Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2018, 03:28 AM
Muadweeb's PC Specs

POST ID # = 959409
Muadweeb Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughtcoder View Post
Is there any update on this? Appears that it is still not resolved.
Absolutely not. Nothing on this issue has been fixed.

Old 06-18-2018, 03:04 AM
TrainwreckX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 959576
TrainwreckX Reputation: 10

I'm having this issue now, too, I think. I've got an ASMedia USB hos controller and when I install Link or iCue it doesn't even install drivers for my H150i Pro (because it's going through my Commander Pro). Unfortunately I'd have to buy other parts to work around this as I only have one USB 2.0 header on my mobo (Maximus X Code).

Old 07-24-2018, 11:59 PM

POST ID # = 965356
rpesta Reputation: 10

Bumping this thread, again. Been waiting on a fix for this for I think over a year now.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:58 PM
joe.king.cool's PC Specs

POST ID # = 969793
joe.king.cool Reputation: 10
Sad same issue

I tried all the same possible combinations, and got same results. still not fixed. and yes tech support eventually said to return it because firmware must be corrupt. they might as well just take the usb headers off the commander pro. considering there own products wont work off of them.

part of the problem i have also is that my motherboard says it has 4 usb 2.0 headers but actually has 2. when i look close at board it says usb12 and usb 34. so i can assume that means each header can only handle 2 usb connections, so in my case i can plug 1 device into back of com pro assuming the com pro would be one as well. then plug the other usb into the board. considering i have the 3 usb devices that need plugged in. 1. h80i 2. 1000rmi 3. commander pro, all of which are corsair products.

so far i can get 2 of the devices to work at one said time. basically plug the com pro/ h80i in board or com pro/1000i into board. if i plug 80i into com pro, windows 10 64bit will start up, BUT no control of h80i, if i plug 1000rmi into com pro, pc goes to black screen after bios. so i have to choose between 2 corsair products to control.

also to note, like was mentioned earlier i think, if your pc wont start after plugging in the commander pro, then only plug com pro usb header in, the other corsair products, leave unplugged TEMPORALLY just to get windows to boot and open icue then update firmware, also to note i updated firmware and tried then forced update as well, and got same results. so there should be no need to replace the com pro, unless the headers on back of com pro went bad.

but since this is a on going issue and recent posts say a new one didn't change anything, i can safely assume it wont help me ether.

im currently ordering 2 y cables for the usb headers, so everything will be plugged into motherboard. i want to thank all those that have posted on this thread, with great deal of there isolation troubleshooting and dictation. and hopefully corsair takes seriously soon.

Old 08-22-2018, 11:00 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 969818
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe.king.cool View Post
I tried all the same possible combinations, and got same results. still not fixed. and yes tech support eventually said to return it because firmware must be corrupt. they might as well just take the usb headers off the commander pro. considering there own products wont work off of them.
That's actually not accurate. The issues are primarily isolated to a subset of AMD motherboards (not all AMD boards, in fact). It has something to do with the initialization of the USB headers by the USB chipset ... and it also affects other devices as well (NZXT's internal USB hub is one). That's not invalidating your issue or your frustration but that should be directed where it belongs - to the USB chipset maker.

Quote:
part of the problem i have also is that my motherboard says it has 4 usb 2.0 headers but actually has 2. when i look close at board it says usb12 and usb 34. so i can assume that means each header can only handle 2 usb connections, so in my case i can plug 1 device into back of com pro assuming the com pro would be one as well. then plug the other usb into the board. considering i have the 3 usb devices that need plugged in. 1. h80i 2. 1000rmi 3. commander pro, all of which are corsair products.
It likely says that it has 4 ports. Each header has 2 ports. There is a difference and that's pretty important when you are reading specs.

Quote:
so far i can get 2 of the devices to work at one said time. basically plug the com pro/ h80i in board or com pro/1000i into board. if i plug 80i into com pro, windows 10 64bit will start up, BUT no control of h80i, if i plug 1000rmi into com pro, pc goes to black screen after bios. so i have to choose between 2 corsair products to control.
And I have one machine with a CoPro that has an RM650i and an H100i V2 connected to it with no issues. And another that has an HX1200i, an H115i Pro and a Lighting Node Pro connected to it ... no issue. My son's machine has a CoPro with an H100i V2 plugged into it ... on an AMD Ryzen motherboard ... no issue.
Again, there's something wonky with the USB chipset and it doesn't affect every AMD board. I know that Corsair has tried to resolve it with firmware updates.

Quote:
but since this is a on going issue and recent posts say a new one didn't change anything, i can safely assume it wont help me ether.

im currently ordering 2 y cables for the usb headers, so everything will be plugged into motherboard. i want to thank all those that have posted on this thread, with great deal of there isolation troubleshooting and dictation. and hopefully corsair takes seriously soon.
Corsair has taken this seriously and they have tried to fix it. However, how much effort do they need to put into working around another vendor's bug before it's enough? I know it's easy to blame Corsair ... but the fact of the matter is that machines that have this issue with the CoPro have the same issue with the NZXT internal hub. That, my friend, pretty clearly indicates where the issue lies.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 10-17-2018, 02:58 PM
Tirent777's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976827
Tirent777 Reputation: 10

Has anyone came up with a working solution to this issue? Regarding USB devices plugged into the commander pro not being recognized? My lighting node pro will not show up or my h150i won't show if connected. It seems like it's a chipset issue from what I've read. I've got a Asus Rog strix x470 f gaming board with only 2 headers still looking for a solution running a r7 2700 all with latest drivers. Any work around would be appreciated. Dunno if someone can suggest older drivers or what but looks like this post stopped awhile back with no real resolution and I'm in the same boat lol.

