Corsair Community

ICUE causing LL120 Fans to bug?

Merked

So in my case, I have 3 Corsair LL120 Fans.

I installed these in my case about 6-7 months ago.

Over this time I've encountered no problems with the lighting, and I've consistently switched between effects.

About a month ago I started noticing that the lighting of one of the fans was flickering slightly, but returned to how it was, so I thought nothing of it.

At the moment, I have them set to white, and they are linked to my H100i Platinum. However, part of the lighting on the LL fans has just completely stopped. One whole fan is working, then only half of the LEDs on the next fan work, then on the last fan none are working. All the fans of the H100i work however, as well as the lighting on the pump.

I have reason to believe this is not an issue with the fans, as sometimes when I boot up my PC, such as yesterday (13/03/20), when all 3 fans were working perfectly, and the RGB was as normal.

I have ensured that my windows is fully updated, as I originally thought somehow this might be the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

This sounds like a bad fan in the loop.

Corsair RGB fans run in series passing RGB signal from one fan to the next so, one bad fan not providing the correct RGB signal can cause issue like the flickering you are observing. Now, the fun part is you will have figure out what fan is causing your issue. Basically, you will have to test each fan by methodically moving them around in your RGB hub (only move them around with the power off) and test until you find the culprit(s). Remember, the RGB connectors on your hub must be in sequence, therefore for example, 4 fans on a hub, ports 1,2,3 & 4 must be populated without missing a port.

This sounds like a bad fan in the loop.

Basically, you will have to test each fan by methodically moving them around in your RGB hub (only move them around with the power off) and test until you find the culprit(s).

Okay, I'll give this a try, thanks for the help!

Weirdly though the fans that aren't working today are different to the ones that weren't working when I posted this, so I think I can already figure out which one is faulty, but I'll still test it.

I have same problem, I have changed the connector of the leds cables in the connections that they work and works correctly, also I have changed the output of the Lighting Node PRO and I have got led's off. Also I have changed to different usb on the board with same result.

I have same problem, I have changed the connector of the leds cables in the connections that they work and works correctly, also I have changed the output of the Lighting Node PRO and I have got led's off. Also I have changed to different usb on the board with same result.

If you're testing fans singly, this will not work. A seemingly good (working/lit) fan might still have trouble passing a RGB signal to the next fan in line.