The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2017, 06:44 PM

POST ID # = 921279
khatur Reputation: 10
Default Need Help Fixing a K95

So my friend had a spill on his K95, He unplugged it right away and gave it to me cause he got a new one and thought I could fix this one. I cleaned it out and plugged it back in when it was all good (I followed the spill guide on here). It shows CRP Disabled so I call corsair and get the firmware file but for some reason, I can't replace the file on the keyboard with the new one. Whenever I plug it back in, I get the same CRP DISABLD and the file is the one from before. I've tried everything at this point. The PC I'm trying to use it on never had the K95 used with it so I had no CUE, I'm not sure if that would make a difference. I've installed CUE, used all the ports on my PC, changed windows settings and nothing seems to work. Has anyone dealt with this before? I don't want to send it in right now because I don't have a permanent address and if I can solve it myself I'd like to. I've tried to change firmware on a mac but it doesn't even delete the old .bin file completely so there isn't enough room for the old one. I haven't tried it on another PC yet but I'm not sure if that would even help. I’d really appreciate if someone could help me out I’ve never had a mechanical keyboard and I’d love to use this one!

Old 09-27-2017, 08:57 AM

POST ID # = 921340
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

Have you tried deleting the firmware.bin file from the keyboard and then copy over the file provided by Corsair?

Old 09-27-2017, 10:44 PM

POST ID # = 921439

Yeah that's what I was told to do by the Corsair rep and I kept trying it after too with other ports but its like I can't delete the file completely for some reason. Everytime I plug it back in the original file is back

Old 09-28-2017, 01:01 AM
Arokhantos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 921441
Arokhantos Reputation: 10

I remember when i had small spill on my k70 i had same issue it had to dry for a long time untill started recognizing it again, it still derped out and then had issues again, went away with time with 3 leds being half lit all the time so i just got a cheap k55 temporary, now im soon getting a k65 , i had one yesterday that was doa so i returned it and got new one ordered ariving today.

Just let it dry, you might need to disassemble it and clean it up to.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:20 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 921500
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by khatur View Post
Yeah that's what I was told to do by the Corsair rep and I kept trying it after too with other ports but its like I can't delete the file completely for some reason. Everytime I plug it back in the original file is back
The file will automatically rename itself to "firmware.bin" after you unplug the keyboard during the manual reflash process.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:14 AM

POST ID # = 921549

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
The file will automatically rename itself to "firmware.bin" after you unplug the keyboard during the manual reflash process.
I get that but it says that the file was created back in 2009 which I don't think would be latest firmware update. If it was being replaced properly, wouldn't the keyboard function as normal?

Old 09-29-2017, 12:16 AM

POST ID # = 921550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arokhantos View Post
I remember when i had small spill on my k70 i had same issue it had to dry for a long time untill started recognizing it again, it still derped out and then had issues again, went away with time with 3 leds being half lit all the time so i just got a cheap k55 temporary, now im soon getting a k65 , i had one yesterday that was doa so i returned it and got new one ordered ariving today.

Just let it dry, you might need to disassemble it and clean it up to.
I let it dry for a while tho and if it wasn't dry then, it should certainly be dry now. I left it in my room which gets hot and its been several days since I cleaned it. I will try to open it up and see what happens tho.

Old 05-29-2019, 02:56 PM

POST ID # = 1006170
alpark Reputation: 10

Quote:
I let it dry for a while tho and if it wasn't dry then, it should certainly be dry now. I left it in my room which gets hot and its been several days since I cleaned it. I will try to open it up and see what happens tho.
bro have you fixed it? I have the exact same problem, firmware bin file is reverted back to original
please tell me you fixed it

Old 05-29-2019, 08:26 PM

POST ID # = 1006211
Ghost_Endgame Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpark View Post
bro have you fixed it? I have the exact same problem, firmware bin file is reverted back to original
please tell me you fixed it
Same dude im gettin really pissed off with corsair atm NOTHING works without problems......

Old 05-31-2019, 04:02 PM

POST ID # = 1006430
alpark Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Endgame View Post
Same dude im gettin really pissed off with corsair atm NOTHING works without problems......
at least I'm not alone lmao

Old 06-03-2019, 07:30 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1006815
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

Generally when you reconnect it and the CRP Disabled drive is still displaying, it means one of two things:

1. The button is stuck down from the housing and needs to be released.
2. The internal memory of the keyboard has failed.

Old 11-30-2019, 02:25 AM

POST ID # = 1025701
Misrok Reputation: 10
Default Fixed it!!

Quote:
So my friend had a spill on his K95, He unplugged it right away and gave it to me cause he got a new one and thought I could fix this one. I cleaned it out and plugged it back in when it was all good (I followed the spill guide on here). It shows CRP Disabled so I call corsair and get the firmware file but for some reason, I can't replace the file on the keyboard with the new one. Whenever I plug it back in, I get the same CRP DISABLD and the file is the one from before. I've tried everything at this point. The PC I'm trying to use it on never had the K95 used with it so I had no CUE, I'm not sure if that would make a difference. I've installed CUE, used all the ports on my PC, changed windows settings and nothing seems to work. Has anyone dealt with this before? I don't want to send it in right now because I don't have a permanent address and if I can solve it myself I'd like to. I've tried to change firmware on a mac but it doesn't even delete the old .bin file completely so there isn't enough room for the old one. I haven't tried it on another PC yet but I'm not sure if that would even help. I’d really appreciate if someone could help me out I’ve never had a mechanical keyboard and I’d love to use this one!
After following all instructions from corsair with NO luck for 4 months I ended up taking it apart before throwing it away and after close inspection, I noticed the "reset" switch was NOT aligned and I pressed it, did the process and now it's all working! I can stop using this trash Razer one that takes 4 pounds to actuate the switch.