Thinking of buying a splitter for one of the headers but afraid I'll run into the same problem. Or a pcie card that has USB 2.0 headers on it but can't seem to find them.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:42 AM

POST ID # = 976889
AekaGSR Reputation: 10

Just built up my system with lights and liquid coolers and ran into this problem on an intel setup with MSI 370 board. So it seems the controller is to spec but the motherboard controller isn't?

Is there a 3rd party hub that can fix this? Or are we just screwed with options?

Old 10-19-2018, 09:22 PM
Tirent777's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977153
Tirent777 Reputation: 10

Ok instead of trying out a y splitter for the usb hub which may have worked dunno for sure. And after tinkering around with all the suggestions I could find from all over I bought this, figured I could live with 5 bucks going to waste if it didn't work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

While it's not ideal solution it worked! And now I have control over all my lights, fans, and h150i.

Luckily there was a nice spot to just run it out the back of my case and into a empty usb slot.

So if anyone running into these issues with some of the amd motherboards or chipsets where the usb headers on the commander pro are not being recognized by the system. This worked for me and now my RBG is up and running beautifully.

Old 12-02-2018, 01:33 PM
th3rtythr33's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983186
th3rtythr33 Reputation: 10

Hey everyone.

My device manager is not recognizing the Commander Pro as a USB Hub. My Commander Pro is labeled 1000D and included with my 500D SE RGB case.

The LED on the Commander Pro is also not lighting up at all. Is this consistent with the problems others have had with the ASmedia USB controllers?

The three USB 2.0 Headers I have are provided by the AMD X470 chipset.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:42 PM

POST ID # = 984284
schmak01 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3rtythr33 View Post
Hey everyone.

My device manager is not recognizing the Commander Pro as a USB Hub. My Commander Pro is labeled 1000D and included with my 500D SE RGB case.

The LED on the Commander Pro is also not lighting up at all. Is this consistent with the problems others have had with the ASmedia USB controllers?

The three USB 2.0 Headers I have are provided by the AMD X470 chipset.
I have the same issue on my X470. I only have 2 USB 2.0 headers though on the motherboard.

I am trying one of these, I'll let you know if it works on Monday:

If not then I'll need to cut a USB2.0 cable and make my own or buy one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Duttek-2-Pack...herboard+9+pin

Old 12-08-2018, 12:31 AM

POST ID # = 984298
schmak01 Reputation: 10

I got it to work, not sure why but it does.

I had to do all this with my computer on, so do at your own risk...

First, I have the ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING MB, so only 2 USB 2.0 headers at the bottom. I also have an Asus Wifi/Bluetooth PCIe card that used the USB2.0 for the BT (need something powerful for my WMR controllers.)

I did the following all with the PC ON so huge disclaimer again!

I had to plug my Commander Pro into the USB2.0 3-4 slot, and my H100i Pro into the 1-2 slot.

Made sure everything came up in device manager, then checked iCue.

My H100i pro was not there, so I had to update the driver in DeviceManager from the USB drivers in the iCUE folder since Windows thought it was an H100i Platinum.

Once I did that, they both showed up.

I then plugged in my HX1000i into my Commander, detected fine, no issues.

Lastly plugged my BT card into the commander, detected, no issues.

I've rebooted 3-4 times since I can't believe it is all there, but it is.

Old 12-29-2018, 12:06 PM
th3rtythr33's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987480
th3rtythr33 Reputation: 10

I ended up doing something a little different. I took the USB connector for my CPU cooler and the one for the Corsair Link module and combined them so they would only occupy one USB header.

Old 12-31-2018, 02:27 AM
Trick0502's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987646
Trick0502 Reputation: 10

I am also having this issue. I have an Asus x470 mb. What setting should I be using to get the hub to work on the commander pro?

Old 01-04-2019, 12:15 PM
Nobiling's PC Specs

POST ID # = 988249
Nobiling Reputation: 10
Default How I Fixed It...

Ok, so I was able to resolve the issue on my motherboard (ASUS Crossfire Hero VII WiFi)...
When I first got my motherboard, it had the version 0509 BIOS and the USB headers were working, but different Corsair devices would disconnect and reconnect randomly. Most notably my H150i AIO (connected on the Commander Pro) and the ST100 stand connected regular USB.
Eventually, I got tired of the random flickering so I upgraded my BIOS to version 1103 (newest), but the H150i AIO AND my HX850i power supply (both connected to the Commander Pro USB headers) stopped appearing inside iCue. Every other Corsair device worked just fine. Digging through the new BIOS, I noticed a lot of USB handoff/control options no longer existed. The only related option that still remained was the XHCI handoff which was enabled.
I downgraded to version 0702 and many USB options and controls reappeared. I left all the USB related options to their defaults (Auto) and everything started working again.

In summation, if the newest BIOS version doesn't work for you, maybe try an older one?...

Old 01-06-2019, 07:41 PM

POST ID # = 988569
MrKartoffel Reputation: 10
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirent777 View Post
Ok instead of trying out a y splitter for the usb hub which may have worked dunno for sure. And after tinkering around with all the suggestions I could find from all over I bought this, figured I could live with 5 bucks going to waste if it didn't work.

While it's not ideal solution it worked! And now I have control over all my lights, fans, and h150i.

Luckily there was a nice spot to just run it out the back of my case and into a empty usb slot.

So if anyone running into these issues with some of the amd motherboards or chipsets where the usb headers on the commander pro are not being recognized by the system. This worked for me and now my RBG is up and running beautifully.
I think I have the same problem like everyone else here. Thanks for your advice, I will buy one too and test it with my system. I have an MSI b450m mortar mb. Tbc :/

EDIT: It works now, plugged in the cable into the ln and one usb port outside of the case. (Usb2 to mini usb b cable used)

Last edited by MrKartoffel; 01-07-2019 at 08:13 AM.