Corsair Community

LL120 Fan making squealing sound

Ozy_X

Recently put a new PC together. In addition to the three previous LL120 fans I had installed I got three more LL120's bringing the total to 6. It's one of the new fans that's having this problem.

It's a rapid, pulsating squealing sound coming from the fan. The fan itself is plugged into a fan splitter but I've tried swapping around which port the fan is plugged into yet the sound remains. There are no other wires coming in contact with the fan and it's been screwed down tightly.

not really sure where to go from here in terms of trouble shooting anyone.

Currently in the process of trying to upload a audio file of the issue.

If it is a clear mechanical squeeling, it likely has some kind of bearing issue. Make sure it isn't bolted down too tight or something else is pushing on the frame too hard. Any noise while running in free air (not mounted) clearly points toward the fan.

We don't see too many mechanical issues out of the box, but it appears you have one. I don't see a lot of reason to do somersaults to prove the point and would exchange the faulty fan with the vendor. If this is 1 of a 3 pack and the vendor wants all three (probably), you could try doing this through Corsair. However, given the holiday schedule, I think you are better off doing to full swap out versus putting up with a squeely fan for two more weeks.