to get an idea on if I need to do an RMA or a support ticket because of noise under load. I searched the forums up and down but couldn't find anything specific to my situation.

At idle all temps and overall noise levels are outstanding. However once there is any load at all (gaming) the noise level becomes much louder than I anticipated. Temps through hardware monitor and iCUE all look normal but the DBA's of my unit are around 51-55. Does this seem normal under load? My custom pc I made previously (which I am hoping to replace) has an RTX 2060 (Zotac twin fan) with and a corsair H60 (CPU) and the DBA's in the same location are around 42-45.

I guess I was expecting, based on all the reviews I have watched and read, something much quiter. It could be something I read into too much but do noise level that high seem right? I am more than happy to provide screenshots or a short video if that is helpful. I dont hear any other worrisome noises though and with my temps being great I am assuming this may be normal--which is slight disappointing.

• Corsair Employee

Hi,

It's not to good to compare a compact system like CORSAIR ONE to a full-size desktop system. What you are reporting is normal. Corsair One maybe almost inaudible during idle and low-load but during gaming or performance-intensive application, the fan speed will automatically speed up to compensate for the additional heat.

One thing to always keep in mind is to keep a realistic expectation, if a compact system is powerful, it needs sufficient cooling as well. You cannot have a state of the art system crunching through all the task you are throwing at it and expecting it to NOT make a sound, as well as remaining properly cooled.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. My previous system was a compact mini itx but definitely less compact and powerful. I am really happy with the temps and machine but wanted to make sure my noise level wasn’t indicating a problem I couldn’t see with hardware monitor. My GPU temps an hour into gaming were around 65C and cpu temps were around the same (max). Fan speed never increased over 1100rpm so I think those are all pretty solid numbers