Corsair Community

Troubles with Vengeance RGB Pro + Asus Crosshair VIII Hero + Ryzen 3800x

sergioaav

Hi everyone!

I bought and received this week the combination described on the title: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero with a Ryzen 7 3800x and 16 GB of Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro TUF 3200 MHz (CMW16GX4M2C3200C16-TUF).

My problem is that I can't set the memory to work at 3200 MHz. The only frequency in which I'm able to boot the computer is 2133 MHz. Any other configuration, and I end up stuck in the BIOS logo screen with the motherboard Q-Code showing A0.

I already tried:

- Unplug everything from the computer, maintaining only the basics

- Using only one of the two memory modules

- Using D.O.C.P to configure the module to 3200 MHz

- Using manual mode and configuring all by myself

- Tried to configure the module at lower frequencies (3000 MHz and 2666 MHz)

All these options make me end up at the BIOS logo screen stuck with the A0 Q-Code. I then have to boot in BIOS safe mode, set frequency to 2133 MHz (which is the Auto default) and reset the computer. The weird thing is, even when I do this reset, I end up stuck again on the BIOS screen logo. I have to turn the computer off physically through the button and wait a while. Only then the computer turns on with memory at 2133 MHz and boots to Windows.

With the memory set to 2133 MHz, it boots as it should.

Has anyone already seen this kind of behavior? I don't know if my motherboard came with something wrong or if it is the memory that is not compatible for some reason with this system.

Don't worry, have the same problem.

Build:

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING (last bios)

AMD Ryzen 2600X

have CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 x4

tested x2 in dual channel to XMP to 3200Mhz work fine, bt if put x4 modules, system fail and instareset, back to default 2133 Mhz

now im working with gskill rgb 2400@2800Mhz x4 without problem.

Well, I only have two modules and I can't make even one of them to boot in any frequency higher than 2133 MHz.

It's memory incompatibility then and not a problem with my motherboard?

I'm thinking in returning these memory modules and getting another one... maybe one of the G.Skill Ryzen certified I saw.

• 1 month later...
Just to update here. I returned the motherboard to the store. They ran some tests and confirmed that the memory slots were troublesome. I tested the Corsair memory modules in another Ryzen from a friend and, although they worked in 3200 MHz as they should, the timings for a stable boot were slower than promised by Corsair. I ended buying the same motherboard in another store and got some G.Skill Neo 3200 MHz 2 x 8 GB. It is now working perfectly.

• 2 months later...
Just to update here. I returned the motherboard to the store. They ran some tests and confirmed that the memory slots were troublesome. I tested the Corsair memory modules in another Ryzen from a friend and, although they worked in 3200 MHz as they should, the timings for a stable boot were slower than promised by Corsair. I ended buying the same motherboard in another store and got some G.Skill Neo 3200 MHz 2 x 8 GB. It is now working perfectly.

I just created an account to this forum to let you know that with the latest BIOS update from ASUS this issue will be solved. I had exact the same problem and it fixed it for me!

cheers