Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2018, 07:01 PM
tswartfiguer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957723
tswartfiguer Reputation: 10
Default Same Issue

I have been having the same issue with my LL120 fans. I have 9 LL120 fans and 1 LL140 fan. Doesn't matter what lighting profile I put on the flickering is static. Restarting the computer sometimes fixes it but most of the time the flickering is still present.

I ended up reverting back to the normal corsair utility software and the corsair link software. Since reverting back to the older software I haven't had the flickering issues at all. This sucks because I also miss out on a lot of features that the icue software provides including setting all my lighting in one place instead of having to set some lighting profiles with the link software and the rest inside the corsair utility.

Corsair you need to fix this fast. Everyone here has spent a ton of money on these products only to be aggravated with the annoying issues.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:59 PM
acEclipse's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957878
acEclipse Reputation: 10

Echoing what others have said.

I have 4 x LL120's connected to a Node Pro which is then connected to a Commander Pro. The LL120's always default to the rainbow effect upon first boot up of my PC. The 2 x RGB strips connected to the other Commander channel work perfectly fine. My go to fix is doing a windows Restart and everything works fine from there. Otherwise, my fans actually try to superimpose whatever lighting effect i want PLUS the rainbow effect. Setting instant lighting to black (all off) turns off my keyboard, strips, but the fans keep going.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:37 AM

POST ID # = 958030
gunner007dc Reputation: 10

Still seems to be an issue in the 3.3 release. My issue seems to stem from returning from sleep. Fans go into a seizure mode where they rapidly seem to switch from rainbow->whatever current mode is selected. 4 LL fans connected to a Commander Pro.

Only way to solve it is kill the Corsair service, which lets it return to normal.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:14 PM
Fenweekooo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958031
Fenweekooo Reputation: 10

i did not have this issue for the longest time on the old version (had it but it went away for some reason) now its back in full force after every restart.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:14 PM
LukasB1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958095
LukasB1 Reputation: 12

i made a very simple basic task in windows task scheduler, trigger at log on of any user (for when it wakes up from sleep), action - start a program "net" argument "stop CorsairService"
i have the service set to restart on failures, so it just restarts after it stops
Old 06-07-2018, 05:44 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958103
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

We're working on implementing a fix that hopefully resolves this in 3.4. Thanks for your patience everyone.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:46 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Whisky Lima's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958704
Whisky Lima Reputation: 18

I have found a solution that worked for me and a few others. Please read fully before you begin.

You will need to backup your profiles before you begin and this will reset everything in iCue as if it were the first time you used it so keep that in mind.

First uninstall iCue and tell it to remove all user settings during the uninstall process.

Next you will need to remove any left over folders as follows:
  • "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair"
  • "C:\ProgramData\Corsair"
  • "C:\Users\Whisky Lima\AppData\Roaming\Corsair"

(note that your user data will not be under Whisky Lima and some of your folder locations may differ from mine)

I don't know if this is a necessary step but I then ran CCleaner to clean up the registry only. You might need to run the registry cleaner a few times to get everything and make sure you backup your registry before your begin and with each time you run the cleaner.

Once complete restart your computer and reinstall iCue. Then you can get to work, setting everything up again and import any profiles you saved.

Please note that CCleaner can cause problems if it is not used correctly and I take no responsibility if anything goes wrong. Feel free to try this without the ccleaner step if you are not sure.

| =============== |
| Get your Game Face on! |
| View my YouTube Channel |
| ================= |
Old 06-12-2018, 09:14 PM
PerfectCr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958832
PerfectCr Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair CJ View Post
We're working on implementing a fix that hopefully resolves this in 3.4. Thanks for your patience everyone.
Great thanks! For me, my 3 LL120's go all wonky (flashing and such) after resuming the PC from sleep. Win10 (latest) and iCUE 3.3.103. Only way to fix is restart.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:19 AM
scepter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958883
scepter Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdems View Post
Has anyone found a permanent resolution to this issue? I'm experiencing the flickering on initial startup as soon as icue starts on my 3 x LL120. I'm controlling the fans via a commanderpro.

The only resolution for this that i found is opening task manager and end task on Corsair.service 32bit that's worked for me the service will restart and the flickering stops and icue works as it should the only real permanent resolution is for Corsair to Fix this bug.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:23 PM
RonDoby's PC Specs

POST ID # = 959915
RonDoby Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair CJ View Post
Thank you so much for acknowledging that there is a problem and your working on fixing it. It is appreciated!

Now just please follow through and make sure that something is done to correct this. You championing a problem like this means a lot to the actual consumers and it really should mean something to Corsair as well!
Old 06-21-2018, 07:54 AM
crushkyle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 960140
crushkyle Reputation: 10

Same flickering rainbow as others. It was gone the first few times, but now is back. Turning off Corsair App in task manager fixed it, guessing it is a sleep issue as I do that engaged in Windows
Old 06-22-2018, 12:19 AM
cartoonsk8's PC Specs

POST ID # = 960251
cartoonsk8 Reputation: 10

Im having the same problem. CORSAIR PLEASE FIX YOUR STUFF!!!! Im sad that I cant play farcry 5, because my lights keep flickering and wont stop unless i restart my PC or end iCue thus not letting me use the feature in farcry that i bought the ll120's for.

Last edited by cartoonsk8; 06-22-2018 at 12:23 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:34 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 960256
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

Have you guys updated to 3.4? It went live earlier this week.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:12 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Whisky Lima's PC Specs

POST ID # = 960275
Whisky Lima Reputation: 18

Those of you still having issues can try this:
  • Go to Windows Settings > System > Power & Sleep
  • Look for the "Additional Power Settings" This will bring up a second window.
  • In here click on, "Choose what the power button does"
  • Now select "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
  • Now you will see the options at the bottom come to life.
  • You will need to turn off Fast Start-up by un-checking the box.
  • Click on "Save Changes" at the bottom to finish.

This will fix the problem when you turn on the computer, but wont stop it from happening when you resume from sleep.

Please also be aware if you have a mechanical hard drive as your boot device this will make your computer boot much slower but for those with an SSD, you shouldn't notice much difference.

The Devs are aware and are working very hard to fix this problem but in the mean time this should help a little.

| =============== |
| Get your Game Face on! |
| View my YouTube Channel |
| ================= |
Old 06-22-2018, 04:23 PM
crushkyle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 960366
crushkyle Reputation: 10

I'm on 3.4.95. And 2-3 days earlier I did switch off Fast Start-up on Win 10 and since then (consistent through maybe 4 starts later) it fixes the problem. I set my desktop never to sleep so agree that taking probably literally an extra 2 seconds to boot up is not an issue.

3.4 is much better on my Ryzen build than 3.3, so as this is the only problem I'm having on it, I'm very happy. (3.3 would not even let me access various downloaded profiles for my RBG Strafe, as well as controlling my LL fans only 5% of the time.) Thanks developers!

Tags
bug, fans, flicker, ll120